Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post

*Looks around for jelgate to see if it's safe*

I actually loved TJ more than Chloe.
    *pushs Brian into a ravine*

The whole reason behind the Chloe obessession was to counteract the unplaced hostility the fandom gave her in comparassion the other characters. I'm sure TJ will be fine but a medical officer isn't a new area for Stargate. I'm sure she will be unique but currently is not grabing my attention
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
      One of these days, Brian, you are going to sit me down and tell me the story of how you got your hands on that press screener.
      I got lucky. I did not get the actual press kit. I also got invited to the Planet Hollywood thing tonight but I cannot go. Have a gig. I am praying someone from my band backs out.

oh Btw, My local radio station interviewed LDP this morning in regards to SGU. The DJ's were like "oh another Science fiction show" but LDP did a good job promoting it. The DJ's were more interested in talking about "I'm a celebrity get me out of here" since LDP won.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        *pushs Brian into a ravine*

The whole reason behind the Chloe obessession was to counteract the unplaced hostility the fandom gave her in comparassion the other characters. I'm sure TJ will be fine but a medical officer isn't a new area for Stargate. I'm sure she will be unique but currently is not grabing my attention
        true obsession would be to discuss Chloe's favorite color. Who feels that she is a Pink or a Black?
        She might be both. Seriously, favorite colors can tell you a thing or two about a person.
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but have you all read this kind of unfavourable review of SGU by Maureen Ryan from the Chicago Tribune?

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....erse-syfy.html

"I come to "Stargate Universe" with no axe to grind against it; in fact, I've seen every episode of "Battlestar" and most episodes of "Stargate SG-1" and "Stargate: Atlantis." As a sci-fi fan, I celebrated the different things these shows brought to the genre party. But so far the gloomy, underwhelming "Universe" seems to have ditched many of the elements that the previous "Stargate" shows had, notably camaraderie and a sense of adventure, without adding much in the way of narrative suspense or complexity."
          sigpic

Comment

Hey Pan, Variety also had a negative review. You are not going to have all postive reviews. The series is really testing the waters, but I think the show will be fine. Even if the show pulls in lower unexpected numbers.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
              Hey Pan, Variety also had a negative review. You are not going to have all postive reviews. The series is really testing the waters, but I think the show will be fine. Even if the show pulls in lower unexpected numbers.
              I wasn't under the impression that was the case, but I figured since all opinions are valid maybe someone else wanted another take on the other side of the coin.

I doubt the show will pull in low numbers. Maybe not WH13 kind of numbers, but I still expect them to be high.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but have you all read this kind of unfavourable review of SGU by Maureen Ryan from the Chicago Tribune?

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....erse-syfy.html

"I come to "Stargate Universe" with no axe to grind against it; in fact, I've seen every episode of "Battlestar" and most episodes of "Stargate SG-1" and "Stargate: Atlantis." As a sci-fi fan, I celebrated the different things these shows brought to the genre party. But so far the gloomy, underwhelming "Universe" seems to have ditched many of the elements that the previous "Stargate" shows had, notably camaraderie and a sense of adventure, without adding much in the way of narrative suspense or complexity."
                Pfft, too be honest, that is one opinion. One that may have a strong influence on other opinions, but I ain't gonna let a 'big-time reviewer' rain down on anything (at least for me that is.)

Reviewers/critics most of the time have different opinions than the casual viewers. For instance, you may get a big-time reviewer/critic pan a film or show, giving it a low rating and then becomes a major hit with the audience.

That's why I tend to ignore reviewers/critics (both positive and negative) and don't allow them to be the decider whether I watch a show/film or not. I tend to listen to people who I know who see it first because they know my tastes better and will be able to tell me whether I would like it or not.

People may disagree with me, but it's just how I feel. Reviewers/critics? Heh, I don't need them and one negative review doesn't bother me. What bothers me is if people read her review and automatically take it to heart and walk away from the show.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

TV Guide Mag is quite a positive one:

TV Guide Mag: Outer and Inner Space
                  http://www.tvguidemagazine.com/matt-...pace-2647.html

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post

Thats good. TV guide is usually nice about Stargate
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post

Good on them. They acknowledge it's a good watch but don't put it up on BSG's pedestal. I get the feeling they know it's not BSG's calibre, maybe in a completely different one, and good on them for that. No need to shatter BSG from the Space Opera throne. Stargate can be the loveable court jester with a little dark on the side (Or the opposite for SGU; The Joker!)
                      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Wow, I visited tvguide.com and noticed ads everywhere for SGU. Kinda nice to see that.

EDIT: Just visited Youtube on a hunch that Syfy would throw a nice ad at the top just like they did with W13 and they did.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                        and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          Thats good. TV guide is usually nice about Stargate
                          Yes, they have always been. Remember a few years back they had the SG-1 cast on the front cover, I recall.
                          sigpic

Comment

OMG Greer is so awesome, hes so commanding with Rush. I can't BELIEVE YOU DON'T LIKE HIM!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                              OMG Greer is so awesome, hes so commanding with Rush. I can't BELIEVE YOU DON'T LIKE HIM!!!
                              I can't believe you do given that you haven't actually seen the episode yet and have no idea what the context is all about.
                              sigpic

Comment

Oooh page 555!
                                Chloe does seem to be into purple. Anyhow, she does sound to have been a 'spoiled' but wants to move beyond that.
                                I better get some sleep. Soon.
                                "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                                Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                                Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                                Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                                Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Working...
                                X