Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drwcomics View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking about that once I actually started thinking about the Alternate reality thing. ALTHOUGH, the only thing about the quantum mirror was that it was completely random, and it was difficult to find your own reality again. If they were able to dial "gate addresses" for alternate universes, than the risk of not getting home wouldn't exist. But that still doesn't answer the question of what exactly the USAF would gain by exploring alternate realities. Unless when they travel to "other universes" they're not actually traveling to parallel universes, just OTHER entirely seperate universes besides ours, if you all understand what I mean...
    Yeah but the reason that wouldnt work is because there is a diffrent reality for every possible version of the universe you could possibly think of so you would only be able to go to a select number of universes. Plus There is no way to know the adress back to your reality because it could be diffrent for each reality. Also if like you said they were just seprate universes instead of alternate realities then how would they have stargates in them?

Comment

Originally posted by tris 99 View Post
      Never mind;

“Robert C. Cooper has revealed that the new series will revolve around the ninth chevron on the Stargate and will take place during the present time and not be in the distant future.”

I've always known that Stargate: Universe will take place in the present time but its still good to hear the words again. The fact that the Stargate franchise takes place in the present time is what attracted me to the program in the first place.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

I think its about a new colony, where ever the ninth chevron leads too. Instead of the usual SG format of sending teams out. Its all about, keeping the colony in tact against enemies. Maybe a war front

Comment

Originally posted by maximusvii View Post
          I think its about a new colony, where ever the ninth chevron leads too. Instead of the usual SG format of sending teams out. Its all about, keeping the colony in tact against enemies. Maybe a war front
          sorry, but you just described SG:Atlantis
          Spoiler:
          Disclaimer:
          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
          Quotes!
          - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
          - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
          sigpic

Comment

I was thinking about Stargate : Universe. Try to imagine that SciFi Channel ordered the new series's first season in 2008! Can it work? Will the people watch it, if SG-1 and Atlantis has a weak rating every week? What do you expect from the new show? Will it begin with a 2,5-3,0 rating than will it change into 1,1-1,5 too after 3-4 episode?
            Last edited by Platschu; 01 November 2007, 11:56 AM.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
              I was thinking about Stargate : Worlds. Try to imagine that SciFi Channel ordered the new series's first season in 2008! Can it work? Will the people watch it, if SG-1 and Atlantis has a weak rating every week? What do you expect from the new show? Will it begin with a 2,5-3,0 rating than will it change into 1,1-1,5 too after 3-4 episode?
              I'm expecting it will better the horrible SGA. Honestly, it simply can't be worse than SGA
              Stolen Kosovo
              sigpic

Comment

Ooops. I wanted to write Stargate : Universe above. I believe in Atlantis, this year will change everything, but as for the third series we need something different, something creative. So no spaceship, space station series, no SG-Files, no CSI:Milky Way. Something new, what nobody made earlier, but it has the elements of the stargate shows: mythology, humor, races, discovery, team interaction etc. I believe in RCC and BW, because they are the soul of this franchise. The Gate bridge, the supergates were very cool ideas, so I think they will find something interesting for us.
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                  Ooops. I wanted to write Stargate : Universe above. I believe in Atlantis, this year will change everything, but as for the third series we need something different, something creative. So no spaceship, space station series, no SG-Files, no CSI:Milky Way. Something new, what nobody made earlier, but it has the elements of the stargate shows: mythology, humor, races, discovery, team interaction etc. I believe in RCC and BW, because they are the soul of this franchise. The Gate bridge, the supergates were very cool ideas, so I think they will find something interesting for us.
                  like Stargate: Eriador... the 9th chevron transports them back to the 2nd age of Middle Earth, where hobbits are enslaved by the evil alien race known as the Uru'khai, ancestors of the goa'uld?

that way SG has all the mythology of Tolkein to work with... would that make Aragorn an ancient during the 3rd age?

hmm, probs not, since he interfered.... that'd actually make Gandalf and Saruman ancients...

i likey...
                  Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                  Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                  Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                  Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

What Has Everyone Got Against "S.G.A." ?

Stargate Atlantis Fanatic
                    Replicator wana be

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Da Milky Way Replicator View Post
                      What Has Everyone Got Against "S.G.A." ?
                      other than that is a half-assed effort at a 2nd series which lacks all the charm, intrigue, and mystique of the original making it look like a cheap plastic imitation... nothing

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
                        other than that is a half-assed effort at a 2nd series which lacks all the charm, intrigue, and mystique of the original making it look like a cheap plastic imitation... nothing
                        yeah i agree with that, i do like it, but compared to SG-1 its not really even on the radar, it's like Enterprise compared to TNG, but i still watch it because it has a stargate in it, and it's still better than Andromeda
                        Spoiler:
                        Disclaimer:
                        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                        Quotes!
                        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                          yeah i agree with that, i do like it, but compared to SG-1 its not really even on the radar, it's like Enterprise compared to TNG, but i still watch it because it has a stargate in it, and it's still better than Andromeda
                          i've been trying to think of a ST comparison, but haven't been able to. probs because i never watched enterprise, kudos for you though for doing so...

yeah, the only reason i watch SGA is because the title says "Stargate"

funny thing is, they don't really use the stargate that much anymore in SGA. i mean in SG1, you always saw the teams going through the gate... always... even the f'ing puppets... wheres that on SGA?

although the Asuran laser-gate weapon was cool...

but SGA's more about the city and the puddle jumpers and the battlecruisers than it is about the gate, which is sad. oh well, season 5 will be the last one, and then its SGU...

Comment

Guys...Darren posted this in the Joe Mallozzi Blog thread:

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                            Brad and Rob went to pitch SGU to SCI FI on Friday. Fingers crossed ... we hope to have something big to share next week!
                            Holy mother of...

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                              Guys...Darren posted this in the Joe Mallozzi Blog thread:

Holy mother of...
                              and I was happy about the rebound in SGA's ratings. If this happens, Wow!! I think there is a really good shot. It will also help uptick SGA's ratings if they run them together.
                              sigpic

Comment

hope it went well!

EDiT - i will actually be pissed if SCifi doesnt pick it up, mansquito for christs sake!

I would also laugh it was SG1 with a new name like they planned on doing in season 9

Comment

Working...
                                X