Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
    they were drunk and were sleeping, that's why nobody was in the Celestis
    It could also be that the Doci doesn't believe that Celestis is in danger of infiltration hence the light guards.

no, but she could have hurt Daniel or Teal'c. She was only stupid. She was one of the biggest dissapointment in AoT.
    Not IMHO.

I think Cooper said in an interview that Adria and Morgan are trapped in a never ending battle. But I could be wrong.
    You might be right, though I thought he said the opposite.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
      Well...Anubis and Oma are still fighting it out, it's safe to assume the the same rules go for all ascended...unless Cooper decides diferently.
      sigpic

Comment

Agreed though I don't think the Oma/Anubis thing is the same as Morgan/Adria. Oma and Anubis were locked in a never ending battle because their power was equal. In this case Morgan had the advantage and I think they were both destroyed not locked in a never ending battle.
        I thought they were locked in a never ending battle because the Others wouldn't let either be destroyed. Oma is certainly more powerful that Anubis, isn't she? Whereas the others wouldn't care about stopping Adria from being destroyed, especially in another galaxy and all.

Comment

Originally posted by Liam Kincaid View Post
          I thought they were locked in a never ending battle because the Others wouldn't let either be destroyed. Oma is certainly more powerful that Anubis, isn't she?
          No they were both of equal power and it would take the collective power of the others to destroy him.
          Whereas the others wouldn't care about stopping Adria from being destroyed, especially in another galaxy and all.
          The Ascended plane is not really in either galaxy but it's likely that alone all she can do is keep her busy.

Comment

I took theater in college so I do know the basics which I feel were followed in AoT.
            A theatrical military man! Dude, you are a catch!

A "love letter"? Hmm, somewhat lacking in hearts, flowers and yummy chocs, then. Where were the tasty goodies? It felt more like a 'take a big pay cut' notification

ETA: Damn, Jedi's "Dear John" analogy is better than mine. grrr.
            Last edited by scarimor; 22 April 2008, 12:45 AM.
            scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass View Post
              Well, I don't try to figure out movies as I watch them. I just watch them. For instance, when I watch mysteries, I just let the story unfold and don't try to figure out who did it. But that's me.
              Well, I didn't try to figure it out either. There wasn't anything of substance to figure out, after all.

As far as who else would Merlin be -- why would he have to be anyone? I jus thought he was a vision that Merlin had left behind in Daniel's mind. I didn't expect him to be an entirely separate person in disguise.
              Given what happened in season 10, and that this movie was touted as a wrap up, didn't you think pretty much straight away that it was our Morganny friend? Not an inkling?

And yes, plot twists can be figured out ahead of time. Doesn't mean they still aren't plot twists.
              Yeh, but it kind of has to be unexpected to be a twist, and also developed from an established element. Now, it fits the latter criteria (unlike the Replicator stuff), but its unexpectedness is hardly strong (see above). But I grant you, if you really had no inkling who the image was from, then it would be a twist for you.
              Last edited by scarimor; 22 April 2008, 12:45 AM.
              scarimor

Comment

It could also be that the Doci doesn't believe that Celestis is in danger of infiltration hence the light guards.
                light guards? There weren't no guards. Only Doci and stupid Adria. Those two priors who brought Vala were probably sleeping, no Ori soldiers. Makes no sense.
                Stolen Kosovo
                sigpic

Comment

his interview here on GW

GW: Back to Morgan's final, climactic battle with Adria: The way that it was depicted on screen, was that meant to indicate a mutually-assured destruction of the two, or to remind us of the never-ending battle that still wages between Anubis and Oma ("Threads")?

RCC: My interpretation of what happened was that they basically started to fight in our realm of existence, because they were appearing to us, but then essentially continued to fight on the ascended level in the same way that Anubis and Oma did.

GW: So now that they are evenly matched ...

RCC: Yeah, they're still fighting! Basically Morgan sacrificed herself to eternally distract Adria from being able to continue her evil ways.
                  Stolen Kosovo
                  sigpic

Comment

light guards? There weren't no guards. Only Doci and stupid Adria. Those two priors who brought Vala were probably sleeping, no Ori soldiers. Makes no sense.
                    Why would there be any guards?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                      Why would there be any guards?
                      because it's a city of their gods. Even Vatican has few guards.
                      Stolen Kosovo
                      sigpic

Comment

That's my point though, why bother having guards when you've got a city full of priors and ascended beings?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                          That's my point though, why bother having guards when you've got a city full of priors and ascended beings?
                          they should have guarded prisoners. And where were the priors?
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

they should have guarded prisoners. And where were the priors?
                            No, they shouldn't have guarded the prisoners! They should have killed them all....

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                              A theatrical military man! Dude, you are a catch!
                              I did more than go to ROTC in college you know.

Comment

That's the point it's a holy city and the Doci and the Priors could deal with any threat and they didn't think the city could be breached.

Comment

Working...
                                X