X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will watch it Even tho i miss Atlantis

Comment

I was upset about the cancellation of SGA. But as you may have read. Have never taken it out on SGU.

I"m 100% percent behind the series, and have been since they started talking about the possibility of doing the series. And now that it is about to finally happen. I pounce on every bit of info that is published about the show and production!!!!

I plan on watching every episode of the series. And pray that it air on not only SCI-FI and The Canadian Movie Channels. But on SPACE here as well. And on stations around the world, so that EVERYONE can watch it first run. And not when it is in re-runs!!!!
      MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
      MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
      POLARIS TORONTO 2007
      CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
      GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
      VCON VANCOUVER 2010
      FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

A lot of the dislike is down to the cancellation of SG:A so they could make SG:U.... and the fact that the initial brief didn't sound like Stargate to a lot of people.

I freely admit i was one of those that got quite peeved when SG:U was greenlit and i was set on just watching the pilot 3-parter and leaving it at that, But the majority of my peeved-ness was down to the way TPTB miss-handled the whole fiasco.

Now.... after taking a deep breath (or two) and looking at the casting list as it was slowly announced... my mind is somewhat changed. I'm still somewhat wary of the whole premise and there are still plot points that i really don't like (Top of the list is the easy removing-a-character system they've written in with the fact that they can't go back for those left behind)... but i am starting to look forward to the show airing.....

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by ipfnd View Post
          I realize that this is not an in-depth discussion but right after they announced the new SGU I started reading the forum here "religiously" to get more info on it. I see many people, who obviously are SG fans, posting comments like, "I'm not going to watch the show because...." or "I'm still deciding if I'm going to watch it". Would it really be possible to not watch it??
          fandom is still pissed that SGA got canned in it's prime and replaced with a series not many fans are liking from the details that have been realsed thus far

i for one will watch SGU
          this has happened before and will happen again

Comment

I loved SG1 an enjoyed Atlantis. Like many people at the time is disagreed with the cancellation of Atlantis but quickly got over it. Dose that mean ill watch SGU, well yes and no. like any other new show that sounds interesting ill watch the pilot and 2 or 3 other episode to see what its like. if i like it ill continue to watch, if i dont ill stop watching. that dosent mean over the next fwe months i wont be her discussing it. the fact it has the word stargate in it dosent automatically make it a must see from start to finish, no questions asked.

Comment

{mod snip}
              But I honestly see no point in making such a fuss over something we still have no idea about.

I don't really like the concept. But I'll watch it.

Atlantis was different. I liked the concept. But most of the on screen action wastoo absurd, even for me (but being a fan, I watched i. Without complaining. Because it's Stargate and it could be so much worse)
              Last edited by KatG; 25 February 2009, 10:13 AM.
              += +lots of children
              Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller supporter!

Comment

I think we should all judge the show on its own and not blame one show for another.
                sigpic

Comment

I realize that this is not an in-depth discussion but right after they announced the new SGU I started reading the forum here "religiously" to get more info on it. I see many people, who obviously are SG fans, posting comments like, "I'm not going to watch the show because...." or "I'm still deciding if I'm going to watch it". Would it really be possible to not watch it??
                  there was indeed (i say indeed so much) a lot of anger over the death of atlantis but the main furore was caused by people missreading the early concept ideas for SGU and tagging it SG90210

thankfully once more finialised detailes of the show came out a lot of the naysayers have changed there tune to "in really exited about SGU"

in some shows the fan forums can carry a lot of weight with the show makers, there was potential for the outspoken naysayers to do the show a great deal of damage even before it has a chance to show itsself.

if a writer reads forums for his or her show and sees it getting torn to shreads it can have a real impact on the quality of there input (i know some makers of other shows (UK) ((i will not name them)) who were very upset over remarks made by fans on the shows forum and it very nearly made the individual call it a day on the thing)

Comment

You can be as upset as you want with the cancellation of SGA, but that's not going to bring back SGA or get rid of SGU. And yes, it's possible for people to not watch SGU. Just because it has Stargate in the title doesn't mean it's going to be good or people are going to watch it. I was upset with the way SGA ended but being upset won't bring it back and it won't cancel SGU, either. My feelings on the matter have no impact on what happens in reality. Having SGU is better than not having it. Even if I don't like it, I don't have to watch it, which is the same thing as not having it.

Canceling SGA and green lighting SGU > Canceling SGA and not green lighting SGU

Comment

Originally posted by toby1kanobi View Post
                      there was indeed (i say indeed so much) a lot of anger over the death of atlantis but the main furore was caused by people missreading the early concept ideas for SGU and tagging it SG90210

thankfully once more finialised detailes of the show came out a lot of the naysayers have changed there tune to "in really exited about SGU"

in some shows the fan forums can carry a lot of weight with the show makers, there was potential for the outspoken naysayers to do the show a great deal of damage even before it has a chance to show itsself.

if a writer reads forums for his or her show and sees it getting torn to shreads it can have a real impact on the quality of there input (i know some makers of other shows (UK) ((i will not name them)) who were very upset over remarks made by fans on the shows forum and it very nearly made the individual call it a day on the thing)

Unforuntly there are still some people on other sites that call it SG90210!!!
                      MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                      MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                      POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                      CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                      GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                      VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                      FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

I'm not planning to watch SGU, but I'm not one of those people that are angry at SGU because SGA was cancelled.

I was (and still am) head over heels for SG1, which is very high in my 'favorite shows' list. I'm in the process of buying the dvd boxsets, I have some novels and random fannish items (team patches, SGC badge).

I was a devoted fan of SGA for its first 2 seasons and a half, before the 'soft reset' failed to keep me entertained. Simply, SGA didn't have what I looked for in a show anymore.

It happens. I'm also a Trekkie, but I don't like all the series. *shrugs*

Comment

To each, they're own.

Some are upset at SGA cancellation so they're boycotting SGU.
                          Some think its going to be SG 90210.
                          Some don't like the concept of a more character-focused show (i.e another BSG)
                          Some are truly excited about it.

Everyone can do as they wish, though personally I believe most people will check out an episode of SGU at some point in time
                          sigpic

Comment

yeah well all the reasons to hate sgu are really bad resons..sgu has was pitched 2 years ago.not right before atlantis was cancelled.it was postponed because of atlantis and the sg1 movies.as for stargate 90 watevr..the casting has pretty much dispelled that rumor once and for all and it was never a valid issue to begin with.if people boycott sgu they are just dooming the stargate franchise to die prematurely.it wont bring back sga,sg1 as regualr tv shows.they will live on in movies as long as people continue to buy the dvds and watch the show.

Comment

I think its very possible not to watch the show.

I disliked SG1 but loved SGA. I dislike the concept of SGU and dont feel excited by any of the actors anounced. So no I will not be checking out SGU. I dont see why that should be a problem for anyone. After all im sure SGU will pick up its mainstream audience to make up for any comings and goings of fans like myself.

The question I've ask myself, is wether I would have at least watched the first few episodes if the cancelation had been handled better and the subsequent interviews..I have to say I probably would have.
                              sigpic
                              banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

I will watch SGU likely for the lulz and snarkery (SG is always fun to snark at) but if it turns out to be actually good, I won't get too attached, because ... Well you know how that turned out the last time.

Comment

Working...
                                X