Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who liked TAoT? (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wolf O'Donnell View Post
    I also just want to say that i feel that The Arc of Truth was a well done movie especially for people who are used to making a tv show rather then a movie. I thought the replicators was a cool addition to the story! i felt that it was something that the IOA would do to get rid of a threat like the Ori.

Hope i am not alone in my thoughts here but if i am that okay too.
    -O'
    Don't worry, I absolutely loved TAoT. Even though it's the classic "Oh, look, there's a cool Ancient device than can fix everything!" storyline, it still managed to be very good. Every character got a spotlight that showed his/her good qualities, and although there are some plot holes, I liked it a lot more than Continuum.
    sigpic
    ~the guitarists~

Comment

Well, I really love the movie.
      I would have prefered a season 11..(I guess everybody does)
      but the AoT was a good ending to the whole plot of the last two seasons.

Involving the Replicators was great.I hate and love those little buggers, so it was really great to see them again.
      I also, thought that having Cam fight them was a cool idea.As it was the first time he ever actually saw them while the others,except for Vala, had fought them before.

The speech frome Teal'c was overwhelming.I really got goosebumps when I heard that, Chris Judge really did a great job on that one, as usual.
      His walk over the mountains was another wonderful scene.I loved the Helicopter shots, definitly something they couldn't have done on the series.

The movie didn't really feel like a movie to me but more like a two-parter.Anyway that isn't really something bad because I loved the series, and it kinda felt like coming back to this really familiar place and old friends, which is actually something good.

After all, I can't really see why people would hate it, I guess there a few things to complain about, but the Stargate-atmosphere was there.And that's what matters
      Mr.Marrick:Why was I not notified that you had someone onboard with new intel about the Ori army activity?

Cam: Well, I'm sure I called for you. There was no answer.
      Oh wait.I may not have pressed the comm button all the way down.
      Wow, I must have looked stupid standing there talking to myself.
      Anyway, you'll excuse us.

Oh, I love Cam Mitchell

Comment

This movie stills amazes me every time I watch it.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Nope, you're not the only one who liked it. I did as well. I liked both the movies. I wish it could have been longer, or have been an 11th season, as you say, because there was a lot of stuff they didn't have time to get into, or had to brush over, but I enjoyed it greatly.

A lot of people gripe that it wasn't 'movie' enough, but I thought they did an astonishing amount will 7 million, for both films.

Comment

It wasn't entirelly bad, it's just I don't like the whole Ori storyline at all. SG-1 should've ended by last episode of 7th's season. Period!

Cpt. Jennifer J. Firali
            (soon to be host to Tok'ra Teal'auc )
            Member of SG-Aftermath RP group

Comment

It wasn't entirelly bad, it's just I don't like the whole Ori storyline at all. SG-1 should've ended by last episode of 7th's season. Period!
              Of course, the benefit to having seasons 8,9,and 10 rather than ending after season 7, is that many of us who enjoyed them very much were able to watch and you weren't forced to. Kind of win-win.

Comment

I really enjoyed it. I thought it was a great way to wrap up the Ori story. I just wish we could have had more scenes with Adria in it.

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                  Of course, the benefit to having seasons 8,9,and 10 rather than ending after season 7, is that many of us who enjoyed them very much were able to watch and you weren't forced to. Kind of win-win.
                  Heh, I have to step in and agree on this one. I'll admit I didn't start anywhere near the beginning of SG-1 -- I watched the last episode of the sixth season and went from there, in fact. But the eighth, ninth and tenth seasons remain three of my favorites, they really do. I felt there was a stronger characterization going on than many of the early seasons, and I thoroughly enjoyed both follow-up telefilms.

I got my girlfriend to sit through the first three episodes of the ninth season last night. She really liked them and wants to see the rest of the season. It's amusing, because it's so far into the show, but whatever. I really don't think had I shown her 'Children of the Gods' she would have been nearly as hooked. I thought the latter seasons just had an overall sense of refinement that picked up around years three and four and just got better and better for the most part.
                  If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
                    Heh, I have to step in and agree on this one. I'll admit I didn't start anywhere near the beginning of SG-1 -- I watched the last episode of the sixth season and went from there, in fact. But the eighth, ninth and tenth seasons remain three of my favorites, they really do. I felt there was a stronger characterization going on than many of the early seasons, and I thoroughly enjoyed both follow-up telefilms.

I got my girlfriend to sit through the first three episodes of the ninth season last night. She really liked them and wants to see the rest of the season. It's amusing, because it's so far into the show, but whatever. I really don't think had I shown her 'Children of the Gods' she would have been nearly as hooked. I thought the latter seasons just had an overall sense of refinement that picked up around years three and four and just got better and better for the most part.
                    I liked Ark of Truth for the most part, though there is only one thing I would have changed. Rather than fighting Replicators on the ship, they should have focused on a space battle with an armada of Ori motherships chasing and beating down the Odyssey. It would have nicely paralleled the spiritual struggle with Daniel, Vala, and the others down on Celestis. Instead, we got Sam and Mitchell fighting not the Ori per se but an enemy that had already been defeated.

Otherwise, I felt that that Ark of Truth nicely tied up the Ori story. It had some wonderful character moments, like Sam giving macaroons to Mitchell, and Teal'c's physical struggle out in the wilderness.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      This movie stills amazes me every time I watch it.
                      yeah, me too. But in the bad way
                      Stolen Kosovo
                      sigpic

Comment

Hi

I loved to see TAOT, I saw it now 5 times! I love how they could end the story with the Ori, it's a great movie!

http://freezeframe4vets.org/index.php
                        http://nanjana.livejournal.com

Comment

I liked the Ark of Truth and the Score was the best too.

Comment

I liked it just fine. I just think it would have been better to finish off the Ori storyline with a couple of seasons instead of the movie. But since we couldn't have that, I'm happy with what we got.
                            sigpic

Comment

I liked The Ark of Truth but it seemed....odd. I enjoyed the return of the Replicators, the IOA still showed their foolishness correctly. But the Ori seemed defeated so easily! I wished we got at least a Season 11, and Continuum as a bonus treat. It was pretty good though. The Mitchell fight scene was a little too drawn out...

Comment

when i first watched this film i was a little underwhelmed but i enjoy this movie more everytime i see it and now think it's great.
                                sigpic
                                The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X