This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    Except for the word "Stargate" in the logo.
    Names and design go hand in hand. The 'name' has a certain design that people identify with the brand. It's not there in the SGU logo.

I'm good with Stargate Universe as a title as well. I like it a lot and it will be appropriate based on the premise of the show.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Yeah...but it's Stargate. It says so in the title.

What kind of weird person would look at the style of the logo first (and right away decide what brand it is and stop analyzing it further) before reading the words?

Star Trek's had...4 different title "styles" (TOS, TNG, DS9/VOY, ENT), and of course there were a bunch for the movies. They didn't seem to have any problems.

Heck, Enterprise didn't even have "Star Trek" in the title at first. I don't think the general public is that stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
        Yeah...but it's Stargate. It says so in the title.
        So that makes whatever decision they make instantly the right one? Maybe in their eyes, the logo is perfect and exactly what they wanted in their re-imaging of the franchise.

To me, its too plain and veers too far away from the common style of the previous two show logos. Maybe that's their point. Maybe that's exactly what they wanted.

I don't have to like it. And I don't. And I've explained why.

What kind of weird person would look at the style of the logo first (and right away decide what brand it is and stop analyzing it further) before reading the words?
        Someone who works in a branding area of the entertainment industry?

Someone who works in a creative department?

Someone who doesn't like the logo and has the right to give an opinion as to why?
        sigpic
        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
          So that makes whatever decision they make instantly the right one? Maybe in their eyes, the logo is perfect and exactly what they wanted in their re-imaging of the franchise.

To me, its too plain and veers too far away from the common style of the previous two show logos. Maybe that's their point. Maybe that's exactly what they wanted.

I never said anything about how good/bad it was, nor about you and I liking it or not. I responded specifically to:

"I certainly hope they decide to change it. I'm fine with an edgier look, but not one that is so simple and different so as to not identify it as part of the Stargate franchise."

I chose to take that literal, in which case it confused me as to why anyone with a brain cell would not recognize that it's Stargate by the "Stargate" in the actual title. That's all there was. I mean, don't they read? Yes, the style is different; but then so was the style of the Star Trek TV show titles, to each other; it doesn't change the text.

If you didn't mean it literally, then nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post

Someone who works in a branding area of the entertainment industry?

Someone who works in a creative department?

Someone who doesn't like the logo and has the right to give an opinion as to why?
            What re-imagining?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
              What re-imagining?
              Stargate Begins.

Comment

Working...
              X