Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One GOOD reason not to give Universe a chance at the very least...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slyke View Post
    LOL. The 2nd wave will be far worse then the first I think! Especially when they see why it was canceled.

SGU had better be good. I really like Stargate, it's my favorite Sci-Fi show. I know it's a long shot, but if SGU ends up being as bad as I think it is then I hope they can revive SGA... or at least something...

Sometimes fast greed can cause you to loose everything. Sometimes it's better to go slow. I'm sure they would of made more money if they let Atlantis run for a few more seasons and had SGU slowly coming together in the background. Then get all the money from that.

It's not like they would loose money if they did it that way, right?

As much as I want Atlantis to pull a Family Guy, it is just not in the cards. When the production company pulls the plug you have to convince them and the network.

We can just hope for multiple SGA movies, which I think is a very easy task to get.
    sigpic

Comment

Well not going to boycott it, but if it totally sucks, you are not going to hear the end of all the complaining from the fans. Especially the SGA fans. Atlantis is about to likely have their best episode of the series coming up in two weeks. SGA fans are going to be the ones SGU has to prove to the most as a worthy replacement.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Drizzt Do'Urden View Post
        phrases like "20 year old party girl" make me worry at least...
        that and... what was it..."every girl's dream"?

*shakes head and walks away*
        sigpic
        My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

Originally posted by SGAFan View Post
          that and... what was it..."every girl's dream"?
          *shakes head and walks away*
          Nah, it's even worse than that: "Every teenage girl's fantasy" (emphasis is mine). When I was a teenage girl, my fantasy was a man 15 or 20 years older than me (David Vincent from "The Invaders", not sure how old the actor really was but clearly adult), and people my age seemed just bland and boring and childish and ugly.

Now I'm 34...
          My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
          Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Slyke View Post

Sometimes fast greed can cause you to loose everything. Sometimes it's better to go slow. I'm sure they would of made more money if they let Atlantis run for a few more seasons and had SGU slowly coming together in the background. Then get all the money from that.
            ITA. Running Atlantis along side SG1 for a couple seasons was a smart move. I assumed when they started talking about SGU that they'd do the same thing (which is why I thought SGA would have at least one more season). Apparently, they didn't want to finance 2 shows again, and the decision was to go with the shiny new toy. But I think it would've been much better for the show and the franchise... then again, what do I know?

Originally posted by Ikaros View Post
            I can give you more than reasons btw. The main one is that the people who took the decision, wanted a more mainstream show, more like a soap, space opera, like BSG, now that this show is calcelled to. So they cancell SGA to make one, and they name it SGU just to have both shows fans happy.
            I won't buy this. I loved Stargate as it was, not like a soap space opera.
            This is probably my biggest reason. (even above the casting calls, which yes, i've taken with a grain of salt, but come on, if you're using them to cast your actors, you're not going to make them the antithesis of what you're looking for!)

Personally? I HATED BSG. I tried, more than once, to get into it and it just set my teeth on edge. Not to mention that, apparently being 35 years old is too old to be considered a valued Stargate fan anymore. No offense to the 20 year old members, but honestly? I really don't care about watching a bunch of 20 year olds run around on screen with their little problems. Steering Stargate this direction is why I'm looking at SGU with great disappointment.

so there's 2 reasons for you.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
              Nah, it's even worse than that: "Every teenage girl's fantasy" (emphasis is mine). When I was a teenage girl, my fantasy was a man 15 or 20 years older than me (David Vincent from "The Invaders", not sure how old the actor really was but clearly adult), and people my age seemed just bland and boring and childish and ugly.

Now I'm 34...
              THAT'S what it was, LOL Thanks! I couldn't remember the exact words, only that when I read it, I choked on my beverage.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shpinxinator View Post
                Can ANYone give me one...and I want a GOOD reason
                No, I can't give you a good reason because you wouldn't think it was good enough. You'd sit back while you and your little friends took potshots at anyone attempting an explanation. You'd sneer down your noses at them and reduce any arguments they made to "whining" and "bashing" and then you'd rant about the stupidity of folks refusing to watch one show just because another was canceled- even if the explanations contained no mention whatsoever of that event. In fact, you'd probably do that even if the explanations people gave included a list of grievances against SGA and the words "I don't care if it got canceled."

What, exactly, is a "good" reason to not watch a show? And who are YOU to decide whether or not that reason is good enough? And what the hell does it matter if a person's reasons are "good" anyway? Shouldn't it be enough that a person's reasons are good enough for them? Why the hell should they have to justify themselves? And if they fail to meet your high standards, what's going to happen? You're going to kick them off the board? ROTFL! I'd like to see you try. Or is it just another excuse to ridicule and demean those who dare to have a differing opinion. That I can believe, especially since the evidence is right here already.

If you were truly, honestly interested in finding out the why's of folks not watching Atlantis all you'd have to do is read some of the threads about it. The answers are there, IF you're willing to LISTEN TO WHAT PEOPLE SAY. It seems to me that this thread's real purpose is mockery of those who are "different."

Why ask the question if you aren't willing to accept the answers?

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                  Because they cancelled Atlantis to make that show. At least they didn't cancel Stargate to make Atlantis.

Vala,
                  I'm not so sure... it seemed to me at the time that SG-1 and Atlantis had the same viewer ratings, but SciFi wanted to cancel a Stargate show because of the production costs, so they continued the younger show.

Not that I'm complaining, I HATED SG-1 Season 10 and loved Atlantis Season 3, but I think Atlantis was chosen over SG-1, so they indeed canceled SG-1 to make Atlantis. IMO.
                  sigpic

Well, not anymore... Good bye Atlantis!

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                    The fans need to know. This is why I have been spreading this like a brush fire. MGM was the one who pulled the plug, they had plans even before Season 5 aired to make room for SGU. So the ratings could of been through the roof and it wouldn't of mattered.
                    Sorry I can't see that. Unless there are some new dynamics between networks and studios that I'm not aware of, since when does a studio (MGM in this case) make the decision whether to cancel or a renew a series? Ultimately the decision rests on the network (Sci-Fi). If Sci-Fi had told MGM we want to order a sixth season of SGA, is MGM going to turn around and say sorry we canceled it, we want you to buy this new series we're pushing? I don't think so. Whether Sci-Fi chooses SGA or SGU, MGM makes money. I realize that MGM helped promote SGU to Sci-Fi, as per the reports we've received. But in the end they can't tell Sci-Fi how to spend their money. The same applies for ABC CBS NBC and FOX when deciding whether to renew or cancel a series. The network decides.
                    My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

I don't think there is a good reason not to give it a chance. I think everyone, even those that aren't thrilled with it, should at least try the first show. You may be surprised, and it's only 1 hour of your life.

Comment

Originally posted by sinfuldraconis View Post
                        I don't think there is a good reason not to give it a chance. I think everyone, even those that aren't thrilled with it, should at least try the first show. You may be surprised, and it's only 1 hour of your life.
                        Have you watched the pilots of all and every sci-fi show out there? No? What are you waiting for; go and give them a chance.
                        My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                        Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                          Because they cancelled Atlantis to make that show. At least they didn't cancel Stargate to make Atlantis.

Vala,
                          They were going to but Scifi wanted more. Would u change ur tune if they had?

Comment

Originally posted by Shpinxinator View Post
                            Can ANYone give me one...and I want a GOOD reason
                            I've lost faith in TPTB.

Comment

Originally posted by sinfuldraconis View Post
                              Oh yes? So you've watched everything that's come out, regardless of how it sounded? You watched Cavemen? And Viva Laughlin? How about Superbabies: Baby Geniuses 2? Because, gosh, just because they SOUND bad and just because you may have hated the previous installment(s) doesn't mean that THIS installment will be bad. Heck, how can you judge something without seeing it, right? Give it a chance before you condemn it!

Comment

While I don't believe anyone should boycott Universe, I'm having a hard time with the story premise. It sounds a lot like the first season of Atlantis(cut off from the rest of humanity) not to mention Star Trek Voyager and BSG. Seems kind of lame to me. I'm willing to give it a shot though being a fan on Stargate. I'm still upset they cancelled Atlantis for this new project though.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X