Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
    This isn't SG-1 or SGA. It has humor, just not as much.
    And maybe, the humor itself is also a bit different? Although it still has the typical SG elements.
    A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Maybe it is. Personally I've found only around a third of Eli's humor to actually be funny.
      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by koroush47 View Post
        Are you sure? I thought they say there wouldn't be one.
        No they said there would be no overarching all powerful enemy that controlled everything like the Gould or Wraith. Nothing was said against an enemy that could reappear multiple times, ala the Genii or the Aschen.

Comment

Although I haven't laughed at a single ape reference I think SGU has a lot of humor. But humor is like taste you can argue forever and still get together. I like SGU's humor. 'Recipes, recipes for gods sake!' Go Becker, go
          sigpic
          A lot of the things that made Stargate awesome, but just with steroids, spread all over it. - Brian J. Smith

Comment

I don't find all the jokes funny but I do like the telling of them and the reactions.
            Also, "Go, Math Boy!"
            "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
            Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
            Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
            Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
            Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
              I don't find all the jokes funny but I do like the telling of them and the reactions.
              Also, "Go, Math Boy!"
              Some of the jokes have been great. I guess the only thing that has felt a little off for me in the humor department were quips about people not having taken a shower.

They weren't bad, but they just felt a little off to me.
              Sig by Pandora's Box
              sigpic

Comment

I think a lot of people out there miss the point of SGU and what TPTB are trying to do. They have always said they wanted to do something darker, gritier and chracter based then they have with SG1 and SGA. SGU is different and will not be a clone of the previous series.

If you are expecting another SG1 or SGA then you will be dissapointed. This is not the direction they want.

Comment

Come to think of it. I think Young has surpassed Eli as the "funniest" guy, in my opinion, in this last episode.
                  "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I'd say the only worry i have thus far, and it's a minor one to be sure, but I'm not connecting with the characters as much as i thought i might. some of this is because there's a lot of jumping around and compared to atlantis and sg1, this is more of a circumstance/story driven show.
                    one example was the scene where chloe tries to get to her dad and watches him die. the emotional gravity of that was huge, but i didnt feel all that shaken by it.
                    again minor stuff right now. it's still early on and things are developing.
                    one plus is that time flies when i'm watching it.
                    I miss Orilla.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                      Its Bens and Jerrys choclate fudge brownie. Seriously eat this and you dont worry about anything, least of all SGU.
                      Ben & Jerry's = Culinary ecstasy

Originally posted by Starrtom View Post
                      I think a lot of people out there miss the point of SGU and what TPTB are trying to do. They have always said they wanted to do something darker, gritier and chracter based then they have with SG1 and SGA. SGU is different and will not be a clone of the previous series.

If you are expecting another SG1 or SGA then you will be dissapointed. This is not the direction they want.
                      I'm actually glad TPTB are deliberately striving for this. Though I will always like SG1 and Atlantis, by the time I saw Vegas, I started thinking that it was time for something completely different.

...and I'm suddenly reminded of a Python sketch I saw about 10 years ago about a lion devouring somebody.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                        Some of the jokes have been great. I guess the only thing that has felt a little off for me in the humor department were quips about people not having taken a shower.

They weren't bad, but they just felt a little off to me.
                        Yeah, a little. Though it reminds me of some of General Hammond's lines about people showering...

In other news, who's noticed that Julia Benson has started a blog?
                        http://www.juliabensononline.com/
                        She touches on the topic of the talk surrounding the natural assets she brings to the show.
                        "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                        Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                        Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                        Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                        Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Don't get this as me Bashing SGU I like the SGU so far, but Im afriad that it will keep on the course of doom and gloom like Battle Star Galactica. I have a feeling thats why BSG failed because it wasn't happy at all. The moment somthing good happened that things could go good for the people somthing 10 times worse happend to them. BSG was kind of a constant downer. I just hope thats thats not what there doing here.

Whats your biggest fear that the show will do?
                          What do you hope to see in the future?
                          What would make it better but stay ture to Stargate?

Me:
                          Biggest fear: the show will be doom and gloom (BSG) and nothing productive will happen (SG1 and SGA added to the Stargate univers) . They will be stuck on the ship and a patteren will emerge of almost being able to get back to eath (ehem Voyager)

Hope:
                          That Earth will be able to send Something to them (they Have the Address they only need a viable power supply) to the Destiny and help them out atleast once. They'll meet up with a friendly alien species and be helped out. Even gain some control of the ship ( I like that its not right away like in Atlantis, they were more prepaired.)
                          Last edited by luckysunny; 20 October 2009, 11:13 AM. Reason: Not trying to get bashing but what people would like to see

Comment

Originally posted by luckysunny View Post
                            Hope:
                            That Earth will be able to send Supplies and some peosonel to the Destiny and help them out atleast once. They'll meet up with a friendly alien species and be hlped out.
                            SGA started to go downhill in interest to me when they made a connection back to Earth.

Comment

I just feel as though some people look for the BSG similarities instead of.. not looking.

I did hate the "oh a wormhole we can get home... oh darn, some problem means we can't use it".. etc problem of Voyager and do hope that they don't end up with that sort of thing.. (maybe a few times would be ok).. and i hope that Earth can't help directly (supplies/personnel), it would be cheating.

Comment

BSG failed? Christ Almighty...

Comment

Working...
                                X