Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last thing before bed. Did it seem to anyone else that the prior controlling the ORI ship engaged with Odyssey looked exactly like the one Mitchell blasted with the Ori staff weapon on Dakara?

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      [CENTER]I have to say that the new human form Replicator was very disturbing. He looked like something out of a horror movie. I wonder if their is such a thing as Mitchell whumpers on this forum. If so I think they get too much whumping for that character. After the battle between Mitchell and RepliGrahm, there was blood all over his face. It was almost too gruesome for me. Credit to the stunt coordinator on the fight between Mitchell and RepliGarhm.
      lol That whole thing reminded me of Cam fighting the zombies in '200'
      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Weapons To Maximum View Post
        Last thing before bed. Did it seem to anyone else that the prior controlling the ORI ship engaged with Odyssey looked exactly like the one Mitchell blasted with the Ori staff weapon on Dakara?
        You're right! Same guy. There's a continuity issue for you.
        Theoretically spoilerish:
        Spoiler:
        Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          I wonder if their is such a thing as Mitchell whumpers on this forum. If so I think they get too much whumping for that character. After the battle between Mitchell and RepliGrahm, there was blood all over his face. It was almost too gruesome for me. Credit to the stunt coordinator on the fight between Mitchell and RepliGarhm.
          I was thinking the same thing! I've never seen a Mitchell whump thread, but I kept thinking of how jealous the Shep whumpers must be.
          - Life after Stargate -
          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
          sigpic

Comment

When I saw the Ancient heal Teal'c, I was really hoping that it was not Morgan and that we were about to see a full on Ancient vs. Adria fight.

Even though the Replicator battle dragged on forever, I feel like this movie was without a good fight scene. I mean, the Cam / Replicator one was pretty good, but it didn't blow my socks off. I was looking for something like the Odyssey vs 4 Ori ships, or better yet an intense Ancient presence. I got replicators.

I'm really looking forward to Continuum.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
              Well now wait, they installed the asgard beams because they were probably already constructed and ready to simply bold on, same with the core. In the short amount of time they had though I doubt they were able to construct a new shield generator for the ship. They wouldnt be able to just install one from an oneill class ship, probably be way too big but Im guessing in the core were instructions on how to build it for the deady. It makes sense that we got all their knowledge and then soon after our shields are ALOT better, I really doubt its just a coincidence or a mistake. AS for the asgard ship that was destroyed,it wasnt an oneil, it was simply a smaller science vessel that looked like an oneil. And Im pretty sure it wasnt destroyed because it wasnt in the wreakage and the asgard on board Im pretty sure showed up later in the next episode.
              They installed more then the beams, they installed the asgard core, the whole "all we are and have etc", Thor said a number of asgard would beam aboard to begin upgrading our systems i beleive, i could be mistaken. and it is more reasonable to beleive that we would have no way to upgrade our shields unless the core did it itself, and in that case they would have been upgraded in the final because we could not turn on the computer core without attracting the ori, so we wouldnt be able to upgrade our shields to an oneil class. And wouldnt Carter have thought of that upgrading the shields, they would have been powerfull enough to take the shot then.

We dont know that it wasnt an oneil? It looked exactly like one, and we know that size means nothing in fx on sg. And they could always clone the asgard again, and it seems bothering that if it did survive, why it would leave and not help with search and rescue.

If they had the reps surround our powercore like they had done to goauld ships then i would have found it more beleivable, it just seems to be the biggest thing bugging me about the movie at this point.
              sigpic

Surely you cant be serious, I am serious and dont call me shirly.

Danmit. What is it Oneil? I forgot to tape the simpsons .... Its important to me

Sir i think you have gone mad with power.
              Ofcourse I have, have you ever gone mad without power, its no fun, noone listens to you

Comment

Just finished watching TAoT. Really, really enjoyed it!!

Fave parts:

Things that go boom! LOTS of things that go boom!

Adria - wow, she's all flamey! Very, very cool effect!

Damn, the replicators are still scary - creepy, crawly - after all these years!

...and everything else.

"They're creepy and they're crawly and they look like they're from Star Trek" -- Crabs by Stranglmartin

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

I love the movie. It was like visting old friends. I could have done without the replicators but all and all I enjoyed. I think it was well worth the money. I think that if Jack was in the movie it would have been wonderful. I just can't get into Cam. I like him but it just always seem forced to me. Maybe I just miss RDA. Is there any chance that he would be in any of the SG1 movies? If not, is it because he won't do it or TPTB don't want him to? Still, can't wait until the next movie.

Comment

Just finished watching it, I luvd it!

Comment

Originally posted by Mekarri View Post
                      I love the movie. It was like visting old friends. I could have done without the replicators but all and all I enjoyed. I think it was well worth the money. I think that if Jack was in the movie it would have been wonderful. I just can't get into Cam. I like him but it just always seem forced to me. Maybe I just miss RDA. Is there any chance that he would be in any of the SG1 movies? If not, is it because he won't do it or TPTB don't want him to? Still, can't wait until the next movie.

Don't worry my friend, RDA is going to make a hefty guest appearance in the next movie Stargate: Continuum coming in July!!!!

Comment

I would say it was fun, but it wasn't as good as some SG-1 episodes I've seen.

The first thing I wondered at the beginning of the movie was what the HECK a snowless village with fresh fruit and vegetables being sold outside was doing at an altitude that should have been snow-covered. Maybe the Ancients had a device to keep their village warm and toasty.

Gee, and apparently the medieval era with all its trappings started in another galaxy 1,000,000 years ago and has remained frozen and unchanged ever since. Uh-huh.

TPTB once again fail basic geology. 1,000,000 years after the Ancients left, the only thing different about the mountain is that it now has a lush forest growing on it. Right.

Teal'c trekking across the mountains was kind of cool, but the music was really over the top. That skunk stripe still looks ridiculous.

I wondered how long it would be before TPTB made replicator zombies. Seriously. And now here we are.

I really thought Tomin was going to die. I was pleasantly surprised that they let him live.
                        [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

Originally posted by AscendedTauri View Post
                          Don't worry my friend, RDA is going to make a hefty guest appearance in the next movie Stargate: Continuum coming in July!!!!
                          I thought it is more then a guest, I thought he is starring in it? I try to read as little spoilers as possible but in what I have read he is getting top billing in the credits unless I am mistaken.

Comment

More continuity issues:

Teal'c has gray hair swapping from side to side on the shots...if you see it several times, the white hair changes sides..

ALSO.....so excited about toilet seats beating the crap out of Wraith motherships.

Comment

Not my favorite Stargate story, but well worth doing! A little deux ex machina, but I can forgive them that because they had to wrap up so much so soon, and the rest of the story was very well done. I was really enjoying myself all the way through, but that scene with Morgan and Daniel had me tearing up a bit. Most of the film felt action adventurey, with the classic Stargate humorous bits, but that scene—wow. Great acting on both sides, and I'm glad we got a conclusion to that dangling thread from Pegasus Project.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                              ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Woo-hoo!

My pre-order copy arrived yesterday, and I've watched the movie twice, and all of the featurettes at least once.

Terrific movie! Beautiful photography, gorgeous music, and the SG1 playing as a band again!

Redemption has long been a theme of Stargate, since the original movie, and I'm glad that Tomin found redemption in the movie (even Marrick earned a little - but not much).

I was a bit surprised at the complete lack of remorse by Vala about what appears to be the complete termination of Adria.

Nice callback with the macaroon scene between Cam and Sam, a nice reference to "Line in the Sand," and also that scene WAY back with Sam and Daniel (Forever in a Day). Nice friendship scene with Sam and Cam.

EDIT: @ 11:52 -- Oh, I forgot to mention: When Amelius (the, uh, un-descended Ancient) was setting the code of The Ark of Truth, and the other Ancient came to get him to leave...Amelius says, "Oh, I forgot my notebook," and return to pick up his notebook, which is open..showing a drawing of a...Stargate and glyphs. And it even has the drawing (similar to the movie Stargate) of the six sided square on the opposite page. Was Amelius then the inventor of the Stargate system?

Oh, darn - I made a screencap of the scene, but Photobucket is down for maintenance. I'll have to attach to this post instead of embedding.

Very excited now about Continuum -- is it July yet?

Morjana
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by morjana; 11 March 2008, 10:52 PM.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                                SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                                Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X