Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One GOOD reason not to give Universe a chance at the very least...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shpinxinator View Post
    So you'd all really rather let the franchise die than give Universe a chance? Really?
    Yes. If all the 'franchise' can give us is kids in space then why should it be allowed to live?
    sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

So you'd all really rather let the franchise die than give Universe a chance? Really?
      Sometimes, Yes.

It's often better to end the series on a high note, then drag it through the mud.

If this show is total bull, it's going to appear with the franchise forever.

Maybe it's just best to let the Stargate shows go, and continue on in movies.

Comment

1. The very premise of the show sounds lame, overused, overdone, unoriginal, slacking, uninteresting, old, rehashed.

2. How many more story lines can these same writers come up with that could be interesting, new, and original.

3. The character description list makes it sound like the USAF, US military, and US government employs immature kindergartners for highly advanced, high tech, highly sensitive programs and missions. And, is totally unrealistic.

Comment

I have every intention of giving Universe a fair shot. Yeah, it does have some big shoes to fill - both SG-1 and Atlantis have been amazing shows IMO.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

[sarcasm]I'm sorry, silver-something, but those "reasons" are complete rubbish and not in the least bit valid. *waves hand dismissively* Go back to your little whine and cheese party.

Does anyone have any REAL reasons?? [/sarcasm]

(sorry, SylvreWolfe, I've been wanting to say something obnoxious like that for a while- you just got to be the lucky victim )

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Sounds a bit like Sheppard. Except he's not quite by the book, neither was O'Neill.
              But Mitchell sort of was (at least, more so anyway)....there you go, the connection!

Oh and I'm totally ambivalent about watching the show at this point, if SGA failed to entertain me these last two years with characters I loved then this show doesn't really stand a chance with the same writers does it?

That said, I might give it shot (of course, I said the same thing about season three of heroes. The season premiere has come...and gone without me watching it).
              "Prepare to meet your DOOM."

"It's not about making money, it's about taking money. Destroying the status quo, because the status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to...rule it."

GADZOOKS

Comment

Many fans will watch SGU out of, Blind Loyalty, as many have stated. The problem with, "Blind Loyalty", is, those who are Blindly Loyal to a person or thing, tend to reward that person or thing's bad behavior. I personally don't believe in doing that. Throwing, "older", fans under the bus, in a mad dash to reach the younger ones, many of whom don't even pay the bills yet, is to me, "Bad Behavior".

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                  It's not targeted at a teen crowd.
                  It is. They're just soft-selling the whole deal. And when ANYONE with a brain thinks about it, WHY would teens watch teen-Stargate when they could be watching those teen-teen shows like 90210 or whatever they watch, I was never into that teen crap even when I was that age so forgive my lack of knowledge in that area.

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                  People might have got that impression because the casting call for Lt. Jared Nash describes him as every teenage girl's fantasy. I don't understand how a teenage girl's fantasy is supposed to appeal to viewers in their 20's unless it's young adult males who dream of having teenage girls thunking over them. Perhaps they're supposed to identify with him or something.
                  Please nobody mention the character names as I purposely didn't read them and really do not want to know their names.

Thanks,
                  Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                    Many fans will watch SGU out of, Blind Loyalty, as many have stated. The problem with, "Blind Loyalty", is, those who are Blindly Loyal to a person or thing, tend to reward that person or thing's bad behavior. I personally don't believe in doing that. Throwing, "older", fans under the bus, in a mad dash to reach the younger ones, many of whom don't even pay the bills yet, is to me, "Bad Behavior".
                    blind loyalty is why so much crap remains on tv, and why many crappy products remain on store shelves.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                      blind loyalty is why so much crap remains on tv, and why many crappy products remain on store shelves.
                      ITA.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Gods help us, yes.

TPTB don't have to worry about being creative or original or even mildly interesting because they know that no matter what they produce and how awful it is the "loyal" fans would still tune in. It's worse than blind, but most of the adjectives I can think of would probably get snipped by the mods.

I live in fear of the day TPTB decide to see just how dreadful they can make something and get away with it. I suspect they've been taking steps in that direction already...

I'm pretty sure my definition of "loyalty" doesn't say anything about me having to be blind or unthinking or that I have to accept any amount of crap with a smile. But I'm beginning to suspect that my dictionary is the odd one out these days...

Comment

One Good REason, they're canceling a show, ATLANTIS, whose ratings is better this season than it was last season and it was pretty good last season.

Brad and Joe don't freakin get it, we're not hating SGU, just don't cancel SGA, but it's done isn't biatches. so we're hating sgu, since we'll always say: 'they canceled sga for this crap.'

Also to blame is scifi, since they're attempting to crap up the cable lines with more quality shows along the filth of pain killer jizzy and flesh gordon, two reasons which they claimed would have made every one forget about SG1 (we need the money we pay for sg1 which is extensive to help us with other projects, two of which will premier next season....) GOOD BLOODY JOB SICKFI.

Did any one see flesh gordon's episode : hawk men, I wasn't sure if I was watching a t.v. show or a bowel movement. damnit!!!

Comment

Unless I missed the story somewhere on this forum or the world wide web, it's not actually been confirmed that SGA was cancelled to make SGU.
                            The people that say they won't be watching SGU just appear to be bitter about the fact the SGA was cancelled.
                            No ones actually seen Universe yet so there's actually no telling if it will be good or bad.
                            To me the premise sounds like a good idea, it never even crossed my mind that it would be SG:90210 or whatever many think it may turn out to be until I heard others speak about it in this way on GW.

Comment

Can ANYone give me one...and I want a GOOD reason
                              My reason for not watching is quite simple. To spent an hour at week watching a show requires a strong commitment on my part. To start with a new show means learning names, proffesions, backgrounds, at my old age it's a nuissance.

Then add the following facts:

1- I think SG1 seasons 9, and 10, were bad.
                              2- Even if in general was good, SGA season 4 has IMO some of the worst episodes ever.
                              3- The (possible) casting for SGU would turn me into a pedophile if I dare to like one of the characters the way I like Zelenka, or Lorne so, no thanks.

If you want to watch SGU, and you enjoy it why do you care about others, I think what's important is what you like. I'm sure most of us whom won't watch SGU wouldn't think about it at all, instead we'll enjoy wathever we decided to watch in our tv hour time.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                                Or is it just another excuse to ridicule and demean those who dare to have a differing opinion.
                                I don't know about the guy you're responding to but I wouldn't "ridicule" and "demean" them, even though I disagree with quite a few of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X