Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

However, where Galactica seemed to be depressing and too pessimistic in its goal for deep passionate drama, SGU may have been able to achieve something better, that middle ground.
    This is good. Exactly where I wanted to see SGU as far as darkness/drama.

I also vaguely remember watching Star Trek Voyager when it first appeared on television and many of the complaints that series got similar to Stargate Atlantis, was the series never took itself seriously and the characters never seemed to feel real in the predicament they were in.
    I disagree with this statement. By Season 3 and 4 SGA characters were taking themselves very seriously.

Atlantis was the same and didn’t try anything new.
    Um hello Vegas?

When I spoke to the series star, Brian J. Smith, back in July at Comic-Con we discussed about his character but more importantly how the series would portray these “adventurers” in the deep, dark, depths of space. He told me, “we are flawed, every single one of us is flawed in some way and that is a big piece of the story.”
    Flawed is good, past SG characters had flaws but they never really got deep into those flaws.

For long-time fans of the series, they will find traditional elements to laugh at and smile at whereas new fans will be opened up to a whole new world.
    This sounds good also.

This is something that co-creator Robert Cooper discussed with me at the MGM party at Comic-Con. “The show will have that humor but it will be when the situation calls for it, when it is appropriate. But we will make sure it calls for it.”
    I think this is great also. Because you want that humor but it has to be at the right time. Farscape did that very well.

Louis Ferreira plays Col. Everett Young, an established and experienced leader who butts heads with Carlyle’s Marcus Rush, a scientist with his own agenda and plans.
    Finally we will hopefully get some of that conflict of leadership that we hardly got in SGA. Um did he say Marcus Rush? lol.

Overall a great review. Makes me more optomistic than concerned with the new series.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      This is good. Exactly where I wanted to see SGU as far as darkness/drama.

I disagree with this statement. By Season 3 and 4 SGA characters were taking themselves very seriously.

Um hello Vegas?

Flawed is good, past SG characters had flaws but they never really got deep into those flaws.

This sounds good also.

I think this is great also. Because you want that humor but it has to be at the right time. Farscape did that very well.

Finally we will hopefully get some of that conflict of leadership that we hardly got in SGA. Um did he say Marcus Rush? lol.

Overall a great review. Makes me more optomistic than concerned with the new series.
      shouldnt s/he have said Nicholas Rush?
      SG-1 members
      Atlantis Team members

Comment

No.....now if it were Brian J. Smith or Lou Diamond Phillips kissing up to the magazine, THEN I'd want to be the magazine!

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
          Brad Wright interview at Cinemaspy:
          http://www.cinemaspy.com/article.php?id=3181

Excuse me while I bounce and flail over the clip at the beginning of the second video
          Interesting interview! Brad Wright gives some more insights into SGU, although most of it I already knew.

Now, that was an awesome clip at the beginning of the second vid
          Spoiler:
          The observation deck looks just unbelievebly good. "The life support system is failing...and we should probably do something about that"
          Can't wait to see Robert Carlyle finally in action!
          sigpic
          My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

Stargate Universe Set to Rock the World!

WormholeRiders is pleased, proud, and thrilled for the opportunity to review Stargate Universe for SyFy. This review is the first of three (3) SGU reviews WormholeRiders will publish, with two more Stargate Universe reviews, from our senior editors RadioStar and Play It Grand. The next SGU review will be posted on or before Monday, September 28. Our third review will be published right before the Stargate Universe premiere on October 2 on SyFy.

Importantly, this reporter’s review will be from two distinct perspectives, one objective, and one of a rather subjective nature.

continues:
            http://www.wormholeriders.com/blog/?p=1923

Some spoilers!

Comment

why isnt SGU on SciFi in the UK... isnt it the same as SyFy?
              SG-1 members
              Atlantis Team members

Comment

Gateworld: Darren and David's First Impressions

A few people have asked us for our full review of Stargate Universe, seeing as how the press kit arrived a few days ago (story). While we work on the complete review, we thought we should share some informal first impressions of the new series right away.

continues:
                http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/0...t-impressions/

Comment

Go grab the latest issue of FHM -- @alainahuffman and Elyse Levesque happen to grace the pages looking spectacular!!!!!
                  http://twitter.com/JGLenic/status/4160104530

Comment

Strikingly similar Twitter posts from both Brian and David recently:

Holy frack. This script is...just ... whoa. Always impressed by our writers. #SGU will have your head spinning. I'm excited!!!
                    about 5 hours ago from Echofon

http://twitter.com/DavidBlue
                    Wow - the finale is - wow - jeeze - did what I think happen just happen? I mean - how could you . . . ? My head is SPINNING.
                    about 6 hours ago from web

http://twitter.com/brianjacobsmith
                    Sig by Pandora's Box
                    sigpic

Comment

Season finales tend to be like that. They need to be one notch above the average to get viewers to come back next season. That is why most finales are cliffhangers.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                        Strikingly similar Twitter posts from both Brian and David recently:
                        Maybe a major character death or could be something completely diffrent.
                        sigpic
                        Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                        Metal gear fan

Comment

Sky One UK Promo

This is a character promo for Eli. Ones for Rush and TJ have also aired.

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...-uk-promo.html

Comment

its very good... no airing time though
                            SG-1 members
                            Atlantis Team members

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                              Sky One UK Promo

This is a character promo for Eli. Ones for Rush and TJ have also aired.

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...-uk-promo.html
                              Cool! Thanks for finding that!

Originally posted by hawkmajor View Post
                              its very good... no airing time though
                              I imagine...at a guess...it'll be on Sky1 at 8pm.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                              K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Ooops, forum.gateworld.net has been down for me for a couple of days, turned out that rebooting fixed it.
                                Didn't miss much though, thanks to searching twitter for sgu every now and then. Hadn't seen the new cinemaspy articles though. Or the Elyse twitpic, which is awesome.

That Wormholeriders review was way way over to top. Incredibly saccharine and cheesy and had far too many exclamation marks. But I'm still excited about sgu and there were some interesting points among the wild fanboying.
                                "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                                Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                                Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                                Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                                Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Working...
                                X