We were not the first people to board Destiny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hercthx View Post
    thats the thing the life support was not running while no one was on the ship, the very first sequence of sgu season 1 episode 1 scene 1 was of the ship starting up again. while no one is onboard destiny shuts all systems down including life support, other wise with the leaks the air would have been depleted long ago. as the ship started receving an incoming wormhole, it awoke, restarted systems, and repressurized as best as it could.
    If the life support was not on, there would have been no air as soon as they got on board. They would have been exposed to vacuum, and died.
    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
    Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
    If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
    Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

yes an educated guess. as the ship has been on course for millions of years, i took it that if destiny was running life support for a million years wil atmosphere slowly venting that over a million years the atmosphere would have been depleated. so my guess is that with no one aboard destiny shut down life support and depressurized to conserve air for when a crew arrived. the fact the the filters where in desperated need of replacing told me that the remaininbg oxygen was so badly toxified due to the filters being used up. the fatc the the filters were used up, coupled with the battle damage, and the missing shuttle tells me that there was somewhat of a crew there before, and that they experienced a battle, and when the oxygen becam too toxic they had to abondon ship. once empty of lifeforms destiny when into hybernbation. that is my guess

perhaps i missed something what was your take on it jel?
      Last edited by hercthx; 30 January 2011, 10:55 AM.

Comment

yes an educated guess. as the ship has been on course for millions of years, i took it that if destiny was running life support for a million years wil atmosphere slowly venting that over a million years the atmosphere would have been depleated. so my guess is that with no one aboard destiny shut down life support and depressurized to conserve air for when a crew arrived. the fact the the filters where in desperated need of replacing told me that the remaininbg oxygen was so badly toxified due to the filters being used up. the fatc the the filters were used up, coupled with the battle damage, and the missing shuttle tells me that there was somewhat of a crew there before, and that they experienced a battle, and when the oxygen becam too toxic they had to abondon ship. once empty of lifeforms destiny when into hybernbation. that is my guess
        Or maybe they were bad up running for a few million years. Seems more rational then some wild story of having previous occupants considering how difficult it was for aliens like the Blues to get on Destiny
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Or maybe they were bad up running for a few million years. Seems more rational then some wild story of having previous occupants considering how difficult it was for aliens like the Blues to get on Destiny
          lol you beat me to it haha. ok hey actually that is a great point. why were the blues having such a hard time i wonder! wild story..you bet. i had hoped that they were leaving that for a dvd thing kind of like what bsg did with razor. would have made a neat side story i thought, but yeah you would think that the blues could just stroll right in.

Comment

actually if i designed a space ship with ancient tech, i'd add in reserve tanks. so whenever someone comes in, the reserves open up to fill the ship with air, so nobody dies in 10 seconds from lack of oxygen.

obviously the filters were dead and the ship didn't have atmosphere. atmosphere was pumped in when the Crew came onboard.

so the filters were clogged by the atmosphere since the launch. the oxygen was used up by rusting, and probably by bacteria. CO2 by the filters. then the ship was void of gas. and once the crew arrived, reserves were pumped in

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
              actually if i designed a space ship with ancient tech, i'd add in reserve tanks. so whenever someone comes in, the reserves open up to fill the ship with air, so nobody dies in 10 seconds from lack of oxygen.

obviously the filters were dead and the ship didn't have atmosphere. atmosphere was pumped in when the Crew came onboard.

so the filters were clogged by the atmosphere since the launch. the oxygen was used up by rusting, and probably by bacteria. CO2 by the filters. then the ship was void of gas. and once the crew arrived, reserves were pumped in
              hm interestingt point. but if the ship was depressurized (no atmospere) would ther be no oxygen for the bacteria or rust to consume? oh i see ok i get it you are saying that what was pumped into the ship during represserization was the reserve atmosphere, hmm. not making sure the filters were clean befor sending off destiny was a big oversight on the anchients part haha. or perhaps they thought they would just bring new filter material with them and that would have been priority one, refill scrubber tanks.

Comment

no the original atmosphere was actually consumed by those bacteria.

Comment

hmm non lost to the leaks in the damaged sections?

Comment

Seems more rational then some wild story of having previous occupants considering how difficult it was for aliens like the Blues to get on Destiny

but yet the ursini got on board aand were able to control a seeder ship which i'm sure had top notch security codes too....

Comment

Originally posted by caribsci View Post
                      but yet the ursini got on board aand were able to control a seeder ship which i'm sure had top notch security codes too....
                      IIRC, didn't the Ursini just get onboard the seeder ship and basicly shut it down (or it shut itself down as a defence mechanism), rather than control it? I thought they only got control of it once the Destineers got onboard and re-started it's systems?
                      sigpic
                      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

the filters were not filled with metal, in fact rush could not even fully identify what it was the only thing he could do was suggect calcium carbonate as a replacement. if it was an alloy then he would have suggested replacing with parts of the ship.
                        the metal wasn't in the filters the metal is the ship, which when reacted with oxygen causes rust. Id say considering how when they ship comes under attack sparks have been known to fly that maybe the ship had an excess of carbon dioxide and had to keep filtering it, coupled with the holes letting the air out, the system was overtaxed.

Comment

IIRC, didn't the Ursini just get onboard the seeder ship and basicly shut it down (or it shut itself down as a defence mechanism), rather than control it? I thought they only got control of it once the Destineers got onboard and re-started it's systems?

yeah but they knew how to drain power from destiny and also managed fairly quickly to learn the controls imo.rush and company has been on destiny for almost a year and still don't have full control of the ship.and i do believe that the seeder ships would be more protected than destiny as the ancients sure wouldn't want all those gates in the wrong hands.......
                          leh me ask a question offtopic..............why was it ok for the tauri to use gates to build the gatebridge connectig pg and mw......but wen baal was ''stealing'' stargates to rebuild his empire it was such a problem....i kno this is way off topic but i was just wondering.

Comment

yeah but they knew how to drain power from destiny and also managed fairly quickly to learn the controls imo.rush and company has been on destiny for almost a year and still don't have full control of the ship.and i do believe that the seeder ships would be more protected than destiny as the ancients sure wouldn't want all those gates in the wrong hands.......
                            leh me ask a question offtopic..............why was it ok for the tauri to use gates to build the gatebridge connectig pg and mw......but wen baal was ''stealing'' stargates to rebuild his empire it was such a problem....i kno this is way off topic but i was just wondering.
                            firstly - the ursini could have found he seed ship and figured out a lot before they went into stasis to wait to be picked up by their people so they my have already known how to operate teh controls - they could have been there for years. as for them not wanting to have control of the gates, anyone could find the gates on any planet but you need a remote to use them. chances are the seed ship doesnt have teh remotes, it was designed to be unmanned.

secndly - baal was stealing gates from anywhere, including habitable planets, we on the other hand took them from uninhabitable planets, in pegasus they took space gates are no other race besides the wraith used them and they had no porblems taking the gates from them. in milky way i assume they found planets that could not support life, dead planets and the planets had no use for a stargate.

Comment

actually Mazolli answered that question on his blog some time ago. He compared the seedships and destiny to "drones and the queen". That means that actually Destiny is more protected than the seed ships because the mission Destiny is on is more important than one of countless ships that place stargates.

Comment

yeah a planet might be uninhabited at the moment but how many times we've seen ppls relocated to different worlds.removing stargates makes the chances of finding relocation planets much harder,..............back to destiny.....the tauri are so arrogant in thinking they were the first to get on board ,when destiny has been through so many galaxies ......look how easy the blues got on board to get chloe though........and chloe is half blue and can understand the ancients' technology wat better than rush or eli.....

Comment

Working...
                                X