X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They have this blog already

Comment

Originally posted by Apollo_Mechanic View Post
      carter did say at the end of stargate cont... that they were building a moon base?
      indeed she did, but id imagin the moon would be to close to earth to have a stargate of its own if you know wat i mean

Comment

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...bum=660&pos=31

its a picture of a ship over the moon. looks like that one fourm was right..........

sigpic
        Sig made by squirrely1
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
        *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Comment

Considering the name (Icarus), it's not a moon but a sun (with a feather over it).
          So say we all!

Comment

Originally posted by Gavatarman View Post
            http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...bum=660&pos=31

its a picture of a ship over the moon. looks like that one fourm was right..........
            Hot dang, we need a pair of glasses over here.
            It's a sun with a feather over it - you know? ICARUS?!

Comment

I think the new logo is a lot better. It feels more.....modern. It kinda reminds me of the Lost and Fringe tv logos.

Comment

I hate to add further mud to the waters, but I did a quick online search to link "Icarus" to the moon rather than the Sun. I found this...

http://the-moon.wikispaces.com/Icarus AND

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icarus_(crater))

Please note the neighbouring crater names!
                Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
                Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderbird 2 View Post
                  I hate to add further mud to the waters, but I did a quick online search to link "Icarus" to the moon rather than the Sun. I found this...

http://the-moon.wikispaces.com/Icarus AND

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icarus_(crater)
                  <Snipped by Moderator>
                  Do you even know what the myth of Icarus is all about? He was the son of Daedalus and flew too close to the sun, with wings of wax and feathers. The wax melted, Icarus died.
                  That's the patch. A sun with a wing over it.
                  Last edited by Bagpuss; 24 March 2009, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                    <Snipped by Moderator>
                    Do you even know what the myth of Icarus is all about? He was the son of Daedalus and flew too close to the sun, with wings of wax and feathers. The wax melted, Icarus died.
                    That's the patch. A sun with a wing over it.

Stargate has shown right from the start that its storytelling does not follow classic mythology literally. I just wanted to provide a bit of factual and interesting astronomical info that might or might not, have some relivence to what the writers are planning. (Shrugs shoulders).
                    Last edited by Bagpuss; 24 March 2009, 08:20 PM.
                    Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
                    Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderbird 2 View Post
                      Stargate has shown right from the start that its storytelling does not follow classic mythology literally. I just wanted to provide a bit of factual and interesting astronomical info that might or might not, have some relivence to what the writers are planning. (Shrugs shoulders).
                      Well, how 'bout we use some good old-fashioned logic, okay? It's a moon base. Why call it Icarus? You're thinking that, since there's a crater named Icarus, it makes sense...No, it doesn't. It's a moon base. They'd name it in relation to the moon. How about Artemis, a lunar deity? Huh? And if it's a moon base, the patch would have the moon, rather than the sun and a feather. Because that's what it clearly is. A SUN AND A FEATHER!

Comment

just a question noone ever asked:
                        WHO attacket them?
                        I mean: Goa'uld face extinction, replicators should finally be gone and the Lucian Alliace... I don't know...

And regarding to the name: Icarus is known for getting too close to the sun, the wax holding together the wings he flew with melted and he fell from the sky... think it killed him... not a really good name considering "nomen est omen"

Comment

Who's to say its not just a base on a random planet, called Icarus as it was deemed too brave of an expedition, to be done. Ala Icarus flying too close to the sun due to his over confidence in the skills?

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
                            Yeah, the old logo looked really good. It felt like Stargate.

The new one just looks like crap. Seriously, it looks like something that took the designer 2 minutes to make.

It's bland, it's ugly, it's boring.
                            here here
                            Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Some people could say the same about the logo for 'Lost' being plain, simple, and boring. It still doesn't change the fact that it is quite possibly the most popular tv show around at the minute. I think the new logo works for SGU. It gives Stargate a more modern look.

Comment

Originally posted by fire_phoenix View Post
                                just a question noone ever asked:
                                WHO attacket them?
                                I mean: Goa'uld face extinction, replicators should finally be gone and the Lucian Alliace... I don't know...

And regarding to the name: Icarus is known for getting too close to the sun, the wax holding together the wings he flew with melted and he fell from the sky... think it killed him... not a really good name considering "nomen est omen"
                                Yes, you're right. That's a question NO ONE ever asked before.
                                We don't know. Heck, maybe the Jaffa Nation attacks them because they're using a planet they think should be theirs or whatever.

And the name makes a lot of sense if they're using the sun's power.

Comment

Working...
                                X