Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One GOOD reason not to give Universe a chance at the very least...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shpinxinator View Post
    So you'd all really rather let the franchise die than give Universe a chance? Really?
    Melodramatic much?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
      Melodramatic much?
      hehe yeah a little
      "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

I understand what your saying..I just think it would be really sad if people missed out on the continuation of a much loved franchize....I really don't want Eureka to gain more power
        Each person will make their own choice to watch or not watch.
        If I choose not to watch SGU it will because it doesn’t interest or appeal to me. So do not feel sad for me, I will be very happy and content with my decision.

Well I don’t watch Eureka on a regular basis so I am not sure what you mean.
        I never considered it a contest between shows – one has to beat another. I simply watch what interests me and don’t watch what doesn’t interest me.

Comment

WTF does Eureka have to do with anything? Ye gods, people accuse the naysayers of being "illogical" but then they go and outdo them on it!

Eureka isn't in "competition" with Stargate and if it's getting higher numbers maybe it's because it's the better show. Or because it can appeal to a wider audience. Or maybe because Mercury is in retrograde. Sheesh.

Comment

Can ANYone give me one...and I want a GOOD reason
            I can give you my reason, though it is a long and rambling one.

I loved the first three seasons of Stargate SG1. The show centred around Jack and Daniel, their off-beat friendship and the push and pull of their differing points of view. They both wanted the same result, but their paths to getting anywhere were very different. Supporting them was Teal'c and Sam Carter. Teal'c was a fascinating character with loads of potential. Sam was a beautiful woman who was a scientist and a good officer, and a friend to Daniel. She wasn't written as 'the girl'. She was a good supporting character who was good at her job. There was a fair amount of archeaology and Egyptology (the spelliing of those look wrong, but you know what I mean).

After season 3 when Brad Wright took over as sole show-runner, a lot of the things I liked where downgraded. BW seemed obsessed with Sam Carter and her actor. They were pushed forward in a way I came to dislike. The Jack/Daniel dynamic was altered, as tptb tried to write in UST between Jack and Sam. IMO, that never worked, there was no chemistry there. Also RDA never played into the idea, so Sam ended up looking a fool (repeatedly over the years). Tptb tried to make Daniel into a bumbling fool and tried to downgrade the importance of my favourite character. Teal'c was not allowed to develop, the actor was reduced far too often to proping up the walls saying 'Indeed'. Over the remaining seasons as the things that I loved about SG1 were downgraded I clung on to my love for the show.

I could write pages about how SG1 changed, IMO for the worse, over the last 7 years of its run, but I won't bore you.

When BW and RCC produced Atlantis, I gave the show a try, but never really got into it. I have watched the odd episode. I loved last weeks episode because Daniel was there. It was the only reason I watched it. ( I quite enjoyed last years episode with Teal'c, even if it was based around him and Ronan beating each other up).

So now we have a new show from the people who stripped almost everything I loved out of SG1 and produced a show I don't really watch in ATL. Why should I bother watching SGU? Based on my experience of Brad Wright, there will be little or nothing in it that I will like. Because most of the things I liked in SG1 came from the movie originally, which was nothing to do with BW or RCC.

If they do an episode of SGU with Daniel or Teal'c in it, I will watch. Otherwise, probably not. There are lots of other shows that might be better.

JJ

Comment

1.) They're just going to rip pieces off of old SG-1 and Atlantis episodes.
              2.) They will probably have characters similar to SG-1 and atlantis.
              - One not so bright commander, One Really smart person, one alien person, and one culture person

Best Stargate quote:
              Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
              Green is your friend.

Comment

I don't think the commander will be the "not so bright" one. I think we're going to see a commander who, after losing his team will be very by the book, very stern to make sure he doesn't loose another team.

With this new SG team he is commanding of lesser experienced soldiers...he will likely feel like this is his chance to make right the wrongs he did in his past...a fresh start. A way to redeem himself.
                It feels good to be alive.
                Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet View Post
                  I don't think the commander will be the "not so bright" one. I think we're going to see a commander who, after losing his team will be very by the book, very stern to make sure he doesn't loose another team.

With this new SG team he is commanding of lesser experienced soldiers...he will likely feel like this is his chance to make right the wrongs he did in his past...a fresh start. A way to redeem himself.
                  Sounds a bit like Sheppard. Except he's not quite by the book, neither was O'Neill.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Sounds a bit like Sheppard. Except he's not quite by the book, neither was O'Neill.
                    hummm...rehashing characters perhaps? Next, they'll be rehashing old episodes. Naw...they wouldn't do that would they? LOL!

Comment

Even if this show does suck beyond belief, ill still watch it till then end.

Why? because I'm a stargate fan... and i have nothing else to do

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                        They were going to but Scifi wanted more. Would u change ur tune if they had?
                        I at least would have been somewhat open-minded about it. Althought after the revelation that it is targeted at the teen crowd, I can't guarntee how open-minded I would have been then.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                          I at least would have been somewhat open-minded about it. Althought after the revelation that it is targeted at the teen crowd, I can't guarntee how open-minded I would have been then.

Vala,
                          It's not targeted at a teen crowd.

Comment

Well from reading the descriptions of the characters....they sure seem like they are targeting a teen audience. Mind you, things can change but I have my doubts. There will be cleavage galore, leather and of course sexy, party girl types.

Comment

Originally posted by kali1 View Post
                              There will be cleavage galore, leather and of course sexy, party girl types.
                              Remind me why i shouldn't give SGU a chance?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                                It's not targeted at a teen crowd.
                                People might have got that impression because the casting call for Lt. Jared Nash describes him as every teenage girl's fantasy. I don't understand how a teenage girl's fantasy is supposed to appeal to viewers in their 20's unless it's young adult males who dream of having teenage girls thunking over them. Perhaps they're supposed to identify with him or something.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X