Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

non-stargate people are already comparing it to Law & Order logo.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
      non-stargate people are already comparing it to Law & Order logo.
      How in God's name does that work?

Comment

Since most of everyone is complaining about the logo and what not, I caught a little glimpse to the mission patch on their sleeves. Anybody got an uplose pic of it?
        sigpic
        The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Yes. It's "Icarus Base". That's the name of the base they're on. Exactly what the significance is, we don't know. Maybe the planet is drawing huge amounts of power from a nearby sun in order to power their experiments or something...

Comment

Originally posted by Elitenova View Post
            Anybody got an uplose pic of it?

So say we all!

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
              How in God's name does that work?
              maybe they meant special victim's unit.

sigpic

Comment

but its kinda similar to that:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
                  maybe they meant special victim's unit.

Again, what exactly is the resemblence? There's also a black and white logo, but apart from the white/silvery letters, there's no similarity. It's not the same font, it's not the same size...I really don't understand.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                    Again, what exactly is the resemblence? There's also a black and white logo, but apart from the white/silvery letters, there's no similarity. It's not the same font, it's not the same size...I really don't understand.
                    me neither. oh well.
                    sigpic

Comment

See this is why I like the purple curvy logo. The new one is too BSG/Star Trek enterprise/CSI/ its just too generic. The original was much nicer. I'l gladly take it, just give it a dark black glow if they fancy the dark image.
                      Just look at my take on it, in a quick five minute knock up. Looks much better than the plain chrome SG:U logo, while keeping the Stargate feel, yet giving it slightly dark edge.
                      Black logo
                      White Logo
                      Last edited by Automission; 21 March 2009, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Absolutely hated the new logo. The first one you link there would have been far better. It was a link back to the franchise in a trailer that didn't feel at ALL like Stargate to me. The logo was bland, not at all eye catching and like something that someone just threw together to get it done on time.

I think they're attempting to depart too much from the look and feel of the overall franchise and I think that's a big mistake.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Must be a pretty decent base to be 'patchworthy'

They must be doing some pretty cool stuff.....which probably explains why they were attacked.

BTW does anybody else think LDP looks like Benjamin Bratt??
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Automission View Post
                            See this is why I like the purple curvy logo. The new one is too BSG/Star Trek enterprise/CSI/ its just too generic. The original was much nicer. I'l gladly take it, just give it a dark black glow if they fancy the dark image.
                            Just look at my take on it, in a quick five minute knock up. Looks much better than the plain chrome SG:U logo, while keeping the Stargate feel, yet giving it slightly dark edge.
                            Black logo
                            White Logo
                            the problem with the curvy logo is that it seems oceanic and gives the impression that the show is about underwater adventure, something like SeaQuest.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                              Must be a pretty decent base to be 'patchworthy'

They must be doing some pretty cool stuff.....which probably explains why they were attacked.

BTW does anybody else think LDP looks like Benjamin Bratt??
                              Yes, I can see the resemblence.

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
                                Yeah, the old logo looked really good. It felt like Stargate.

The new one just looks like crap. Seriously, it looks like something that took the designer 2 minutes to make.

It's bland, it's ugly, it's boring.
                                Then why do you have it as your signiture?

I'll agree though that the first looks a lot more...mysterious, and mythical (due to the purple, I'd reckon). The second one is definitely more simplistic, but it's gotta cool "minimalist" feel to it, which would fit the show's premise. Overall, I like the first one more.

We'll see how things evolve from here on out, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X