Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now think about it...with this kinda fire power you don't need friends but you'll certainly have them and those will likely be the smaller nations that know better to go up against this tech and who would gain by making nice than stiring it up...

I can imagine a dictator getting control of Russia or the US and throwing his weight around. Get rid of the IOA, and establish an empire...it would certainly be the best time to do it and reveal the stargate program.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
      Not my country.
      But we are talking the technology of the ancients behind Russia and America aand as we know Britain lays down to just about everything America says. With Frances tendency to avoid armed conflict I don't yet see the "resistance" making much of a difference against asgard beams and naquada enhanced nukes. Economic sactions wouldn't work either when you have access to the resources of many worlds and Space Ships to get you to others.
      Houston is in the US isn’t it? Anyway it’s beside the point really, the UK does not simply role over every time the US calls. It works both ways. And if the US starts pushing out countries it doesn’t like then the other countries like Russia and the UK will be very against this, not because of any love for China but because they will ask, who’s next. If the US decides to arbitrate who gets access to the Stargate program then after they push out China, whose to say they wont turn round and decide other countries cant be allowed in the stargate program as well. And how do you suppose to use alien technology against China, level a few cities with some Asgard beams? Hell why not drop a naqadriah enhanced nuke on them and sought all of China out if you are going to be that arrogant? I’m sure that can go down a treat with the world community, “we saved the galaxy form oppression now fall in line or we will wipe your cities out with advanced technology,” sounds familiar doesn’t it?

Comment

China in this argument has little influence. Russia is the only nation that needs to be in any talks with the US. One demostration from Russia or America will silence the PRC far more effectively then any nuclear weapon.

Frankly there is not much to the fight.
        China and the rest of the nations shouldn't over step their bounds.
        There role in the gate program is strictly permissible not a necessity.
        An you still continue to ignore the fact that China has a 304s. Althrough American may still out number it, it would only take a single strike by the 304 wipe out most of North America.

An China would most likely be able to construct many more 304s far quicker than the US would be able to do, thanks to the fact that it can actually afford to build them whiles America is sitting on a 1 trillion dollar debt.

US cannot even afford to run there Stargate Program alone, an you want them to declare war on the rest of the planet. Good luck with that one.

Comment

How could not?
          They all tend to cry unfair over the littlest thing but notice who controls the gate. THe superpowers and the US has Two of them.
          They cry because the American makes promises in treaties an then break them.
          Like the transfere of technology, which American fails to keep to.
          Like agreeing to Russian troops operate out of the SGC.

America should not signed up to deals it does not intend to keep.
          No wonder other countries get pissed at American, An the Russians an Chinese use under hand tactics to get what they want. It because when they do things by the book, America always break the rules it agree to.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
            And in Universe, I don't really understand either, considering that all of the personnel are Americans (save Rush).
            We don't know for sure that Rush isn't American. That is, he might be an immigrant. While it may seem unlikely for an immigrant to have such access to the highly secretive, important, and presumably American Icarus Project- consider examples like Henry Kissinger the Secretary of State for Nixon.

Originally posted by Arturis View Post
            There are several reasons why they aren't needed anymore:
            • Atlantis is on Earth (As far as we know)
            • No big bad (Goa'uld, Ori, etc) = no need for extra funding
            • The annoyance they cause to the Air Force

There is still the Lucian Alliance, we were at war with them when SG-1 ended. Judging by what we've seen so far they're still armed and hostile towards Earth.

Comment

Not my country.
              But we are talking the technology of the ancients behind Russia and America aand as we know Britain lays down to just about everything America says. With Frances tendency to avoid armed conflict I don't yet see the "resistance" making much of a difference against asgard beams and naquada enhanced nukes. Economic sactions wouldn't work either when you have access to the resources of many worlds and Space Ships to get you to others.
              There is a certain arrogance to the belief that America, in the SG universe, rules the world... they only have the power because the other nations let them. The Stargate that is currently on Earth is not even America's, it is Russia's. China has 304's and Russia also has it's on ships.

By this you could also surmise that many other nations also have ship either in the works, or finished. Now, when you consider this and the idea that the US could pull the power of the IOA - it'd be ridiculous because it could spark a war, one that the US is no guaranteed to win.

Furthermore the world is potentially in danger from the Lucian Alliance who seem to be flexing their muscles, it'd be a stupid decision for the US to assume full control of the Stargate program.

Not to mention another reality that is being ignored here.... the US cannot afford to run the Stargate program, all of its ships and its bases without international financial support and personnel.

The US needs the international support. The End. They are not the sole rulers, or the dictators of the world.
              Last edited by Deevil; 09 December 2009, 06:16 PM.
              Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

america will get an epic round-the-world asskick if they take the stargate for their own. i think not even american citizens will like that.

besides, that programm is so damn expensive.... it's grown massively, this isnt the 25, million-dollar-a-piece SG teams in a secret base. this is a secret base, intergalactic fleet, alien research centre, ship building programme, arctic research centre, and the atlantean expedition.

it's so expansive, it's terribly expensive and i doubt any american citizen would want to pay for all that.

the Chinese do not even NEED their 304. all they need is a stolen tel'tak and a naquahdah-enhanced bomb onboard. could probably wipe, say, new york from all charts. all that's left - just a water-filled crater.

Comment

^ If Russia launches its entire arsenal of nukes the yanks would be lucky to even intercept a quarter of those.

This thread has a couple of ignorant yanks that know nothing about what happens outside there countries border.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemises View Post
                    ^ If Russia launches its entire arsenal of nukes the yanks would be lucky to even intercept a quarter of those.

This thread has a couple of ignorant yanks that know nothing about what happens outside there countries border.
                    In the Stargate world, the 304s could very easily just beam said nukes back into their silos, into orbit, or even into Red Square. So launching a nuclear attack against the United States would be a big mistake.

In the real world, I think you're underestimating America's interception capabilities. But even if you're not, no one would be idiotic enough to do that, as the US would just fire back with its own nukes and that would be the end of mankind.
                    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by TrueAncient View Post
                      Theres one major flaw in your little plan. you think the rest of the world will let them keep the stargate for them self? i don't think so. the rest of the world will bomb the *&%$ out of the US and will loose. America cannot stand upto every nation
                      Actually, since the U.S. has the only functional 304s they could bombard the other IOA countries from orbit or unleash the Prior plague into these countries and only give them the antigen if they relent. Use of conventional (read: archaic) weapons by other countries would be pointless. Any missiles could be intercepted in-flight and beamed away with no problem. I could only imagine what the new Asgard weaponry could do to an Earth city, especially compared to what we've seen the Goa'uld weaponry to achieve when bombarding a city from orbit. The point is no other country could stand up to the in-universe U.S. because (I would bet) that none of the new Asgard technology (the stuff from "Unending") has been shared. I'm not taking a side here, but there no way the in-universe U.S. even take a single hit from any of the IOA member countries. Also, there's no way they could prove the existence of the stargate even if the blabbed to rest of the world. Besides, Russia and the U.S. seem to be pretty agreeable about most things, Britain does as they're told, France avoids armed conflict, and China could be dealt with very easily if they started an armed conflict (see: Prior plague). Keep in mind this is within the bounds of the fiction. I in no advocate any armed conflict or real world hostility between any countries.
                      Last edited by Arturis; 10 December 2009, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                        In the Stargate world, the 304s could very easily just beam said nukes back into their silos, into orbit, or even into Red Square. So launching a nuclear attack against the United States would be a big mistake.

In the real world, I think you're underestimating America's interception capabilities. But even if you're not, no one would be idiotic enough to do that, as the US would just fire back with its own nukes and that would be the end of mankind.
                        Beaming 10k nukes is no easy task and in the real world usa has no chance of stopping all the nukes. Yes they would fire back but thats besides the point as some people here were claiming that usa was invincible.

Need i say the russians and chinese also have a 304 in the stargate worlds

Comment

Beaming 10k nukes is no easy task and in the real world usa has no chance of stopping all the nukes. Yes they would fire back but thats besides the point as some people here were claiming that usa was invincible.

The Chinese have 1. We have 4 304s. The only Russian 304 blew up.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

The Russian DSC-304 was destroyed, and the Chinese one was fading fast last time we saw it.
                            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Doesn't mean the chinese one will always be damaged

If the world wanted to destroy usa they would...so stop deluding yourselves. You're having a hard time catching them terrorists hiding in mountains with your "highly sophisticated weapons" and not to mention those satellites in orbit which can zoom into a person reading a newspaper in a park

Comment

Doesn't mean the chinese one will always be damaged

If the world wanted to destroy usa they would...so stop deluding yourselves. You're having a hard time catching them terrorists hiding in mountains with your "highly sophisticated weapons" and not to mention those satellites in orbit which can zoom into a person reading a newspaper in a park
                                The topic of this thread is not "why America sucks," so can we quit with the bashing of my country, please? Not that I think the United States is the "be all, end all" of nations, but I don't see any other countries able to fight radical Islamic terrorism any better than we are, so please, enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X