X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
    Product placement?
    "If only we'd brought some Pepsi..."

No, just... no. they'll probably stick in short ads like on the photosynths.
    There were ads in the photosynths... Wait you mean the vid or the actual tour.

Also I looked up the word voyeristic and the dictionary says it means to watch or spy on other people engageing in sexual acts.... Do you guys think Brad meant it in that sense. I mean he did say it would be a look at everyday life on the destiny and that the kino would be spying on people.

Hah pepsi. Macgruber.... Nice recall!!
    sigpic

Comment

The photosynth ads were when changing between synths.
      I'm pretty sure that he meant "Spying on people seeing stuff we normally wouldn't see on the show, like 'unguarded' moments, and some character bits that would generally get cut out of episodes due to time constraints, but he didn't mean it in the sexual sense. I bet even now he's thinking "Maybe I should have used a different word, because the fans are going to misinterpret that."
      "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
      Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
      Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
      Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
      Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

The photosynth ads were when changing between synths.
        I'm pretty sure that he meant "Spying on people seeing stuff we normally wouldn't see on the show, like 'unguarded' moments, and some character bits that would generally get cut out of episodes due to time constraints, but he didn't mean it in the sexual sense. I bet even now he's thinking "Maybe I should have used a different word, because the fans are going to misinterpret that."
        Stargate fans misinterpreting something and potentially blowing things out of proportion? NEVER!

Also, I want to see Eli growing some alien pot in secret - and the Kino spying on him. Because sex and (alternative) rock just aren't the same without the drugs...

Comment

Damn it all to hell with the double posts! AHH!

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
            Stargate fans misinterpreting something and potentially blowing things out of proportion? NEVER!

Also, I want to see Eli growing some alien pot in secret - and the Kino spying on him. Because sex and (alternative) rock just aren't the same without the drugs...
            This. I'd imagine there's only so long you can be stranded aboard an ancient vessel before you want to experience a good couple of things before you die. Hell, I'd be using the hydroponics labs to grow some, or move one of the devices to my quarters and do it there
            sigpic

Comment

In that situation, hydroponics isn't what I'd be sneaking into my quarters to 'do it there'. ;-)
              "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.

Comment

In that situation, hydroponics isn't what I'd be sneaking into my quarters to 'do it there'. ;-)
                And which opposite sex crew member would that be?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tawny View Post
                  And which opposite sex crew members would that be?
                  Fix'd. But getting back to reality, I wonder what we'll actually be seeing in these 'webisodes'.
                  Crewmembers talking about others behind their backs? The scientifically inclined people tinkering with some Ancient device no one understands? Someone writing a poem about their plight? People trying to amuse themselves with games or songs? Daydreaming out loud about what they miss from Earth?

I title it: Overheard on the Destiny.

Comment

I am going to make a few assumptions;

A - BW knows what the exact meaning of the word 'voyeuristic' means as per the definition given a few posts up.

B - Little old Kino loves Chloe just as much as I do.

C - Therefore each webisode is going to be like a live feed of Big Brother.....Chloe style
                    sigpic

Comment

Fix'd. But getting back to reality, I wonder what we'll actually be seeing in these 'webisodes'.
                      Crewmembers talking about others behind their backs? The scientifically inclined people tinkering with some Ancient device no one understands? Someone writing a poem about their plight? People trying to amuse themselves with games or songs? Daydreaming out loud about what they miss from Earth?

Haha I like the idea of the games/songs, and maybe getting to see some of the more background characters like the scientists getting some screentime.
                      I think the talking behind peoples backs is a good one, though I think it'd have to be based on current discord between characters in the show itself, or if you didn't watch the webisodes, you wouldn't have a clue.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tawny View Post
                        Haha I like the idea of the games/songs, and maybe getting to see some of the more background characters like the scientists getting some screentime.
                        I think the talking behind peoples backs is a good one, though I think it'd have to be based on current discord between characters in the show itself, or if you didn't watch the webisodes, you wouldn't have a clue.
                        Agreed, it would need to stay in context. It would indeed be fun to get a closer look at some of the background characters.
                        Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                        Kino loves Chloe
                        Gutter? My mind is WAY beyond the gutter.

Comment

Oh my...

So when this whole "focus on the characters" stuff first came out, I realized that this meant we could have some "meaningless banter" between characters that does nothing except to show us what each character may like; and I mean completely meaningless; like Eli going up to Scotty and they start talking about who the hottest TV anchorwomen was (it's Erica Hill, by the way). Just, random stuff.

This Kino thing...it could be where these convos can happen! Oh, and I also wanted to see people hum or sing random songs because they're bored. THAT COULD BE IN THERE TOO!!

WOOHOO!!! THIS IS AWESOME.

And, and, and one of them can start treating the Kino as a pet, and start talking to it like if it were alive or something. I mean, this is...wow, this is like "anything goes" territory, in terms of what you can show, because it'll literally be "a moment in the life of..." kind of thing.

Haha, we could even have them getting caught picking their noses!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                            And, and, and one of them can start treating the Kino as a pet, and start talking to it like if it were alive or something.
                            I think that's called going insane Nah, I think it would be pretty cool if someone had a name for the kino etc..
                            sigpic

Comment

What PG15 said! Maybe not the nose picking though, but I think you've got the right idea

"Row row row your boat, gently down the stream..."
                              Last edited by Eternal Density; 10 August 2009, 08:00 PM. Reason: I can't spell stream. Urgo made me do it!

Comment

What PG15 said! Maybe not the nose picking though, but I think you've got the right idea

"Row row row your boat, gently down the stream..."
                                Oh, the SGU team are in trouble if Urgo is back.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X