This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's the one I'm watching....
    But betcha they screw up the McKay character...at best it should be some nice fireworks between Mckay and Rush. Lets see how Rush handles another genius seeing as he didn't handle Eli very well....

But why so long!!
    Obviously Mckay should have been their DAY ONE!!!
    And I'm not a Rodney fan...and I know that.

right now they need Sheppard in there to take the Destiny back....(talk about the right people at the right time)

Comment

The appearance of David Hewlett really is no surprise. He was pretty much a dead give away for being one of the Atlantis cast to be on the show.

But Robert Picardo? I'm much more interested in seeing him! I love his character.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
        I haven't found anything either.

“If Universe is successful, the prevailing theory among the writers and producers will be that actors are dispensible and not a critical part of the show,” he said. “Only time will tell.” Joe Flannigan

This implies...to some degree that salaries might have been an issue.
        Well, he's not wrong. Actors are dispensible.

Comment

Ok, does anyone else think it is a bit of a "cheat" that the 2 "SGA Actors" are actually characters that have existed since SG1? I mean, I like both of the characters and the actors and i'm not adverse to seeing them in SGU, but I'd hardly say they are "pure SGA" actors.
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
            Ok, does anyone else think it is a bit of a "cheat" that the 2 "SGA Actors" are actually characters that have existed since SG1? I mean, I like both of the characters and the actors and i'm not adverse to seeing them in SGU, but I'd hardly say they are "pure SGA" actors.
            Yeah, it's not as if McKay didn't appear in every single episode of Atlantis too... I think the majority rules for both of these kids, and they'll bill them as SGA characters because they're, you know, main cast members of SGA.
            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
              Yeah, it's not as if McKay didn't appear in every single episode of Atlantis too... I think the majority rules for both of these kids, and they'll bill them as SGA characters because they're, you know, main cast members of SGA.
              Ya know, I do realise that both spent more time on-screen on SGA than SG1. My only point was that they have existed since before SGA. I was hoping for an actual SGA only character (such as Carson or Zelenka)
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I love it personally I would have found it more great if Joe flannigan was in it but u never know maybe in season three
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lucylee View Post
                  Heck, Cliff Simon said at Gatecon that he found the SGU pilot "boring" - it's just another personal opinion, not everybody loves the show just because they are associated with the franchise somehow. Don't know why everybody singles out JF all the time. I've read reports of less than praising remarks by at least 3 of the SG1 actors and most of the SGA peeps, but I bet most of them would still be up for a role on the show - it's pretty much just a job for them, I'd think.
                  Find it kind of sad that some actors don´t want to support a franchise that made them known for a lager audience. At least they can keep their comments more general. It´s not new that JF and other SGA actors still angry about the cancellation. I find the "new" division between the franchises boring and annoying. Every chapter has something different to offer, nobody has to like this or that. But snide remarks are not helping anyone. Non of the SGU people can´t held responsible for some bad TPTB decisions. I longing for old times where SG1 and SGA had a much more positive collaboration and (almost) everyone was happy to going back and forth.
                  The fans who complain about every single decision in regard of Universe, crossovers whatever, are not better. It´s a fine line between constructive criticism and destructive negativity all the time.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
                    Find it kind of sad that some actors don´t want to support a franchise that made them known for a lager audience. At least they can keep their comments more general. It´s not new that JF and other SGA actors still angry about the cancellation. I find the "new" division between the franchises boring and annoying. Every chapter has something different to offer, nobody has to like this or that. But snide remarks are not helping anyone. Non of the SGU people can´t held responsible for some bad TPTB decisions. I longing for old times where SG1 and SGA had a much more positive collaboration and (almost) everyone was happy to going back and forth.
                    The fans who complain about every single decision in regard of Universe, crossovers whatever, are not better. It´s a fine line between constructive criticism and destructive negativity all the time.
                    They are just being honest to their fans, I don't see why they would show phony support for the franchise when it was the creators who got their show canned, you expect your shows creators/producers to fight for your show not help it get cancelled and set up a new job for themselves.

They feel betrayed and have every right to feel that way.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                      Well, he's not wrong. Actors are dispensible.
                      Only if you don't appreciate good actors.

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
                        They are just being honest to their fans, I don't see why they would show phony support for the franchise when it was the creators who got their show canned, you expect your shows creators/producers to fight for your show not help it get cancelled and set up a new job for themselves.

They feel betrayed and have every right to feel that way.
                        Joe Mallozzi and Paul Mullie were show runners of Atlantis in the last two season, not Brad Wright and Rob Cooper. Joe and Paul wanted a 6th season, and would have had nothing to do with the pitch for SGU.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                          Only if you don't appreciate good actors.
                          You can replace good actors with other good actors.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                            You can replace good actors with other good actors.
                            And we know those are extremely plentiful.

Comment

Of the calibre the franchise has been used to prior to SGU? I'd say so. I mean look as BSG, half of their main cast is made up of glorified SG-1 extras.

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                                So you don't think the producers will be mad with him or not write him into the show because of this.
                                There have been several times where the cast and crew have said they didn't like a certain episode or plotline. it's not gonna make much difference.
                                || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Working...
                                X