Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tears of Neutrality... that's a catchy name. And it has two results from Google.
    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
    Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
      So, it averages out to a "tears of neutrality" sort of feeling, and you're waiting to see how SGU turns out? Splendid!!
      Pretty much. I suspect somehow my reaction was somehow both of those emotions at once, which soon cased my brain to go "DOES NOT COMPUTE" and create a strong reaction without a clear opinion corresponding to it. So a had a very strong "0 net positive/negative" change after seeing it. Or something similar. And I think it made me queasy with uncertainty.

Its one of those trailers that you go "Oh my God! That was so incredibly... wait what was that? Well whatever it is, it's definitely a hell of a lot of it."
      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
        So a had a very strong 0 net positive/negative change after seeing it. Or something similar. And I think it made me queasy with uncertainty.
        If there are two very strong equal and opposite forces acting on you, the net force is 0 but you're under a lot of stress or strain.
        "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.

Comment

Then that's exactly it!
          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

yes, i see now...
            also do you reckon they will eventually make it back to earth given the power requirements to travel half way(?) across the universe
            SG-1 members
            Atlantis Team members

Comment

Originally posted by hawkmajor View Post
              yes, i see now...
              also do you reckon they will eventually make it back to earth given the power requirements to travel half way(?) across the universe
              You want to go here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=67641 to discuss that.

Comment

Originally posted by hawkmajor View Post
                yes, i see now...
                I have my doubts. If they do, it won't be by any direct route. I can see them Gate hopping between planets and galaxies which takes them in a direction ever nearer to Earth. I could see that taking years though. So many years in fact that it probably wouldn't even be the original Destiny crew of Young and co...but their adult children (or maybe grandchildren even?) carrying on the mission to survive and return to Earth.

Not sure I like that possibility, to be honest. I'd rather have Young and his crew returning to Earth rather than their descendants.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

so you're thinking of some kind of quest??
                  SG-1 members
                  Atlantis Team members

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                    I have my doubts. If they do, it won't be by any direct route. I can see them Gate hopping between planets and galaxies which takes them in a direction ever nearer to Earth. I could see that taking years though. So many years in fact that it probably wouldn't even be the original Destiny crew of Young and co...but their adult children (or maybe grandchildren even?) carrying on the mission to survive and return to Earth.

Not sure I like that possibility, to be honest. I'd rather have Young and his crew returning to Earth rather than their descendants.
                    See I actually wouldn't mind that scenario, however there is a problem with that for me. To make it happen and for TPTB to show it happen would mean a considerable amount of time would pass before the descendants made it home, meaning that if a fourth series is ever created would it be made after the descendants return home?? If so that would suck, i like present day Stargate.
                    Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
                      See I actually wouldn't mind that scenario, however there is a problem with that for me. To make it happen and for TPTB to show it happen would mean a considerable amount of time would pass before the descendants made it home, meaning that if a fourth series is ever created would it be made after the descendants return home?? If so that would suck, i like present day Stargate.
                      it might turn out like infinity if they set the last season in the future i.e cr*p
                      SG-1 members
                      Atlantis Team members

Comment

From Craig Engler's (Syfy) Twitter:

Got our first Awareness Report for Stargate Universe. 6 weeks out, awareness is very good so far. Knock wood...
                        about 2 hours ago from web

"Few respondents who had heard of Stargate Universe plan on not tuning in."
                        about 2 hours ago from web

"Few respondents who had heard of Stargate Universe plan on not tuning in." = most who've heard of it WILL watch it, not the other way
                        about 1 hour ago from web

Q) @DavidBlue "awareness report"? A) Research puts them together to see how many people are aware of new shows, intend to watch, etc.
                        about 1 hour ago from web

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                          From Craig Engler's (Syfy) Twitter:
                          That's good news. I've never heard of an "awareness report" before, but it seems like an interesting tool.
                          Sig by Pandora's Box
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                            That's good news. I've never heard of an "awareness report" before, but it seems like an interesting tool.
                            Sounds like a marketing term. I wouldn't be surprised if its been around for awhile and something fandom is ignorant of.
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              Sounds like a marketing term. I wouldn't be surprised if its been around for awhile and something fandom is ignorant of.
                              I'm fairly positive that you're right. Or maybe...we're the only ones who've never heard of it?
                              Sig by Pandora's Box
                              sigpic

Comment

I never said I have never heard of the term
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X