This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JamesRobbo9886 View Post
    indeed she did, but id imagin the moon would be to close to earth to have a stargate of its own if you know wat i mean
    yes but being so close to earth if they had a dhd they could super seed earth's gate

Comment

Originally posted by Apollo_Mechanic View Post
      yes but being so close to earth if they had a dhd they could super seed earth's gate
      They COULD, yes, but the SGC wouldn't allow them, as it would interfere with normal operations.

Comment

I don't mind the new logo. Its simple and cool in my opinion. Plus, its not the logo, its the show!

Also, I think I see desert camo uniforms.

- Why SciFi when you can have SciFun? -

Comment

It's probably a moon base somewhere in the galaxy and they detected the Galactica flying overhead.
          sigpic
          The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Originally posted by Apollo_Mechanic View Post

If Icarus is indeed a moonbase, I don't think its Earth's moon that it is located on.
            sigpic
            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Elitenova View Post
              It's probably a moon base somewhere in the galaxy and they detected the Galactica flying overhead.
              The timeline doesn't work, unfortunately.
              Everytime the Galactica crew were on a planet(which was VERY rare), I kept expecting SG-1 to come into camp. Especially in the Kobol episodes, in that forest...I was sure they'd run into SG-1, being chased by some Jaffa.

Comment

Speaking as someone doing a degree in Graphic Design i can quite honestly say the new logo is rubbish, the majority of people on my coarse at Uni could do much better.

The old logo is much nicer looking and yes more stargate-y. However I do understand they want to do something different with Universe and why they would not want that logo. That said though, it doesnt mean the new logo is any good just because it is different. If i were to type out SGU in helvetica it would be different to the old logo, i could do the same with comic sans or gill sans or rockwell bold etc. But they wouldn't be any good for SGU.

Different does not mean good. its that simple. different can be good or bad, in this case its bad. I think by trying to do something different they are on the right tracks, however they have made some seriously poor design decisions. The little circle between SG and U for instance is ugly.

Basically what i'm trying to say is, if the old logo is option A and the new one is option B then i would pick option C or D or E...... neither should be used imho.

As for the new patch... its obvously a feather over a sun. perhaps the base is a satellite orbiting a sun? perhaps rather than coming under attack the base's shield begin to fail and the gate is their only means of escape. it could explain why they end up on the destiny, we have seen the sun interfere with the workings of the gates before.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodmanbod View Post

As for the new patch... its obvously a feather over a sun. perhaps the base is a satellite orbiting a sun? perhaps rather than coming under attack the base's shield begin to fail and the gate is their only means of escape. it could explain why they end up on the destiny, we have seen the sun interfere with the workings of the gates before.
                  The base comes under attack.

Comment

and who says that the latest logo we saw is the ACTUAL logo they will use? They might go through a few more changes until they decide, and the first logo was just a logo to promote the show so i wasn't expecting that logo to be the one.
                    sigpic
                    Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

I think the only main difference is that Atlantis was cut off from earth for a year. universe, yes they will
                      Spoiler:
                      be in communication with earth in one of the first episodes via the ancient communication terminal/stones
                      they, possibly for the series run might never get back to earth, or if they do it will be at the end, but if they want to go darker and edgier, they won't get back.
                      sigpic
                      Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

Originally posted by GateTrek View Post
                        and who says that the latest logo we saw is the ACTUAL logo they will use?
                        I certainly hope they decide to change it. I'm fine with an edgier look, but not one that is so simple and different so as to not identify it as part of the Stargate franchise.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

I juat don't want to see patches/uniforms change anually on the Destiny...just get dirty and ripped. they have no way of giving uniforms to all of those on board after they flee Icarus base so their clothes need to reflect that. Unless they find a stash of clothing on Destiny... unlikely I admit.

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                            I certainly hope they decide to change it. I'm fine with an edgier look, but not one that is so simple and different so as to not identify it as part of the Stargate franchise.
                            Except for the word "Stargate" in the logo.

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
                              The new one just looks like crap. Seriously, it looks like something that took the designer 2 minutes to make.
                              Mhm. Making the SGU logo is easy -> write SG:U in selected font -> add b/w gradient over text -> add 1pt stroke. Done.

Originally posted by gkyun View Post
                              I'm still a bit peevish about TPTB naming the new show "Universe". It's still a lame title no matter how you're getting used to it IMO...
                              I have to say I don't really like the name of the new show either. I was kinda "Universe!? Really?"

Comment

What would you have preferred? The oh so cheesy Stargate: Destiny? Stargate:its a big ship we're stuck on? Stargate: life, the universe and everything?

No, Stargate Universe is fantastic to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X