This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
    the problem with the curvy logo is that it seems oceanic and gives the impression that the show is about underwater adventure, something like SeaQuest.
    Yeah, I completely agree. That would've fit the SGA logo...

Comment

the curvey one is too... USED.

Stargate Universe is not a replacement for SG1 or SGA so it shouldnt use the same crap. Hell if they went the curvy one you suggest people would say its too unoriginal.. I mean it is too unoriginal, its been used in SG1 and SGA. Its a different show, and the suggested on is too i dont know weak looking, while the one selected is pretty strong and solid. I think there would be more peopletuning in if they see the one selected over the one suggested. Hell the one suggessted kinda reminds me of a mix between Stargate and Charmed.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Ya I think they look similar too. When I was younger and didn't know the names of actors in movies and TV shows I watched I did think they were the same guy. I can tell the difference now though.
        sigpic
        Sig Courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by :Orion Coran: View Post
          Thank God I ain't the only one who thinks that...

*waits for someone who says it really isn't a big deal* xD
          It isn't really a big deal
          Tst

Comment

Originally posted by solid-snake56 View Post
            Doesn't look bad at all
            Last edited by TameFarrar; 22 March 2009, 12:27 AM.
            Tst

Comment

I like the new patch. Very Cool. Will love to see a pin or badge made of it and sold to the fans. Have pins for SG1 and Atlantis. So would love to add this one to my collection!!!
              MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
              MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
              POLARIS TORONTO 2007
              CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
              GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
              VCON VANCOUVER 2010
              FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

carter did say at the end of stargate cont... that they were building a moon base?

Comment

Originally posted by :Orion Coran: View Post
                  But the logo that was shown in the teaser kind of irked me...It looked too basic, etc.

Personally, I think they should have the logo look like this:
                  I agree with you 100%.

& your logo is cooler than theirs... nice work

Comment

Probably the logo shown in the trailer is a temporary one.

Just so that we would be fascinated as we see the real logo when the show airs.
                    Last edited by CSESL; 21 March 2009, 10:50 PM. Reason: wording change

Comment

The logo is just a logo! Its not going to have any effect on the show whatsoever! I personally love BOTH logo's so whatever they decide to use it OK with me. The first Purple one kinda kept with the theme of how Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis' logo was, but the new logo kinda tells me this isn't going to be the Stargate you first saw in 1997. LOVE both of them!
                      sigpic
                      Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                        Then why do you have it as your signiture?

I'll agree though that the first looks a lot more...mysterious, and mythical (due to the purple, I'd reckon). The second one is definitely more simplistic, but it's gotta cool "minimalist" feel to it, which would fit the show's premise. Overall, I like the first one more.

We'll see how things evolve from here on out, though.
                        I agree with what PG15 said. I like both logos. Yes, the newer logo is a little bit simplistic, but it has a more practical real world feel which I like. I really can't say which one fits the image of the show more until I actually get a feel for the show. Maybe the newer logo is a better fit for the show.

The Human Element is the element of change. It gives us our footing to stand fearlessly and face the future.
                        -Dow ad

Comment

Hi i'm kinda new here but i have been lurking around here for quite some time.

With the new promo coming out we got to see a glimpse of the new uniform with the patches and everything but the thing that cought my eye isen't the patch (even though it looked sweet) I noticed that they seems to go even more towards the Star Trek way.

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...bum=660&pos=27
                          http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...bum=660&pos=32

look on the colar of the uniforms... they are going to wear rank pins on there i think it's a cool touch compeared to SG-1 and Atlantis where i always thought that they should wear some kind of rank on the uniforms... what do you think about this?

Comment

I'm still a bit peevish about TPTB naming the new show "Universe". It's still a lame title no matter how you're getting used to it IMO...
                            "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

did anyone else notice the rank pin on the colar? i saw that both Young and LDP's character have the Colonel's eagle on there colar and i would bet that L.t Scott have a silver bar on his...

Comment

Ok what does everyone think about the new logo? I personally think its cheap and not to Stargates standards. But what do you think?

Comment

Working...
                                X