X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
    Which one?
    It's a few years since I saw SC2, even longer since Flubber.

What do y'all think the timing on the webisodes will be, given that there's 30 of them? As they are in Kino-vision, that says pretty clearly that they won't be starting until after the Premier. Will it be one per week, with the 'extras' spaced out over hiatus gaps? It would be nice to have a little something to fill in the empty periods.
    I'm leaning towards your suggestion. It would be brilliant to have a little something to fill in during the hiatus.

Also, I meant Flubber
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tawny View Post
      I'm leaning towards your suggestion. It would be brilliant to have a little something to fill in during the hiatus.

Also, I meant Flubber
      Yep, but it had better be regular through the on-weeks as well, to take advantage of the opportunity to show reactions to the aftermath of the episode.
      Imagine if they'd done something like this with Atlantis or SG-1, where we got to see short funny clips of characters recovering in the infirmary or rebuilding broken bits of atlantis or coming to terms with the fallout of whatever went wrong... well they missed their chance so let's hope they use this opportunity to add something special to SG:U. And to keep us from chewing off our nails and falling off the edge of our seats during the hiatus.

Yeah, it's been a loooooooong time since I saw Flubber, fortunately I only need to see a movie once to remember it pretty well
      "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
      Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
      Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
      Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
      Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Yeah, it would be pretty damn funny to see Zelenka or someone ranting in Czech whilst replacing broken power conduits or something,
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, it would be pretty damn funny to see Zelenka or someone ranting in Czech whilst replacing broken power conduits or something,
          Yeah, that would have been nice. But there's no point in wondering about what could have been. Let's hope that what they do for SG:U is as good as what we wish they could have done for past shows
          "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.

Comment

Imagine if they'd done something like this with Atlantis or SG-1, where we got to see short funny clips of characters recovering in the infirmary or rebuilding broken bits of atlantis or coming to terms with the fallout of whatever went wrong... well they missed their chance so let's hope they use this opportunity to add something special to SG:U. And to keep us from chewing off our nails and falling off the edge of our seats during the hiatus.
            I'm suddenly very happy and very sad at the same time.

Happy because of the awesomeness of this idea when applied to SGU.

Sad because of the waste opportunity with SGA and how much webisodes could've added to it.

Comment

Yeah, that would have been nice. But there's no point in wondering about what could have been. Let's hope that what they do for SG:U is as good as what we wish they could have done for past shows
              Yeah. I really hope we get to see some of the more "Background" characters in some episodes/webisodes, and that they are fleshed out during them, not just mentioned, then never heard from again.
              sigpic

Comment

@PG15 It's bittersweet.
                @Tawny Getting to see some random little personal details would be okay. After all, they're still secondary characters. But it shouldn't be too hard to shoot a few extra Kino scenes after they are finished with their small role as a minor characters, which can be shown as webisodes at some later point to spread out their appearances.

Comment

But these aren’t just deleted scenes (which SCI FI briefly toyed with for Stargate SG-1 several years ago), or a stand-alone miniseries (such as Battlestar Galactica’s well-received series “The Resistance” and “The Face of the Enemy”). Instead, the webisodes will tie directly into the episodes seen on screen.
                  http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/0...-in-the-works/

Interesting!

Comment

I hope they will put them on DVD too. I wish they could make the new DVD movies instead of these webisodes.
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Maybe I missed something, or watched the wrong ones, but I have found "webisodes" to be the lamest of marketing in their implementation. I think it was one of the BSG ones I saw and thought it was nothing more than a promo. Yet they were supposedly to be telling a story? Interesting concept thus far poorly executed. I think they really need to be around 3-5 minutes and integrated properly into the series.

Comment

Originally posted by SBN View Post
                        Maybe I missed something...
                        That explains it. you watched the wrong ones. If you want to know what the SGU webisodes are like, base your opinions off the SGU webisodes, not the BSG ones.

Comment

I wonder if the writers will ever need to use the Ancient Storytelling Handheld Plothole Device.
                          Would a Ancient "Storytelling Handheld Interactive Plothole" Device not be more appropriate? Then you can abbreviate it to the Ancient SHIP Device.

Not that we need a special piece of technology to do that, o'course.
                          Captain Untouchable
                          Captain's Blog

Comment

That is a better acronym, but it doesn't work so well as a Portal ripoff

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              Your both wrong. Nothing fixes a hull breech like a mixture of Dr. Pepper and RC cola
                              *eyes widen*

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                              Robert Carlyle cola?
                              *jaw drops*

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              I suppose that would make Lahela thristy but no RC cola is a real brand
                              *gets thirsty*

What? That implies some form of twisted fizzy drink with his... "bodily fluids" slipped into the ingredients in small print.
                              *swoons a little*

Quick, someone post a sign denying Lahela entrance into this thread!
                              [edit]I'm going to believe you're talking about sweat.
                              Too late!

Edit: Curse you people! I went back to read the rest of the thread but all I can think about is RC Cola!

On topic... I hope they are viewable in countries where we poor sods don't get SGU on telly.
                              Last edited by Lahela; 11 August 2009, 03:31 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Noooo, we have been discovered! Mayday, Mayday!
                                On topic... I hope they are viewable in countries where we poor sods don't get SGU on telly.
                                I plead the fifth.

Comment

Working...
                                X