This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
    No one knows if there will be a new foe each week, there could be enemies which control vast sectors, of course the show will hinge on the writing and the ratings but we don't know how the idea will pan out currently and so we can't judge the show on hearsay without giving it a chance, nice to see an opposing view in the thread though, was getting a bit one sided.
    Because we haven't seen it (and it's not even written AFAIK), we can't know for sure it will be good either. The thing is that as they emphasised the impossibility for people to come back if they are left behind, I conclude that it will be true for the enemies too. Either there is no way for people to come back or there is one, but if there is none, we can't have recurring figures (unless they belong to non-corporeal beings, but I'm not fond of the idea either). My guess, and what would be better IMO, is that they will quickly forget the "they can't come back" part. After a few episodes that will be used to build the tension, some people WILL be able to come back on the long term, because either they'll have ships too or inter-galactic gates or something.

Anyway, I'm a great, great wraith fan, and don't care much for the human characters although I like them. There is little chance a show without wraith will catch my interest, even if it's good (which I hope for the sake of less picky fans ).
    My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
    Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
    sigpic

Comment

Since it has the word Stargate in it, I of course will give it a try, but I'm quite sure it won't take me long to decide if I am for, or against it.
      Right now I have mixed emotions as to which of those scenarios will win out.
      no means no, and so does pepper spray
      Sig by The Carpenter
      sigpic

Comment

Yes: 24
        No: 1

I'll give it a chance like any other programme. If I like it i'll keep watching, if I don't I won't. I didn't get into Atlantis right away so i'll most likely watch the first season of Universe before passing final judgement.

The Moment that should NOT have happened!

Comment

I will watch it because at the end of the day it still IS Stargate.

Yes: 25
          No: 1

Comment

Originally posted by rejrej1 View Post
            The Stat Trek space travel series were really exciting, even Voyager had moments of brilliance. BSG was also very exciting, but often a bit heavy with drama, still fantastic, though.

If SU can take the best elements of BSG and Star Trek, with SG1 writing, well, SU sounds like one of the best premises for space travel in a while. I am keen for it, and younger audiences ...bah! I'm young at heart: bring it on!
            5000 : 0
            Exactly... I really liked BSG because it was all about the techno babble and the Drama was what kept me coming back episode after episode. But I do like a bit of Techno related episodes of ST and SG... so if it has all those then I'll definitely give SGU a chance...

Comment

Not going to watch. And of course there might be very good and interesting episodes but I don't want to be treated as a viewer like I was for two times now. I just like shows with a definite end...no matter how long they run.
              After MGM experiencing the cash flow out of the DVD-movies from SG1 I just think that SGU will share the fate of SG1 and SGA : "You want to know how it "ends"? Buy the DVDs!"
              So I'd rather watch a 3 season show with a well written end to it than that open-end-dvd-sales crap again. I would just be disappointed even after (possible) years of entertainment.

No : 2
              sigpic
              Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
              Spoiler:
              Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
              You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

Originally posted by quade_1 View Post
                I want to know whether you will or won't be watching Stargate Universe and WHY!!!! and i don't want to hear the whining about "i won't watch because they cancelled SGA". That doesn't fly, the show is over suck it up and move on.

I personally will be watching atleast the first 5 episodes of SGU to give it a chance. I don't like what I have been hearing about the new series but I have faith in the writers, directors and producers. They have produced great TV since SG-1 began and i have been a fan since '99.

Yes: 1
                No: 0

lets keep a running total
                That's very rude of you. If you're asking for an opinion, of will you watch and WHY, then you have to be willing to hear them all; irrespective of whether you want to hear them or not. Otherwise why post the question in the first place?

And since it was an open question, No I probably won't watch, because they canceled Atlantis.

Comment

yes: 26
                  no: 3

I will watch if it's on at a reasonable time and night. I don't think it will be as good as early SG-1 but more along the lines of recent SGA, last 2 seasons of sg-1. Which I hated.

However, I could lie and say I will give the show chance out of the kindness of my heart or that with a new show there is new possibilities. But, in reality I have found a new sport out of the recent seasons of both shows.

I call it "armchair critic" where you look for plotholes, wtf moments and absolute duh moments. It's like the game "where's Waldo" but in this case it's "where's the boo boos."

I look forward to the new series cause I expect many, many boo boos and I expect to have lots to talk about on the anti threads. Bring on Mystery Science Theater Stargate style.
                  Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

I'll give the first episode/pilot a try. If it doesn't appeal to me, I won't bother, and the whole PR stuff smacks of Star Trek VOyager, and that theme is BORNG. Been there, done that.

A lot will depend on casting, and of course, writing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                      yes: 26
                      no: 3

I will watch if it's on at a reasonable time and night. I don't think it will be as good as early SG-1 but more along the lines of recent SGA, last 2 seasons of sg-1. Which I hated.

However, I could lie and say I will give the show chance out of the kindness of my heart or that with a new show there is new possibilities. But, in reality I have found a new sport out of the recent seasons of both shows.

I call it "armchair critic" where you look for plotholes, wtf moments and absolute duh moments. It's like the game "where's Waldo" but in this case it's "where's the boo boos."

I look forward to the new series cause I expect many, many boo boos and I expect to have lots to talk about on the anti threads. Bring on Mystery Science Theater Stargate style.
                      good for you, i hope you have a neilsons ratings box.
                      BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Comment

Im gonna do the same as i did with Atlantis, watch the pilot and episode 3-5 to get a feel for the show. if i think its good an im enjoying it ill keep watchin, if i dont enjoy it i wont keep watchin. simple as.

Comment

Yes because it's stargate, and Atlantis was cancelled for it, so for Atlantis's sake (and for stargate in general) I will give it a chance.

Yes: 27

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                            That's very rude of you. If you're asking for an opinion, of will you watch and WHY, then you have to be willing to hear them all; irrespective of whether you want to hear them or not. Otherwise why post the question in the first place?

And since it was an open question, No I probably won't watch, because they canceled Atlantis.
                            I am just sick of hearing "because they cancelled Atlantis". Thats a cop-out, its like saying "because". I would expect that answer from a 4yr old child when they were asked why they didn't clean their room. The show is over, instead of whining about it, how about saying, hey thanks for making 100 episodes of my favorite show ever and i can't wait until the movies!!

Comment

Yes: 27
                              No: 4

No! I watched stargate bacause it was something different from all the other sci-fi show. Universe sounds like ST meets SW meets Farscape, and the name "Stargate" is there just to attract the old fanbase. If something doesn't get my attention from the first time I hear about it, there is no point in wasting my time.
                              sigpic

Comment

Can't a mod just make this into a poll?

Comment

Working...
                                X