Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol, thats totally stupid but its heaps great

Comment

And the saddest thing of all is...I would actually watch it.
      Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
      Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
      Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
      --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
        And the saddest thing of all is...I would actually watch it.
        LOL. Not me - I would run far and fast from anything with David Caruso in it. Even if it was Stargate.
        - Life after Stargate -
        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
        sigpic

Comment

Ahahaha. A lot of work for a good laugh, good job though
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
            LOL. Not me - I would run far and fast from anything with David Caruso in it. Even if it was Stargate.
            Amen to that.

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
              Same goes for me. He would single-handedly kill the franchise.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                Same goes for me. He would single-handedly kill the franchise.
                And then he would investigate himself.
                All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
                  my point is that we've seen 3 "civilizations" if not races, that have given, or can give the ancients a run for their money... and to have a comletely new race that is equal to or better than the ancients is the same thing as the Ori...

as for the genii and other races, sure, there are some equal to us, but nothing has ever been explored on the series level where our equal-race is our main enemy... its only been done to fill plot points, or for single, isolated episodes...

i'm talking about a main villain... like the goa'uld, ori, or asurans... but also a race that is the mirror image of us: alone, never touched by aliens, accidentally discovering a stargate network, etc... besides, the genii don't stand a chance against us... never did...
                  Question is, why would the "other us" want to butt heads with us? The Genii hold/held a grudge because we woke up the Wraith early.
                  I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                    Question is, why would the "other us" want to butt heads with us? The Genii hold/held a grudge because we woke up the Wraith early.
                    there could be any one of a number of reasons...

we pissed them off by accidentally destroying something sacred of theirs
                    we awakened a centuries old enemy
                    they're jealous of us because we managed to master intergalactic travel before them
                    they view us as a threat in their part of the galaxy
                    or the classic bully: they think they're better than us
                    Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                    Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                    Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                    Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Maybe cheveron nine allows you to open a wormhole to planets that don't have a stargate on them?

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                        Maybe cheveron nine allows you to open a wormhole to planets that don't have a stargate on them?
                        and how would that work?
                        Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                        Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                        Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                        Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

i theorized that ages ago

basically it would work by opening a wormhole in a random/predesignated star system with a planet on it (or on the planet itself, however i prefer the former) there is some kind of technology you have to take through that sends subspace signals back to the gate so the gate can dial up a "reverse flow" wormhole to retrieve the gateship/team, also the team could leave a subspace transmitter there incase they want to return, that subspace transmitter would be calibrated with a certain gate address, (but that is assuming the "single gate" wormholes don't already have pre determined destinations, which is another possibility)
                          Spoiler:
                          Disclaimer:
                          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                          Quotes!
                          - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                          - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
                            and how would that work?
                            I'll leave that to Robert Cooper, but AvatarIII has it worked out pretty well. Any anyway, I was just spitballing.

Perfecto!

Comment

I'll leave that to Robert Cooper, but AvatarIII has it worked out pretty well. Any anyway, I was just spitballing.
                              personally out of all the ideas flying about, it's my favourite
                              time travel and dimension shifting both go against canon,
                              going to more gates in other galaxies means that they need to rewrite the alteran history to say they actually went to loads more galaxies (and it's rather similar idea to atlantis)
                              connecting to another species equivilent of stargates is an alright idea, but how will people get back to earth? especially if you need to take a huge power source or zpm with you everytime and then work out how to uplink it to an alien technology
                              Spoiler:
                              Disclaimer:
                              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                              Quotes!
                              - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                              - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Team SG-1*save the show* View Post
                                true . lol

i hope it doesnt turn into trek-gate!!!!
                                Trek Gate?

Comment

Working...
                                X