This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Selene1212 View Post
    Please don't quote me incorrectly. The only part of the above quote thats mine is:
    Actually I did not quote you incorrectly, the quote box under your quote shows my comment. It's the quote coding thats being a pain, I just went back and tried to edit it so it has your quote, my response followed by the second quote I wanted to show which was made by another poster but no matter what I do it still insists on wrapping the whole thing in one big quote box instead of two individual quotes as it shows prior to editing.

Sorry I have no idea how to make it comply but I'm sure people will figure out which part of the quote is yours. I added my username in front of my comment so that should help.

Comment

Thank you. I do not know the answer to your question though.

Comment

Originally posted by gottaluvit View Post
        The humor of SGA just cannot work on SGU and the darkness of SGU would seem out of place in SGA's characters.
        I'm curious, did you watch eps like...

Before I Sleep
        Letter's from Pegasus
        The Seige
        Sateda
        Sunday
        The Last Man
        Adrift
        First Strike
        Lifeline
        Miller's Crossing
        This Mortal Coil
        The Shrine
        The Kindred

I did not laugh during those eps. Unless it was humorous seeing characters killed or dying,or being left behind, or dealing with personal issues and whatnot.

I think the SGA characters will be more than fine for SGU. Take my word for it.
        sigpic

Comment

I did not laugh during those eps. Unless it was humorous seeing characters killed or dying,or being left behind, or dealing with personal issues and whatnot.
          Remember when Shep fed that guy to the Wraith? ELL OH ELL THAT WAS HILARIOUS!
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
            yeah! If only SGU was as funny as Atlantis!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
              I'm curious, did you watch eps like...

Before I Sleep
              Letter's from Pegasus
              The Seige
              Sateda
              Sunday
              The Last Man
              Adrift
              First Strike
              Lifeline
              Miller's Crossing
              This Mortal Coil
              The Shrine
              The Kindred

I think the SGA characters will be more than fine for SGU. Take my word for it.
              And in just about everyone of those episodes there were humorous moments, whether it be the banter between Mckay and Shepperd or merely Mckay expressing his fears or distaste. When there wasn't humor the show had moments of good team work/freindship to lighten the darkness. Sure there were serious and/or dark times but the tone was lightened by many things that SGU does not have.

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
                yeah! If only SGU was as funny as Atlantis!
                I know! I keep waiting for Greer to go on a killing spree, but it doesn't happen!
                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

Comment

Ahh yes, the episode in which Sheppard was willing to do the unthinkable to aide his friend, go back and watch, you will even find some lighter moments in that show even though it had dark overtones.

Comment

Ahh yes, the episode in which Sheppard was willing to do the unthinkable to aide his friend, go back and watch, you will even find some lighter moments in that show even though it had dark overtones.
                    Dude, of course it has lighter moments. I don't even need to rewatch to remember, say, a bunch of McKay/Jeanine moments being somewhat comedic and sibling banter-y. My previous post was... wait for it... sarcasm.

Comment

Dude, of course it has lighter moments. I don't even need to rewatch to remember, say, a bunch of McKay/Jeanine moments being somewhat comedic and sibling banter-y. My previous post was... wait for it... sarcasm.
                      Ahh sarcasm, the cheapest form of wit. I figured you were old enough figure out what i was saying but I wasn't sure if you'd chewed too many crayons up today (those artificial colors can really mess with ones head.).

And so not a Dude. At least not the last time I checked. lol

And see..you've made me cheap too!
                      Last edited by gottaluvit; 18 July 2010, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Ahh sarcasm, the cheapest form of wit. I figured you were old enough figure out what i was saying but I wasn't sure if you'd chewed too many crayons up today (those artificial colors can really mess with ones head.).
                        I believe the full quote is 'Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit but the highest form of intelligence.' It's attributed to Oscar Wilde, who would know.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                          I believe the full quote is 'Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit but the highest form of intelligence.' It's attributed to Oscar Wilde, who would know.
                          Yep, I'm aware of the man's words. I just don't happen to agree with him.

Comment

Eli is funny....

Comment

LOL, yeah right now Sheppard is looking like one of the darkest characters out of all 3 series, maybe Young can learn a few tips from Sheppard if he guest stars on SGU.

In those eps, not really. A lot of them ended in a very dark matter. But look at SGU with Eli. He is the comic relief character.

Originally posted by Selene1212 View Post
                              Eli is funny....
                              He is what they call the comic relief character and he does it very well.
                              sigpic

Comment

I would say SGU has humor but its a different form (except Eli) then the kind we got in SGA. Its more subtle.
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X