No announcement yet.

Disappointed with the Arc of Truth? Spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does using the AOT on the prior's depower adria enough that morgan has a chance in a fight? Doesn't the power come from the worship of the followers and not the priors

Comment

Originally posted by Hypochondriac View Post
      How does using the AOT on the prior's depower adria enough that morgan has a chance in a fight? Doesn't the power come from the worship of the followers and not the priors
      The proirs could act as converters, and funnels, if not full generators in a sense, taking that power that was given to them by the followers and channeling it back at the Ori/ Adria.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
        It's quite simple. If they would have used P-90 againts that bug, they would have killed it and Cooper would have been forced to devise another story(or to spread out the Ori part). Lazy writing. That's all.
        I concur

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
          It's quite simple. If they would have used P-90 againts that bug, they would have killed it and Cooper would have been forced to devise another story(or to spread out the Ori part). Lazy writing. That's all.
          Are you talking about that mamma queen bug thta was making all the new replicators?

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
            Are you talking about that mamma queen bug thta was making all the new replicators?
            I think it was in reference to the original one that was made by the Asgard device by diptwerp.

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe View Post
              I think it was in reference to the original one that was made by the Asgard device by diptwerp.
              You have a point then.

Comment

You have a point then.
                Well, that is what I was thinking about when I agreed with him/her. And that is the one I was referring to when I agreed with the comment.

Comment

Well, that is what I was thinking about when I agreed with him/her. And that is the one I was referring to when I agreed with the comment.
                  Alright, I thought you were talking about the queen that Mitchell placed a C-4 outside of at the end before he met Merrick.

Comment

Alright, I thought you were talking about the queen that Mitchell placed a C-4 outside of at the end before he met Merrick.
                    Oh yeah, no P90 on the queen. That one would definitely need the C4. Though, I never have figured out why the badguys don't destroy the detonators or devices instead of just tossing them aside.

Comment

The proirs could act as converters, and funnels, if not full generators in a sense, taking that power that was given to them by the followers and channeling it back at the Ori/ Adria.
                      I don't remember seeing the Priors die or staves explode.

The only way to weaken Adria is to erase the faith, aka saying it's BS.

You're not allowed to believe in a nice version of Origin. Origin is just plain bad, don't believe in it.

Apply this to islam for example.
                      The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

yes, I was talking about the first bug. They could have ended our suffering by killing it in the beginning
                        Stolen Kosovo
                        sigpic

Comment

I have to say I'm very disappointed with the movie as well. Honestly I wouldn't even call it a movie more like an extended episode nothing epic or even movie worthy. I was so hoping to see more about the ancient and Ori conflict but nothing that we really haven't known. Personally I think with this whole big budget thing was really just to pay for the main cast nothing more.
                          For me the best thing about the " Ark of truth " would have to be Morgan, everything else was just boring.
                          I beginning to feel that Stargate is becoming stale like startrek it's really loosing it's juice lol.
                          sigpic

Comment

It really felt like a two-parter episode and not a movie, and definately not a good two-parter either. Everything except the Replicator problem seemed to go far too smooth, like Adria leaving Vala completely alone in the room with the ark and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by travis View Post
                              I have to say I'm very disappointed with the movie as well. Honestly I wouldn't even call it a movie more like an extended episode nothing epic or even movie worthy. I was so hoping to see more about the ancient and Ori conflict but nothing that we really haven't known. Personally I think with this whole big budget thing was really just to pay for the main cast nothing more.
                              For me the best thing about the " Ark of truth " would have to be Morgan, everything else was just boring.
                              I beginning to feel that Stargate is becoming stale like startrek it's really loosing it's juice lol.
                              Cooper, Malozzi & Co have just become like Berman & Bragga of Trek. Writers/producers who stayed way too long with the franchise and drove it into the ground. AOT reeks of staleness and you see why the initial series met its end.
                              Honestly, i expect Continuum to be worse than AOT; same writers, same lame story ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by david2708 View Post
                                Cooper, Malozzi & Co have just become like Berman & Bragga of Trek. Writers/producers who stayed way too long with the franchise and drove it into the ground. AOT reeks of staleness and you see why the initial series met its end.
                                Honestly, i expect Continuum to be worse than AOT; same writers, same lame story ideas.
                                To be fair
                                1. 'Continuum' is BW's baby
                                2. 'AOT' turned out to be a success profit-wise

Comment

Working...
                                X