Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
    I guess it's the same thing with Amanda Tapping, she was born in England, her parents are from England, but people see her as Canadian. Which is fair enough, considering she was raised there. The same applies to Paul.
    Not just Amanda Tapping, but also David Hewlett, Gary Jones and I think Paul Mcgillion where all born in Britain or have British parents.

I also hope there are more than just American and Canadian accents in Universe, other than Rush that is. I hope there are some Zelenka like characters and maybe even some Russians since they are meant to have personal in the SGC, another English person would be great aswell.

Atleast we won't have any American/Canadian sounding aliens this time around, since Joe said they FINALLY won't be speaking English. Bring on the sub-titles.
    sigpic
    Banner Made By Me for Me
    The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
      Not just Amanda Tapping, but also David Hewlett, Gary Jones and I think Paul Mcgillion where all born in Britain or have British parents.

I also hope there are more than just American and Canadian accents in Universe, other than Rush that is. I hope there are some Zelenka like characters and maybe even some Russians since they are meant to have personal in the SGC, another English person would be great aswell.

Atleast we won't have any American/Canadian sounding aliens this time around, since Joe said they FINALLY won't be speaking English. Bring on the sub-titles.
      I think there will be more American characters as its not an international project like atlantis was at least i think its not.
      sigpic
      Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
      Metal gear fan

Comment

Originally posted by Promethius30 View Post
        I think there will be more American characters as its not an international project like atlantis was at least i think its not.
        That's interesting does anyone actually know if this SGU is international or not ?
        Made by the wonderful Lahela

Comment

Originally posted by SGU Scotsman View Post
          That's interesting does anyone actually know if this SGU is international or not ?
          Well the head scientist is Scottish but that's about it cast wise. However if the IOA have representatives looking into the project them I am sure its backed by atleast Britain, France, Russia and China on an international front. With Russia having a strict deal with the US for shares in ALL technology involving the Stargate. Canada is a must.
          sigpic
          Banner Made By Me for Me
          The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
            Well the head scientist is Scottish but that's about it cast wise. However if the IOA have representatives looking into the project them I am sure its backed by atleast Britain, France, Russia and China on an international front. With Russia having a strict deal with the US for shares in ALL technology involving the Stargate. Canada is a must.
            So really there's not to much International going on in SGU as for the IOA they have really no say

As the Destiny is light years from them
            Spoiler:
            Not even the IOA representative on-board has power she lost that the moment she stepped onto the Destiny

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose
              Spoiler for a Casting Call that describes someone involved with Rush:
              http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...rse-lucid.html
              Thank you for that that was interesting

Comment

And the *****iness from Michael Ausiello toward Stargate continues.....

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                  And the *****iness from Michael Ausiello toward Stargate continues.....
                  Where ? Or do you mean at the Spoilertv link? If so, I'm not going to click on it. But could you tell me what he said? I hated what he did back with the original promo photo for SGU.
                  Sig by Pandora's Box
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                    Where ? Or do you mean at the Spoilertv link? If so, I'm not going to click on it. But could you tell me what he said? I hated what he did back with the original promo photo for SGU.
                    No its not on the spoiler tv link (which FYI dose contain heavy spoilers that's why when i posted it i put it in the correct episode thread) its over as EW on his Ausiello Files Blog, he's essential reporting the same information (which is a shock in its self!!) He ends by saying:-
                    SGU debuts this fall. Watch a clip here. Or don't. No sweat off my back.
                    Which ok its really that much, anytime he posts SGU info (which is a total of 3 including this, 1 of which was the exclusive preview of the first official cast photo), he always has a little dig toward Stargate in some way, which is something he doesn't do toward any other show that he reports on.

Comment

It seems like their has been an EW hate towards Stargate for as long as I can remember. The status quo continues unfortunatly.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        It seems like their has been an EW hate towards Stargate for as long as I can remember. The status quo continues unfortunatly.
                        I dont mind it those <Snipped by Mod> dont know what there mising and they have to live with it

STARGATE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Last edited by Bagpuss; 14 July 2009, 02:15 PM. Reason: no name calling !

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                          He ends by saying:- Which ok its really that much, anytime he posts SGU info (which is a total of 3 including this, 1 of which was the exclusive preview of the first official cast photo), he always has a little dig toward Stargate in some way, which is something he doesn't do toward any other show that he reports on.
                          Except it's not really okay. I mean, I guess it is his blog and such, but wow...talk about unprofessional. I don't particularly care about "Melrose Place", but I wouldn't throw in jabs just for the sake of it.

I actually went and checked out his blog and noticed that you were right, he doesn't really do that with other shows. I semi-spoiled myself reading what he had to say, but I was curious about the context and wanted to see what he said about other shows. For me, not a huge spoiler, because

Spoiler:
                          I guessed something like that would happen eventually and GW released information about his wife.

I'm assuming there's more if you were to read in-depth on the link to the SpoilerTV website though? In any case, I'm not going to spoil any details for myself, lol.
                          Sig by Pandora's Box
                          sigpic

Comment

I just saw there are new details on the episode 'Lucid'. I won't dare to enter the discussion thread for that episode till I know how much is spoiled. If it simply discusses what the overall episode is about, maybe revolving around a certain character, that is fine...

But I don't want to read something that ruins the episode.

So, me playing safe so I don't ruin the series (while still trying to get my little Stargate fix I can), I am wondering...How spoilery is the new details?

On a scale from 1 to 10.

1=little spoilers
                            10=uber spoilers that ruin the episode

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                            and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

I'd say they were a 6 or 7. I wouldn't recommend reading them considering you are so hesitant already.

But for me, the info at the spoilerTV link... Wow. I can't wait to see how this plays out for Rush's character. If done right that episode could be fantastic. And they're looking for ANOTHER star name!

Comment

Originally posted by :Orion Coran: View Post
                                I just saw there are new details on the episode 'Lucid'. I won't dare to enter the discussion thread for that episode till I know how much is spoiled. If it simply discusses what the overall episode is about, maybe revolving around a certain character, that is fine...

But I don't want to read something that ruins the episode.

So, me playing safe so I don't ruin the series (while still trying to get my little Stargate fix I can), I am wondering...How spoilery is the new details?

On a scale from 1 to 10.

1=little spoilers
                                10=uber spoilers that ruin the episode
                                For me personally it a overall type spoiler not specifics, but then your opinion mite not be the same as mine.

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                                I'd say they were a 6 or 7. I wouldn't recommend reading them considering you are so hesitant already.

But for me, the info at the spoilerTV link... Wow. I can't wait to see how this plays out for Rush's character. If done right that episode could be fantastic. And they're looking for ANOTHER star name!
                                Agreed!

Comment

Working...
                                X