Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ohnd View Post
    Was watching some of the Stargate Universe cast interview and didn't realise but Chloe Armstrong father, the Senator also goes through the gate to the Destiny, wonder what's going to happen to him.
    My best guess would be that he puts on a Red shirt then says goodbye to future screentime.

However I hope that something really interesting happens to him, rather than him just getting randomly killed. Maybe he gets left behind on a hostile planet due to the Destiny jumping into hyperspace? Or maybe he sacrifices himself to save his daughter and everyone else on the ship?
    sigpic
    Banner Made By Me for Me
    The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      Yeah, a website poll is not going to concern me. SGU will do just fine.
      I agree...but I'd still like to see the YES sticking it to the NO.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
        I agree...but I'd still like to see the YES sticking it to the NO.
        Me too as for the Senator MechaThor your probably right he will just get left behind then Chloe will get upset then Eli will comfort her then bang we have the first SGU SHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Made by the wonderful Lahela

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
          Hey all! I've just discovered this website called Stargate Archive.com and on it there is a poll asking "Will you watch Stargate Universe?". Now I've put my YES vote in and when the results came up I was staggered to see that 89% of voters (1645 people) have said NO...whilst only 8% of voters (152 people including me) have said YES!
          That's very diturbing! We'd better get over there and start voting! :-)

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
          Interesting. I guess it could be alarming, except the site itself appears to have a huge SGA bias, so a lot of them may be disgruntled SGA fans. I had certainly never heard of that site before.
          The site has been around for a while. It used to actually post full episodes of SG1 before they aired on Showtime (back in the day). IDK how they got the epsiodes, but they used to do that. Their survey is disturbing.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
            That's very diturbing! We'd better get over there and start voting! :-)

The site has been around for a while. It used to actually post full episodes of SG1 before they aired on Showtime (back in the day). IDK how they got the epsiodes, but they used to do that. Their survey is disturbing.
            Exactly what i said i might go over and vote like crazy later on but not know

Comment

Originally posted by sgu scotsman View Post
              exactly what i said i might go over and vote like crazy later on but not know :d
              let the voting begin!!!!
              sigpic

Comment

let the voting begin!!!!
                Hahaha ok give me a sec to go over some threads and all be right with ya

Comment

Originally posted by ohnd View Post
                  Was watching some of the Stargate Universe cast interview and didn't realise but Chloe Armstrong father, the Senator also goes through the gate to the Destiny, wonder what's going to happen to him.
                  Big Spoiler reguarding the Senator in SGU

Spoiler:
                  he dies in an early universe episode.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yes please everyone that reads this... Go to that website and vote yes for SGU.... Before I have a panic attack... Please!!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                      Yes please everyone that reads this... Go to that website and vote yes for SGU.... Before I have a panic attack... Please!!!!
                      I have for about 10-15mins lol dont know if my votes are counting or not

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                        I'm off to vote now!

I'm back after voting! It only lets you vote once. So, the 88% who voted "no" scare me!
                        Last edited by LtColCarter; 14 July 2009, 06:45 AM. Reason: after vote finidings
                        sigpic

Comment

So, the 88% who voted "no" scare me!
                          Why? All it means is that 88% of people who happened to vote on that site said they won't be watching it. Some might change their mind when the show starts. Other people who voted "Yes" mightn't like the show when they finally get to see it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                            Why? All it means is that 88% of people who happened to vote on that site said they won't be watching it. Some might change their mind when the show starts. Other people who voted "Yes" mightn't like the show when they finally get to see it.
                            You have a point they probably will watch lol

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                              This is true...but for a show to start off with so much hostility!! At least from those people on that weird website! LOL
                              sigpic

Comment

There is a lot of hostility towards SGU, from different sides. On one side you have the Atlantis fans who feel betrayed, and who feel this show will never live up to Atlantis. On the other, you have non-Stargate people who still associate this show very closely with the previous two, despite it seeming very different. I wouldn't worry about that stupid poll, the comments on sites other than Gateworld from people who aren't taking the time to learn enough about SGU are what should be more troubling, the people who still think it will be Stargate:90210 or some poor man's BSG, despite the fact that it has some fantastic actors, set designs, and seemingly storylines too (I would place Carlyle above the BSG cast, and I love most of the BSG cast, and I've heard fantastic things about Ming-Na and even the newbies).

Luckily, this show is being promoted better than it's siblings, and I expect a lot of people will tune in, and will enjoy it and stick with it, seeing that all this boll***s from certain corners is just unfounded bitterness.

Comment

Working...
                                X