Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who liked TAoT? (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
    This isn't "small stuff". Without the black hole, how do they power the gate? Deplete the ZPM aboard Odyssey? Not really a good idea.

As for Teal'c stripe being on the wrong side, that isn't laziness, it's carelessness.

They should know better than to be so careless when making something that thousands of nit-picky dorks (myself included) are going to be scrutinizing so closely.

While I understand your frustration and respect your right to have it I want to point out that even though the black hole supergate thing may be integral for the science behind the gate to work I do not think it takes away from the story. Sometimes you need to displace reality and focus on the story itself and the point of the story.

As for the Teal'c stripe on the wrong side (for the record i am re watching the movie and cant see where his stripe is on the wrong side) I think it is another one of those things where you just need to focus on the story. I honestly dont think it is a big enough "goof" to take you out of the movie.
    Another explanation of the stripe mishap might just be that the crew was focusing on something bigger like Chris geting into character or working on an upcoming stunt. Who knows...

I would like to thank you for voicing your opinion without attacking cast and crew left and right.
    I hope the next movie works better for you.

O'd

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf O'Donnell View Post
      I hope the next movie works better for you.
      Oh I love AoT. I'll love Continuum, too. I love Stargate. I'm just a bit OCPD so this stuff bothers me. It doesn't stop me from liking the show, but whenever I see it, the errors will come to mind and I'll roll my eyes.

I mean, I'll re-print an entire page of text that has no use other than to be meeting notes because I'll mis-hyphenate a word or something. I'm the only one who'll ever see it, but it bothers me so I have to fix it.

Comment

I as 90% satisfied with the movie. Definately loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
          I very much enjoyed the Ark of truth. This coming from someone who hated S9 and 10. I thought the movie was well done - action, adventure and nicely done ending to the story line. I'n not saying everything was great about it, but there was certainly more than enough great thing to make it enjoyable.
          I'll weigh in with Gate Geek. I didn't expect to like AoT. I didn't like S9, found S10 to be so-so, and have not as yet felt the need or inclination to watch either a second time. That being said, AoT was very good. Every character had a part to play that focused on their strengths, Cam and Vala didn't annoy me, the story flowed well and the special effects were top notch. I'll probably even watch it again.
          sigpic

Comment

Well I expected to be entertained and I was not disappointed

I had a blast watching AoT

I giggled, I laughed out loud, I got misty and I was just plain enjoying myself. What more can I ask from a TV Show?? not much in my opinion. They delivered a decent bit of work here and I definitely didn't mind buying my DVD to support more of this sort of epic story type.

I enjoyed that in the end SG-1 always finds a way or its found for them. I don't watch anything to be bummed out or to have *art imitate life* so SG-1 delivered all I could ask for.

I especially enjoyed Cam's fight scene...He did an excellent job of bringing just the right amount of frustrated humor into those scenes...I think after all of these years of having *perfect captains* in the main chair Cam has become my new favorite..."Make it go" LOLOL

Teal'c..what can I say about CJ and that moment with Tomin...CJ can make you believe when given the material.. I was just rivoted for a moment to my screen and the gentleman who played Tomin...the display of dispair, self loathing and sorrow he was able to convey just with his face...WOW

Daniel and Vala just work well together in my opinion they have a natural back and forth banter and chemistry that keeps the scenes moving no matter what is happening.

The SFX were wonderful
            and the granduer of the scenery was incredible. I can see now why CJ was in awe of the mountains when he saw it on screen...What a beautiful place.

sadly...I normally tune out the music scores...sorry Joel...so I can't say much about the music..except..Did I hear the Original SG score at the beginning of the movie? or was that just me.

overall as I said I had a blast watching this and came away feeling like I was entertained.
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I liked AoT, too. It didn't take my breath away, but it was still good. I've watched it already 3 or 4 times and I like it more and more. I love the Ori story and music is something beyond amazing. One surprising thing was Teal'c's character development. He is THE MAN. The conversation with Tomin and he's journey to Celestes... I admire him now. A lot more than before.
              It was good to see the Ancients finally helping. This movie had some goofs and many questions remained unanswered, but I prefer talking how much I liked it rather than talking down. I'm satisfied. It was worth the wait and money.
              sigpic

Comment

it was awesome, and the idea to split the team into the techie actiony story with sam and cam, and the mythology main arc story with dan, t, and v.... brilliant!!
                Spoiler:
                Disclaimer:
                I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                Quotes!
                - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                sigpic

Comment

Oh fercryinoutloud! I really feel sorry for you who see these little plot 'holes' as something worth hating a movie over!

Didja ever think that TPTB put those in there as a sort of scavenger hunt for us long time fans? We do not want stupidity but we do like inside jokes. I consider these as a prize for our many years of support. Did any of you consider that? Kinda puts a on it now, doesn't it? A reward for loyalty, missed by new viewers.

9-11, Bush, Iraq, death, Katrina, tornados, recession, unemployment, no insurance, foreclosure, etc. These are todays realities and at 53, I am getting to a point in life where reality is something I wish to avoid in my entertainment choices!

Stargate has been there with us to make us smile and think of alternate ways of life. It is called escapism kids! When the show starts I crank up the 5.1 and zone. I forget any spoilers and I try not to overanalyze. Let your mind go and get into the show. Also watch these on the biggest screen possible. It makes a world of difference. If you can read the uniform patches, you made it!

I refuse to watch any sitcoms or other reality junk. They are all unfunny contrived pap. Stargate makes me actually laugh on an intelligent level.

Save words like hate for lima beans and okra!

This doesn't mean you can't have 'creative suggestions' or express feelings other than all positive, but it's a TV show. It is make believe and they do have a limited budget. Before you know it, our beloved explorers will be too old and SG1 will be like the original Star Trek crew. There comes a point when it is simply not realistic any more. It is gone forever!

So please be encouraging so we may get as many episodes as we can before there is simply 'THE END'!

"So say we all"?

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                    Well I expected to be entertained and I was not disappointed

I had a blast watching AoT

I giggled, I laughed out loud, I got misty and I was just well together in my opinion they have a natural back and forth banter and chemistry that keeps the scenes moving no matter what is happening.
                    Agreed. Michael and Claudia have a perfect on screen chemistry.

The SFX were wonderful
                    and the granduer of the scenery was incredible. I can see now why CJ was in awe of the mountains when he saw it on screen...What a beautiful place.
                    Agreed. I really need to take a vacation up there.

sadly...I normally tune out the music scores...sorry Joel...
                    The music is always very dramatic I couldn't tune it out if I wanted to, but I always have loved classic orchestral music.

so I can't say much about the music..except..Did I hear the Original SG score at the beginning of the movie? or was that just me.
                    Sorta. It was a modified score. It was the original music from the movie combined with new music .
                    overall as I said I had a blast watching this and came away feeling like I was entertained.
                    Same here.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I really enjoyed AOT but still I have to gripe about somthing.

Comment

I did not like The Aot.
                        ...Too bad for me I guess.
                        "Prepare to meet your DOOM."

"It's not about making money, it's about taking money. Destroying the status quo, because the status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to...rule it."

GADZOOKS

Comment

I really loved The Ark of Truth! Very cinematic experience and great way to end the Ori storyline. Well worth the wait and I'm sure Continuum will be as well.
                          sigpic

Jaffa Kree!

Comment

i though this movie was phenomenal considering that they had a low budget for a movie and used to making movie like tv shows!!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

I liked it. I don't think people behind Stargate should be considered lazy. They are hard working, smart bunch and we should always give them our respect. Great soundtrack made for the movie. Could the overall things be a bit better? The answer is maybe..yes. But we cannot speculate how this should have been done. We can give our 2 cents worth. The movie is a finished product and even though it is possible that anything can be remade, this version pretty much set it in stone.
                              I really liked the Ori conclusion. We sometimes fail to see the big picture. And in my opinion that sometimes our beliefs overshadow our perceptions about things. We should open ourselves to other options and possibilities in life.

Comment

I thought it was amazing
                                || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Working...
                                X