Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who liked TAoT? (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved "The Ark of Truth." I was very pleased with how the transition from TV to film was done very well and the conclusion of the Ori story arc was done extremely well.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Well I loved it, my husband loved it and my kids loved it. I also know a lot of people here and elsewhere loved it too.
      sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

I loved it. Thought it was a great conclusion to the Ori storyline. Movie had a great pace, great special effects, and great acting. 10/10 from me.

Comment

The acting was great, the humor in it is somethign that never gets old. I liked the movie although i had the feeling the rushed it abit, the visions daniel got were a quick way to lead them to the ark. No mysterie to solve, i hoped there would be one. But what else is there to be expected, the budget was limited and the timeframe of 1.5 hour doesn't leave much room for a great mysterie to be solved. Overall it was a nice movie
          Study the great, they wil enlighten your soul

Comment

No!

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf O'Donnell View Post
              I was just reading another "Errors" thread and it really just seemed like small stuff such as no black whole being near the supergate or teal'c white stripe being on the wrong side.
              This isn't "small stuff". Without the black hole, how do they power the gate? Deplete the ZPM aboard Odyssey? Not really a good idea.

As for Teal'c stripe being on the wrong side, that isn't laziness, it's carelessness.

They should know better than to be so careless when making something that thousands of nit-picky dorks (myself included) are going to be scrutinizing so closely.

Comment

Enjoyed this movie very much, thought it a satisfying conclusion to the Orii saga, which I don't think I could have lived through 8 years of....not as much fun as the Goa'ulds.

Looking forward to many more, and more with RDA!

Comment

I really enjoyed the movie, from beginning to end. Sure, there were a few things I would have liked to see (or not see), but that would be nitpicking. I don't quite understand people who nitpick...seems too me too much of that just ruins your enjoyment of a movie that's supposed to be entertaining.

The whole "black hole not near the supergate" thing is a bit lame to be complaining about. That wasn't the point of the story they were trying to tell. If it was, things would be different, but it wasn't.

Although, I wished for more Adria and a little less replicators, as someone above mentioned. But overall, excellent wrap-up to the last couple seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                    This isn't "small stuff". Without the black hole, how do they power the gate? Deplete the ZPM aboard Odyssey? Not really a good idea.

As for Teal'c stripe being on the wrong side, that isn't laziness, it's carelessness.

They should know better than to be so careless when making something that thousands of nit-picky dorks (myself included) are going to be scrutinizing so closely.
                    The black hole, well, I just figured that the Supergate had some OTHER power source... I just filled in the blanks with something that hasn't really formulated in my mind. Maybe a self-refilling ZPM built into the Supergate somewhere. I rather enjoy trying to find ways around continuity glitches.

Bigger question to me is why is it that the Asgard machine can create Replicators, why then can't it make ZPM's?

Yeah, the stripe thing's rather silly, but I enjoyed the scene and the music moves me so much in that sequence that I can ignore it.

I watch things like Stargate and Star Trek to be entertained. I don't WANT to watch the show looking for its failings so that I can turn around and express to everyone why something sucked and you'd better agree with me or you are going to be soooooo pwnd (whatever the heck THAT means) by my comeback!

Comment

Originally posted by e7of7 View Post
                      Hey Everybody,

Wow, what's with all the negative reactions? I liked the movie & wish it were longer.
                      I figure, if there's more to like than not- it's a win.
                      Some live to pick.

I'm not a watcher of SG1, so I started at a little of a loss while viewing it, but I quickly got up to speed (Thanks to SGA & the 9 minute prologue provided on AoT).
                      So, did I like it?
                      Yes and no (mostly yes).
                      I have no special fondness for Mr. Browder, although he is a capable actor (Ben fans please don't send Replicators my way!). Ms. Black, OTOH, is a joy. She's a born scene-stealer!
                      I found myself enjoying it more than some of the more lackluster SGA eps (not that there are many for me), and the FX were spot on. The Ori were cool, but the Replicator action was GREAT!!!
                      All in all, quite worth it.
                      Hardcore SG1 fan's mileage may vary.

I will buy the next movie, but season 4 of SGA is what I'm really drooling over.

Shep's my manisall
                      Late to the Gate

Comment

Ok guys, I was going to write my super-long positive review of AoT on here, but I wanted to put some more happy posts on the General Discussion thread to help balance all the 'haters' So, if you are at ALL interested in my opinion (won't take is personally if you aren't! ), that's where my detailed response is!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post

Um the black hole is only needed to initially activate the supergate so not a plot hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                            Um the black hole is only needed to initially activate the supergate so not a plot hole.
                            What do they use for a power source if not a black hole?

And did the gate move? Does it have thrusters?

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                              Well then I'm confused. I thought the black hole was to maintain the wormhole. Not dial the Supergate itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
                                Well then I'm confused. I thought the black hole was to maintain the wormhole. Not dial the Supergate itself.
                                Carter said in Beachead I think that the black hole was needed to power the gate and then be used to allow them to maintain a connection indefinatly. They wouldn't need an active black hole to keep it powered.

Comment

Working...
                                X