This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quade_1 View Post
    Which is why I think they have learned from their mistakes and SGU will be worth watching.
    They "learned from their mistakes" in SG-1 and destroyed SGA faster. If they've "learned from their mistakes" in SGA then SGU doesn't stand a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
      Are any Sci Fi shows aimed at people over 40?

I'd like to think that Star Trek was, and Eureka is. Star Gate used to be as well. Other than that, no.
      Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

I have a tendency of liking live action Stargate.

Yes: 34
        No:10
        sigpic

Well, not anymore... Good bye Atlantis!

Comment

Eureka is? Really? Guess I'd better stop watching, then. Or maybe it just says a lot about my maturity that I like the show. *sticks out tongue and goes "neener, neener"*

Comment

I think ShadowMaat summed it up perfectly for me.

Personally, I barely watch any TV these days - I'd rather do something more creative and constructive than sit through hours of mediocrity spoonfed to me from networks that think I am an idiot. Yes, theres exceptions and the occasional show that is -brilliant- but thankfully thats what DVD's are for. So no, I doubt ill give universe a chance - it doesnt sound interesting and to be perfectly honest id simply rather do other things with my time, which is my choice.
            Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
            Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

OK. I'm very scared about SGU but I WILL be watching the first few episodes as I'm a fan of the franchise. But if its crap I will tune out and watch something good.

Yes: 35
              No: 10

Comment

Nope. I don't have faith in this PTB anymore, the concept is a SGA rehash, and the casting call sounds like a joke. So far I haven't seen a single thing to get me interested.

Oh, and it has nothing to do with the cancellation of SGA.

Yes: 35
                No: 11

Comment

I will definately give it a try as I do with a lot of shows every season.

I will watch the first 3-5 eps and hope for the best.
                  If it`s crap I won`t hestitate to stop watching.

But judging from informations you got before filming even started is downright stupid.
                  I remember an article from an american critic, talking about upcoming shows, such as Lost, Prison Break and Heroes (Heroes was in a very early stage back then) He called all three projects boring rehashes of older concepts and three sure goners.

Well...as it turned out all three of them became some of the most popular and entertaining shows of the decade...think about it.

The show so many of you seem to love (as do I)...BSG...it`s a remake for gods sake.

Yes: 36
                  No: 11
                  Sorry for my bad english...I`m still learning.

Comment

I'll watch it so I have something to talk about in these forums. If it's really dreadful there's likely to be topics where people complain about it and I'll have fun joining in. As I'm in the UK I won't be contributing to the ratings so it makes no difference to the show's fate whether I tune in each week or not.

The really big downside for me besides the idea of main characters being handsome, stunning and sexy, beautiful and every teenage girl's dream is that there will be no Wraith. If the aliens end up as men in rubber suits, though, it could be the case that some of the Wraith fans' favourite Wraith players will turn up in other guises. Spot the ex-Wraith could be a good game to play.
                    sigpic

Comment

There's nothing about it yet that gives me one good reason to watch it. Nothing. Zip. Nada. The casting call alone is the best joke of 2007 and it would have made a wonderful April Fool's joke... too bad we've passed that day a couple of months ago.

I'm done with this franchise. I've already found a great replacement.

Yes: 36
                      No: 12
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I plan to watch Season 1.0 (from the pilot to the mid-season break) and go from there. If it's picked up and I think it's worth watching, I'll be back for the eleventh episode. If it hasn't gone anywhere, hasn't grabbed me and isn't worth my time, that will be that.

Yes: 37

No: 12
                        If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

While I'm not very fond of the concept and the casting sheet info so far, it can still turn out good. I mean when I first heard about SGA I thought it's a ridicoulus idea, but I liked it from episode one. So I will certainly watch the pilot and a few episodes beyond it, because I love both SG-1 and SGA now, so there's really no reason not to tune in. If I won't like it for some reason then I'll stop watching of course.

yes: 38
                          no: 12
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trekie View Post
                            While I'm not very fond of the concept and the casting sheet info so far, it can still turn out good. I mean when I first heard about SGA I thought it's a ridicoulus idea, but I liked it from episode one. So I will certainly watch the pilot and a few episodes beyond it, because I love both SG-1 and SGA now, so there's really no reason not to tune in. If I won't like it for some reason then I'll stop watching of course.

yes: 38
                            no: 12
                            As is, NOT A CHANCE.

Yes: 38
                            No: 13

Comment

I have no problem waiting for syndication to watch SGU. If I happen to be home when it is on this next summer and I having nothing else to do, I might turn it on but I will no longer make it central to my evening TV watching. And seriously, why should I? Just because it has Stargate in the title? I don't think so. They haven't shown a loyality to fans so why should I blindly give them my loyalty in return.

If they had chosen a different way to promote SGU without alientating their older fans, many who have been with the francise since it began, I would have been much more willing to give SGU a shot during it's original airing.
                              I have no problem with them trying to bring in more viewers, that's good business; however not at the expense of the existing fanbase that got them where they are at. They are not saying there is something for everyone in SGU, at least not that I have read yet....they are saying they are going for a younger vibe, which they could still do with a nice mix of older and younger characters but I gather from reading the casting call (which can change), that that mix is not what they are going for.

And Yeah, I am one of the fans pissed that SGA is cancelled to make way for SGU. And while that has a factor on my feelings at the moment, it is not the reason why I am so so about SGU. I quite frankly don't like how they are currently promoting SGU.

So for the purpose of the count here, I'm a no.
                              sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

I'm not that positive about the show right now, but I'll definately give it a chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X