This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
    Doubt it, he gave an honest answer, not everyone who watches or acts in a show will like it and MS is no different.
    Never heard the cast of SGU give it an "honest" opinion though.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
      Never heard the cast of SGU give it an "honest" opinion though.
      Smith has been ultra defensive in interviews and twitter so I think he'd have trouble giving an honest opinion and I suspect a lot of the younger actors would also, I'm sure the more experienced actors like Ming Na and Carlyle wouldn't have any problems expressing a negative opinion (if that was the case) but their smart enough to know that would be a stupid thing to do

Comment

Originally posted by TENTHIUS View Post
        Well, MS has been critical of the Ark of Truth and he was on SGU...I wouldn't say this "There's sometimes too much drama" could change something. He didn't say anything bad...just named what he likes and what dislikes...
        Yeah. Basically he said that he has some issues but likes the show in general. That's hardly "hating it" as it's been relayed on the forum. The interview is definitely more toned-down and less critical of SGU that the ones about SG-1 he'd done after having left the show after season 5; and as we all know he came back as a full cast member even after those so I really don't think that such interviews have any bearing on whether the actors are hired or not. Show-biz, eh?

I haven't heard of RDA being critical of SGU. Anyone has any links/quotes?

As for JF, the only thing I heard was what's already been said here, about him not having seen it yet and his young children not liking it. Again, it's hardly "hate" or "bad-mouthing". I asked once for links/exact quotes on another thread in which folks kept insisting he can't stand SGU but no one ever provided them. I guess this speaks for itself.
        There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
        sigpic
        awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by McgillionFan View Post
          I'm sorry to say but it's going to change nothing.SGU = fail and was a mistake. But that is MY opinion.
          Well no... it's not your opinion. It's a ridiculous and pathetic statement. YOUR opinion would be that Stargate Universe is not very entertaining, and that's fine. But, given how SGU is faring and enjoyed by a LOT of members, it clearly isn't a mistake. It's just not your cup of tea.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
            Well no... it's not your opinion. It's a ridiculous and pathetic statement. YOUR opinion would be that Stargate Universe is not very entertaining, and that's fine. But, given how SGU is faring and enjoyed by a LOT of members, it clearly isn't a mistake. It's just not your cup of tea.
            Its quite similar to what JF said, he said something along the lines of "it will be interesting to look back in a few years and see if cancelling Atlantis and making SGU was a mistake, at the moment its not looking like a smart choice".

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post
              Yeah. Basically he said that he has some issues but likes the show in general. That's hardly "hating it" as it's been relayed on the forum. The interview is definitely more toned-down and less critical of SGU that the ones about SG-1 he'd done after having left the show after season 5; and as we all know he came back as a full cast member even after those so I really don't think that such interviews have any bearing on whether the actors are hired or not. Show-biz, eh?

I haven't heard of RDA being critical of SGU. Anyone has any links/quotes?

As for JF, the only thing I heard was what's already been said here, about him not having seen it yet and his young children not liking it. Again, it's hardly "hate" or "bad-mouthing". I asked once for links/exact quotes on another thread in which folks kept insisting he can't stand SGU but no one ever provided them. I guess this speaks for itself.
              WOW. Didn't know he said that about SG-1. What did he say about Ark of Truth?

As for RDA no quotes or links. He said he heard it second hand.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                WOW. Didn't know he said that about SG-1. What did he say about Ark of Truth?
                It was a long time ago.

As for AOT I can't help you, sorry. I have no idea. I stopped reading cast's interviews sometime in season 10.

As for RDA no quotes or links. He said he heard it second hand.
                I know, I thought maybe someone else knows something
                There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                sigpic
                awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Got a new respect for Ben Browder, he said he would be willing to guest star on SGU at any point and called it a "cool show" (Said this during a guest talk he did last Saturday at the London Film & Comic Con).

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                    Comic con spoilers I'm not there but people are tweeting about it
                    Spoiler:
                    Robert picardo and David Hewlett are going to make appearances this season.
                    Hey, those were my exact predictions!!

Now, if only I'd actually told anyone that prior to the announcement, I'd have looked really smart right now.
                    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Yeah, Mckay and Woolsey, such a surprise! *NOT*

Not enough to coax me back to even one episode unfortunately.

Comment

Heck, Cliff Simon said at Gatecon that he found the SGU pilot "boring" - it's just another personal opinion, not everybody loves the show just because they are associated with the franchise somehow. Don't know why everybody singles out JF all the time. I've read reports of less than praising remarks by at least 3 of the SG1 actors and most of the SGA peeps, but I bet most of them would still be up for a role on the show - it's pretty much just a job for them, I'd think.

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                          Joe Flanigan has never bath mouthed the writers or SGU... the only comment he ever made about SGU was that his kids found it boring...

I haven't found anything either.

“If Universe is successful, the prevailing theory among the writers and producers will be that actors are dispensible and not a critical part of the show,” he said. “Only time will tell.” Joe Flannigan

This implies...to some degree that salaries might have been an issue.

Comment

If you were at the SGU Comic Con panel – or followed the fallout on twitter – you by now already know the identity of the two Stargate: Atlantis vets who will be putting in an appearance on Stargate: Universe. Yes, it’s true. Robert Picardo and David Hewlett will be reprising their roles as Richard Woolsey and Dr. Rodney McKay for a late season two episode titled Seizure. As for who is experiencing the seizure and/or what is being seized – stay tuned!
                            http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...f-the-mailbag/
                            sigpic
                            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/0...appear-on-sgu/

David Hewlett and Robert Picardo will be the Atlantis residents to appear, according to reports out of the convention hall.
                              YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'runs around screaming for hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Tanith0709 View Post
                                Got a new respect for Ben Browder, he said he would be willing to guest star on SGU at any point and called it a "cool show" (Said this during a guest talk he did last Saturday at the London Film & Comic Con).
                                Nice to hear that, the man is class.

Comment

Working...
                                X