Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who liked TAoT? (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really enjoyed AoT!!!loved the soundtrack too!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
      it was awesome, and the idea to split the team into the techie actiony story with sam and cam, and the mythology main arc story with dan, t, and v.... brilliant!!
      I thought things were handled well in that respect too.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf O'Donnell View Post
        I am sure most of you noticed that i am new to the forum and for the record I have never felt the need to make an account and post anything until I saw the amount of hate for not only The Ark of Truth but also the hate and accusations of laziness for the writers and producers and although i believe that everyone has a right to there own opinion i feel the need to ask the question: "if you hate the writers and producers then why watch the show?"
        After watching the special features I see only every member of the cast and crew giving there all for something they all cared about.

I also just want to say that i feel that The Arc of Truth was a well done movie especially for people who are used to making a tv show rather then a movie. I thought the replicators was a cool addition to the story! i felt that it was something that the IOA would do to get rid of a threat like the Ori.

Hope i am not alone in my thoughts here but if i am that okay too.
        -O'
        I liked it. The guest stars were probably two of the best we've had (Tomin & the IOA Rep.). I saw it as a really good episode, with cinematic qualities. I thought Chris Judge was extremely good, more noticeably than in most of the series' episodes. Shanks was very good as usual. Browder, as he said played the "action guy"/"not so powerful warrior," with a better performance than any of his S9/10 work. Morgan/Sarah was very good. Carter had a small role so I wouldn't say Amanda gave a standout performance, but as good as could be done based on her role. And Claudia's was comparable to her normal performances. I thought Bridges had his best scenes of the entire series in the movie.

That being said, it would've died if released in theaters. For what it was, it was quite good, about as good as SG-1 can be without Jack.

My only strong criticism is that they dropped the Arthurian angle after the S10 opener. It would've been impossible to incorporate all of that into a single movie, so personally, I would've preferred a miniseries that was immersed in Arturian mythology. Obviously with the "Arthur's return prophecy" from the S9/10 two-parter they thought about exploring it, but decided against it.

A 6-hour mini-series with a lot of adventure and exploration relating to Arthur & co. would've been better, imo. (I know we had Merlin & Morgan, but they essentially played two aliens with the same names as Arthurian characters).
        sigpic
        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
        ~David Hewlett

Comment

i loved that movie, it was kool
          sigpic
          100 million light years away from earth:
          Doh!

please click the eggs or they will die . You don't want to be a killer do u?

Comment

It was all right for a rewrite of a previous story script.

Episode 8's "The Reckoning prts 1 & 2" were just rewritten into "The Ark of Truth". It was anti-climatic.

Comment

I thought The Ark of Truth was a letdown for two reasons:

1.) The Replicator B-story was a waste of time a resources that could have been better spent elsewhere and felt like a design to keep half of the cast occupied doing something else.

2.) The Ark of Truth is the very definition of deus ex machina. It was like the writers said, "We need to end a war that spans two galaxies in two hours. How do we do that?" And someone piped up, "How about a box that shines light in their face and tells them everything they believe was wrong?" Responds first guy, "Brilliant!"

It was dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb. And, really, should have turned me off to the Stargate franchise permanently. It goes to show that the writers of the franchise will do nothing that has any real and lasting value. Main characters don't die (unless the writers can't figure out what to do with them) and conflicts of great consequence are not immune from the writers says, "We don't want to do this anymore... even if the new direction doesn't make sense."

I'm sorry, but the franchise just isn't that good anymore. I'm not upset that the good guys always win. I'm upset that they never earn that victory. They never pay a real cost.

Stargate is turning into Star Trek under Berman and Braga. Now it's all they can do to not upset the balance.

That means it's time for the writers that have been with the show for 10 years to go, and we need to get new blood in there if the franchise is going to have any lasting value.

You know, unless you like knowing you guys will never suffer a real bloody nose and odds are a character you like that "died" will be back next season.

Frankly, Battlestar Galactica has shown me what poor writing that is. I squealed in glee with Carson died. Not because I didn't like him. But because I thought the writers were learning and in a place like Atlantis bad things happen and people die in tragic accidents for no good reason.

Then, wouldn't you know, there's a Carson clone out there.

Fantastic...

Comment

I thought it was a great film, you could see parts where the budget was better. and some scenes, like Mitchel Vs Replicator were pretty darn cool. sure, the film could have been better.. eg. a decent space fight but all in all i really enjoyed the film. i think people just got their expectations way to high and got let down by the film a bit, but i personally enjoyed it
                "There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind"

Woolsey: That sounded like another explosion.
                O'Neill: Yes. Yes it did.
                Woolsey: What does that mean?
                O'Neill: Something exploded...

sigpic

Comment

I only really bothered with AoT because Sky aired it over here. And still, given that it centred on the Ori storyline which I was hit and miss on, they did a very good job!
                  I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

AoT Soundtrack: Loved it!
                    AoT Effects: Great!
                    AoT Acting: Superb!
                    AoT Storyline: ...

I liked the movie, but I absolutely hated the plot...
                    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

STARGATE: The Ark of Truth was a great movie. The writers have been doing a great job for 10 years, and they are still doing a great job. Its good that they don't get rid of people for good, because it wouldn't be the same without any of them.

The special effects were incredible, and the fight between Mitchell and the repli-thing was great.

Overall, EVERYTHING about the movie I liked. The dumbest part was the fight between Adria and Morgan. But even that I didn't really mind.

If you actually HATED TAOT, I don't think you actually like stargate that much lol.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Airsoftguy View Post
                        STARGATE: The Ark of Truth was a great movie. The writers have been doing a great job for 10 years, and they are still doing a great job. Its good that they don't get rid of people for good, because it wouldn't be the same without any of them.

The special effects were incredible, and the fight between Mitchell and the repli-thing was great.

Overall, EVERYTHING about the movie I liked. The dumbest part was the fight between Adria and Morgan. But even that I didn't really mind.

If you actually HATED TAOT, I don't think you actually like stargate that much lol.
                        right now, I hate Stargate
                        Stolen Kosovo
                        sigpic

Comment

I didn't hate the movie, I just thought it could of been better. I mean the main conclusion to the Ori storyline came in the episode The Shroud. I was hoping in the movie the Alterans would abandon their pacifism and go to war with the Ori, but instead we got the replicators.

Comment

Finally got to watch AOT and I'm joining this camp.

Going to have to watch it a second time without my son. He's 8 and asks too many questions! Will be watching the 2nd movie with my son too.

I thought they did a good job of tying up loose ends. It was great to see the team together again. Made me miss new episodes of SG-1. Working on watching Season 5 of SGA with my son so haven't gotten to the end of that yet and will soon be missing new episodes of SGA.
                            Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

I liked The Ark of Truth! It does frustrate me that TPTB are so set on saying that movies are a broader scope, because in storytelling TV seasons are a much broader scope. I do wish we'd gotten an eleventh season on SG-1, and I just think of how the Ori storyline would have unfolded in 22 episodes instead of a two-hour movie, but I enjoy Ark of Truth a lot and think that over all, it was handled very well. Definitely in this camp, LOL.
                              sigpic
                              Much thanks to Snowball for the banner! Many thanks to Cazzblade for the avatar!!
                              I'm a 60%er!
                              ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                                right now, I hate Stargate
                                *Gaaaasp!* EVIL!

Originally posted by Iawen View Post
                                I liked The Ark of Truth! It does frustrate me that TPTB are so set on saying that movies are a broader scope, because in storytelling TV seasons are a much broader scope. I do wish we'd gotten an eleventh season on SG-1, and I just think of how the Ori storyline would have unfolded in 22 episodes instead of a two-hour movie, but I enjoy Ark of Truth a lot and think that over all, it was handled very well. Definitely in this camp, LOL.
                                That's so true! Everything in the movies just seem like two parter episodes. If the show was still going, the fan response would've been much better. People just have high expectations for movies.

Personally, I liked it! When it was over though, I felt like it'd been cut a bit short...but I didn't mind!

Comment

Working...
                                X