This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
    I will watch SGU likely for the lulz and snarkery (SG is always fun to snark at) but if it turns out to be actually good, I won't get too attached, because ... Well you know how that turned out the last time.
    All good things must come to a end my friend
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      It's harder when it's death is long and drawn-out, though.

Comment

While condemning SGU before seeing it is quite silly. I find the idea that not watching it is some how impossible or incomprehensible is likewise silly. Some people are not motivated purely by franchise loyalty and there a plenty of reasons not to watch Universe. Not liking the concept of the show for example, or being dissatisfied with the quality of recent stargate productions.
        sigpic
        Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by toby1kanobi View Post
          there was indeed (i say indeed so much) a lot of anger over the death of atlantis but the main furore was caused by people missreading the early concept ideas for SGU and tagging it SG90210

thankfully once more finialised detailes of the show came out a lot of the naysayers have changed there tune to "in really exited about SGU"

in some shows the fan forums can carry a lot of weight with the show makers, there was potential for the outspoken naysayers to do the show a great deal of damage even before it has a chance to show itsself.

if a writer reads forums for his or her show and sees it getting torn to shreads it can have a real impact on the quality of there input (i know some makers of other shows (UK) ((i will not name them)) who were very upset over remarks made by fans on the shows forum and it very nearly made the individual call it a day on the thing)
          That maybe true for some shows. But I very much doubt anything the stargate people see on here or anywhere else will cause them to change the direction they want to go. Seriousley the whole Keller affair is a case in point. there were many unhappy posts here and on JM'S site and look what happened didly squat. they stuck with there vision, which is there right. Also with the new mission statement here I doubt you will see many negative comments so if they come here will they see a cross section of opinions, im not sure.
          sigpic
          banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

i don't get why everyone is just automatically hating it before it's even out. they make all these assumptions and read what they want to read instead of what is actually being said and come up with these insane conclusions imo

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
              Unforuntly there are still some people on other sites that call it SG90210!!!
              Well, to their credit, the original 90210 had a cast of actors in their 30s and 40s playing teenagers...so you never know. LOL.

Seriously, if someone is against it because of SGA it's their own prerogative. It's their decision and their loss if SGU turns out to be awesome. We cannot judge them and we shouldn't say it's wrong either. And while we may not understand their reasons, it's their reasons, right, wrong, or indifferent.

Stargate is similar to Star Trek with all its many spin offs. I enjoyed the original, loved TNG, disliked DS9, lost interest in Voyager, and pretty much hated Enterprise (okay, so it just ended badly...)

In the end, people need time to mourn their lost show. The cancellation has left such a bitter taste in some people's mouths that they are a little fed up. They may get over it in time for SGU, or they may not. There will be some fallout though, and some fans will likely give up on the Stargate franchise.
              sigpic

Happy Holidays!

Comment

I'll give it a try but can't say I'm excited by anything I've heard about it so far. It's just going to be ordinary humans stuck on a space ship. Will we be getting more than CGI cannon fodder of the week? So far, nothing I've read suggests that. I'm not expecting to be surprised by interesting alien characters with a real history and society.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by General Yogi Bear View Post
                  Yes the complaining about a show that hasn't even aired yet is getting a little old. But I can understand the anger. Atlantis had at least 2 more good seasons in it, maybe more. At the end of the day its all about making money so I can only assume that they would not have made a profit (MGM/SCI-FI) going for another season.
                  Oh they did, it was just not enough for the fat cats heading "Stupid Channel" (scifi channel) they were spoiled from the ratings of SG-1 (the ones they had after the show was really established) and the early ones of SGA....they still did earn pretty well (compared to other shows (scifi ones and normal ones broadcasted at the same time period) but they were not satisfied...so they looked for an alternative (something cheaper to produce, easier to sell and with larger margins to make more profit -.- that they might have killed the whole stargate franchise with this short sighted decisions they sure have not realized (i hope it comes crashing back at them...idiocy should not be rewarded but punished (if i had a painstick (Goa'uld one) from SG-1 i would use it on them, idiocy needs to be tortured out sometimes it seems (even more as they have done it twice now - SG-1 and SGA. Ha even more, they should be shot for being FOOLS! (Ba'al please come back and do with these "****ers" what you want to do with them!).....yes i hate people that do not think!

greetings LAX
                  ps: yes i am preaching that SGU will not be that good, but i know that i will watch at least the first episode (if it's good i will watch it further, but with good i mean really good this time, better then the first season of SGA (first one was bad IMHO))

Comment

Originally posted by gange57 View Post
                    I know. It's weird huh? People who don't accept everything simply because it has Stargate in the name. These people should obviously be tarred and feathered.

And mocked.

Endlessly.
                    They can like or not like it as they please. If you'd read my post, which I had to go back and do after four months, you'd see that it simply draws parallels between the early reactions to SGA leaks and SGU leaks. That's it.

I only mock those who can't be bothered to find out what's going on and would rather blather on with a flimsy statement like "I feel..." as a defense.
                    Forum insight in 1 click!

Comment

I wonder if i search hard enough, can i find these Boycott SGA threads? they might be fun to read... and see how many of them grew to support the show, and are doing to same thing over again with SGU.

I bet you a number of those people are still around here also.

Time to go dig

Comment

Originally posted by TheHomegaMan View Post
                        They can like or not like it as they please. If you'd read my post, which I had to go back and do after four months, you'd see that it simply draws parallels between the early reactions to SGA leaks and SGU leaks. That's it.

I only mock those who can't be bothered to find out what's going on and would rather blather on with a flimsy statement like "I feel..." as a defense.
                        That's great. But, my post was in regards to another post which was merged into your thread. No need to get defensive.

Comment

i second that but lets all hope if its successfull and that the end wont come 4 a long while.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nero_200 View Post
                            i second that but lets all hope if its successfull and that the end wont come 4 a long while.
                            Definatly. I hope SGU is successful so the Stargate franchise lives on but we all know the day will come when the Stargate franchise is no more.
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

didnt Q say that to Piccard

Comment

Originally posted by toby1kanobi View Post
                                didnt Q say that to Piccard
                                Yes but that saying is a lot older then the TNG.
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X