This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weapons To Maximum View Post
    Loved the Movie. Couple things though....

Now they figure out a few carefully placed nukes will blow up the supergate. like that wouldn't be the first thing they tried.

How many shots can a Daedalus Class ship Take. I thought that was a bit much. They would have been blown to bits. Somebody count the number of hits they take and let me know.

While Sam and Cam are fighting the Replicators and Daniel and Vala are being tortured. Teal'c manages to climb up and down mountains and get to the city of the Gods in about an hour and a half tops. That was stupid. The shots were really nice. But that was just stupid. That journey would have taken him a day at best. Not to mention the fact he was injured and needed a staff to help him along. That was annoying.

Why wouldn't anyone in the Core room have brought a firearm with them. I'll shoot this Zat at it. That will surely stop it! If the ARG doesn't work we'll step on it???

Why all the doom and Gloom over a few ORI ships in our Solar System? We had at least one Daedalus class BC with Asgard super lasersand a Weapons platform in Antarctica that destroyed Anubis' entire fleet of montherships and attack craft. And it should be fully restocked with drones recoverd from the Atlantis Expedition?? Not to mention that phase shift BS that makes us disappear. And If we can refit every ship with Asgard weapons why can't we build stationary planetary defense ones as well? I thought that was stupid.

Eager for explanations.,
    Shields are probably alot better now that we have full on asgard shields and not just some tacked on thing that the asgard helped us throw togeather. Our ships probably have the same shields that the oneill class warships have now.
    SG-1 Rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ganthet Jr. View Post
      The few Alterans hidden underground weren't all of them, they were probably a council or something. Also, I found it weird that they killed all of the living Ori aboveground when their ship took off, which makes me think that those weren't human Ori aboveground at all. I think they were living Alterans, and that who village was an Alteran village, and they just pretend to be medieval-ish, ala the Genii. I can't swallow that the Alterans were unwilling to change minds, but were okay with killing them, so I figure that the Alterans aren't below, hiding from the Ori above, but that they're all Alterans, but can only go below to act like it.
      Um tbh we don't know that they didn't take them with them when they left or at the least relocate them. I seriously doubt they would murder innocents.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganthet Jr. View Post
        The few Alterans hidden underground weren't all of them, they were probably a council or something. Also, I found it weird that they killed all of the living Ori aboveground when their ship took off, which makes me think that those weren't human Ori aboveground at all. I think they were living Alterans, and that who village was an Alteran village, and they just pretend to be medieval-ish, ala the Genii. I can't swallow that the Alterans were unwilling to change minds, but were okay with killing them, so I figure that the Alterans aren't below, hiding from the Ori above, but that they're all Alterans, but can only go below to act like it.

They destroyed the mountain. A remote area that had nothing to do with the village....

Comment

By the way, thaqt replicator dug into the guys back, simply awsome
          SG-1 Rocks!!

Comment

Agreed I loved that!
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I would exchange that bit for a couple scenes with The Ancients deciding to help Morgan or not

Comment

Huge disappointment. I expected a lot more for the finale of the Ori-arc.

The only good scene in the movie was Teal'c talking to Tomin. It was long overdue to see Teal'c dealing with everything he's done in the past as First Prime of Apophis.

The rest was just a bunch of bad ideas and plot holes. The biggest problem was doing to many things in short time. The hole replicators sub-plot didn't belong in this movie. It took the attention away from the real story and it had no real meaning. If TPTB wanted replicators they could have come up with a better story and make another movie about them. The replicators part could've been replaced with dealing more with Morgan and other Ancients, show more of the begining of the Ori-Ancient war, how, why, who created the Ark. There are so many thing that could have add to the story, but were just diregarded.

We didn't see any team work. There was the usual Daniel/Vala banter with Teal'c as the middle man in the begining and then it turned into the Mitchell show, which I find ridiculous cause the movie is called Ark of Truth and Mitchell didn't have anything to do with the ark.

And of course there are all the little things that make no sence. Weapons To Maximum you're not the only one to notice or be bothered be the fact that while Sam and Cam dealt with the replicators, we'll give them 10-15 hours for that, Teal'c crossed what seemed like several mountains, not to mention the miles and miles of flat around Calestis, while he had no food or water and he was seriously injured.

I was really bothered by the scene with Adria. It was a good enterance, but the praise ends with that. Even as just a human Adria was advanced and could tell what was going on around her without looking, and if people were telling the truth, you would think that after she ascended she got more powerfull, not dumber. Vala distracting her while Daniel turned on the ark just doesen't make any sence, considering everything we've seen Adria do in the past.

All in all I would give this film a 3/10 and hope for the best in Continuum.
                Last edited by jasminaGo; 11 March 2008, 03:13 PM. Reason: I had some things to add about the replicators
                sigpic

Comment

I dont know about anyone esle but i would like to see one of our 304s beam all the IOA members out into the cold of space. Any power the ioa had should now be mute after such a plain as the one in this movie.
                  sigpic

Surely you cant be serious, I am serious and dont call me shirly.

Danmit. What is it Oneil? I forgot to tape the simpsons .... Its important to me

Sir i think you have gone mad with power.
                  Ofcourse I have, have you ever gone mad without power, its no fun, noone listens to you

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                    Huge disappointment. I expected a lot more for the finale of the Ori-arc.

The only good scene in the movie was Teal'c talking to Tomin. It was long overdue to see Teal'c dealing with everything he's done in the past as First Prime of Apophis.

The rest was just a bunch of bad ideas and plot holes. The biggest problem was doing to many things in short time. The hole replicators sub-plot didn't belong in this movie. It took the attention away from the real story and it had no real meaning. If TPTB wanted replicators they could have come up with a better story and make another movie about them. The replicators part could've been replaced with dealing more with Morgan and other Ancients, show more of the begining of the Ori-Ancient war, how, why, who created the Ark. There are so many thing that could have add to the story, but were just diregarded.

We didn't see any team work. There was the usual Daniel/Vala banter with Teal'c as the middle man in the begining and then it turned into the Mitchell show, which I find ridiculous cause the movie is called Ark of Truth and Mitchell didn't have anything to do with the ark.

And of course there are all the little things that make no sence. Weapons To Maximum you're not the only one to notice or be bothered be the fact that while Sam and Cam dealt with the replicators, we'll give them 10-15 hours for that, Teal'c crossed what seemed like several mountains, not to mention the miles and miles of flat around Calestis, while he had no food or water and he was seriously injured.

I was really bothered by the scene with Adria. It was a good enterance, but the praise ends with that. Even as just a human Adria was advanced and could tell what was going on around her without looking, and if people were telling the truth, you would think that after she ascended she got more powerfull, not dumber. Vala distracting her while Daniel turned on the ark just doesen't make any sence, considering everything we've seen Adria do in the past.

All in all I would give this film a 3/10 and hope for the best in Continuum.
                    Wow, I completly yet respectfully STRONGLY disagree with 99% of everything you just said lol To each his own I guess.
                    SG-1 Rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                      Wow, I completly yet respectfully STRONGLY disagree with 99% of everything you just said lol To each his own I guess.
                      It was just my opinion. Some will argee, some won't. If everyone agreed on everything life would be pretty boring.
                      sigpic

Comment

Just finished watching Ark. I love the movie. The only thing is the ark reminds me of Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark. The story line was great. I really like the way that they set up every thing in the story. My favorite scene is when Morgan LaFea kicks Adria's Butt. I total love the movie and plan on taking it in my movie collection for the con that I am going to. Gota love portable DVD players.

Comment

Wow, wut a great movie!! There was alot to keep track of, alot going on but i felt it ended the ori story quite suitably.

Loved seeing the bug replicators again. They were always creepy and just inhuman.

Tealc is really badass for hiking a mile across a mountain range with a big hole in his back.

Creepy torture scene.

Good to hear the original tune again

Saw Ellis

Wonder what else is left in the MW to be explored. Whatever the ori didnt find?

Loved the Morgan/Adria fight but im alittle unclear on the outcome. Morgan seemed confident she could take her without the prayer, so im guessing she won.

Edit: i really loved seeing the alterans dress and style. The ultimate technology civilization and their culture dresses modestly and live simply. Post industrial to the extreme.
                          Last edited by kymeric; 11 March 2008, 05:01 PM.

Comment

After watching it a second time I am leaning toward jasminago's opinion. I love SG1 and enjoyed the movie but am disappointed with how they went about it. There were lot's of gaps and half measures and short cuts. I guess that's what happens when you condense a season or so into a 2 hr movie. But it was disappointing.

One minute Tomin is the poster child for Origin and the leader of the Ori armies and then pan out and in and he's the 6th member of sg1.

Adri is ascended and even more powerful than any asended being ever for all we know and then for 10 minutes she's stupid!!!

One minute the ship is going through the supergate, the next minute they're all sitting at some nondescript Ori planet.

The whole replicator peril till the buzzer thing seemed borrowed, alot like the end sequence of season 8 I think. I liked that 2 parter better or the end to season 7 as well.

I don't know, I just think it all seemed so forced..

Oh well, I'm sure i'm in the minority. I'll take whatever SG I can get.

Comment

Originally posted by Weapons To Maximum View Post
                              After watching it a second time I am leaning toward jasminago's opinion. I love SG1 and enjoyed the movie but am disappointed with how they went about it. There were lot's of gaps and half measures and short cuts. I guess that's what happens when you condense a season or so into a 2 hr movie. But it was disappointing.

One minute Tomin is the poster child for Origin and the leader of the Ori armies and then pan out and in and he's the 6th member of sg1.

Adri is ascended and even more powerful than any asended being ever for all we know and then for 10 minutes she's stupid!!!

One minute the ship is going through the supergate, the next minute they're all sitting at some nondescript Ori planet.

The whole replicator peril till the buzzer thing seemed borrowed, alot like the end sequence of season 8 I think. I liked that 2 parter better or the end to season 7 as well.

I don't know, I just think it all seemed so forced..

Oh well, I'm sure i'm in the minority. I'll take whatever SG I can get.
                              No, you probably are not in the minority. Unfortunately I won't take whatever Stargate I can get and because of the poor, simplistic, hodge podge storyline the franchise will not be getting my hard earned money for this movie. As much as I want to see more Stargate I refuse to pay for substandard work.

My opinion - the movie is totally let down by substandard writing. If Cooper can't put together a decent story then he shouldn't be trying to do a one man show. Take time out and concentrate on writing or producing or directing. One at a time because you are doing a lacklustre job trying to do more than one at once.
                              -

Comment

I liked to movie, but the thing above all esle that i think it was lacking, was actual battles, would have liked to see us fire the asgard beam weapon a few times, or the outpost in antartica fight off the ori with the appolo etc, or even could have had tealc steal a ori fighter to get to jackson and vala and fight off some others on the way. Iv seen plunty of the rep battles over an over. Other than that i liked to movie, although i think uneilding would have made a better movie then this storyline. That really felt like it was a conlcusionary tale, more so than this. But 19$ for this storyline is well worth it.
                                sigpic

Surely you cant be serious, I am serious and dont call me shirly.

Danmit. What is it Oneil? I forgot to tape the simpsons .... Its important to me

Sir i think you have gone mad with power.
                                Ofcourse I have, have you ever gone mad without power, its no fun, noone listens to you

Comment

Working...
                                X