Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My thoughts about Sam and Jack in the third movie (spec and spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post

So my idea:

Subtle hints through out the movie, because we've already been told that the movie is focused on Jack. Everybody's gotta have screen time with Jack, true, but when Sam is there, make it count, people! I'm talking teenage makeout session. And yeah, gotta be a cabin scene. Just wouldn't be right any other way.

However it turns out, I'm sure we'll be happy! Not just because we've all signed a massive petition.
    *whimpers*

i'm sooooo on your ship of thought!!
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
      Truthfully, i know it'll happen. JM said it as you've stated and really there's no changing anybody's mind. Jack/Sam WILL happen whether anyone wants it to or not.

And that's what i mean about fate, If you really look at everything that's happened to the two characters, it's a gentle nudging of them together. The only real divergence i would say is Laira, from 100 Days. And yet... we never saw her again.

Above they mention the AR's where Sam is with someone else. Well... 2010 was pretty clear that Jack and Sam had a falling out, but he was still willing to help her... Hmmm wonder why?
      Someone around here had the original script, and in it Jack tells Joe to "Give her a kiss from me" not "Give her my best" when Joe hands off the GDO. So, methinks you were right about that one. Why they changed it, I don't know- maybe it ruined the concept of their being fated to be together if it implied they got together and then split up.
      Oh and about another AR, from the Road Not Taken when Sam is married to McKay? Isn't Jack dead? As in they had to leave him behind when they evacuated Antartica when teh Russians came? They "barely got the chair out in time" so i'm assuming they left the half dead frozen guy for the Russkies. And then, just to top things off, Sam is so turned off by men after being married to McKay, he thinks she's switched teams! (that in itself makes the cynic in me believe that the universe will not let Sam truly appreciate any man but Jack O'Neill)

The very stargate universe itself pushes them together, so really while it will sour teh movie for me if it ever gets made which i highly doubt it will, i have no doubt that tehre will be confirmation of a sort. I will eat a hat if there isn't.
      Well, I kind of buy the fate (or conspiracy) theory because if you look at all of those AU's, it's interesting that everything goes to hell in the earlier AUs when Sam and Jack are together, and in the later AU's if they're not. So it's not just fate, but our Sam & Jack were the only ones to get it right. They're extra-special.

*cue violins*

<snip for space>

However, it is hard to deny that something has changed between Jack and Sam over the past five or so years. I think it was JM who said that in his opinion, Jack and Sam have been together since "Threads". I'm first mate on that boat. Different chains of command? Jack has a motorcycle? Sam's password is "fishing"? His pic was with her stuff when she moved to Atlantis? Yes, we need confirmation. They've been leading each other on for years; the producers have been leading us on for years! Don't attack me, but we need confirmation, one way or the other.

So my idea:

Subtle hints through out the movie, because we've already been told that the movie is focused on Jack. Everybody's gotta have screen time with Jack, true, but when Sam is there, make it count, people!
      I think it would be quite clever if they worked in a reference to all those old hints throughout the course of the movie. Although I really hope fruit loops and hot toddies don't show up in the same scene. Yuck.

I'm talking teenage makeout session. And yeah, gotta be a cabin scene. Just wouldn't be right any other way.
      Oh- I don't know about the teenage makeout session, but the cabin scene would be nice.

Comment

].
        I'm talking teenage makeout session.
        I wouldn't be interested in teenagers in a 'makeout session', let alone a 58 and a 41 year old making idiots of themselves.

FF
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
          I wouldn't be interested in teenagers in a 'makeout session', let alone a 58 and a 41 year old making idiots of themselves.

FF
          He's in fact 52.

*runs*
          There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
          sigpic
          awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

FF
            Okay, I think I wet my pants when I read that!! Teenage makeout session??? Jack and Sam? Just about sums up the whole thing imo.
            sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by col aga View Post
              He's in fact 52.

*runs*
              Is that in dog years?
              sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
                Is that in dog years?

Welcome to General Hospital....Or, as I say everytime, Love among the ruins
                sigpic
                Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Can we lose the digs at peoples ages please.

It's one thing to simply acknowledge them, another to make catty and mean spirited comments.

The topic is 'sam and jack in the third movie' not 'how many insults in can snark off in the shortest amount of time'.

and should i point out that those that Daniel is right around the same age as Sam (being 4.5 in 1969), so snarks about sam apply to daniel as well, seeing as how they're nearly the same age.

Claws in, discuss your PERSONAL THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS without insulting others or disrespecting others.
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by col aga View Post
                    He's in fact 52.

*runs*
                    Ya can run but ya can't hide, lassie!

I thought Jack was born in '52?
                    I was going by the bio on RDA's official web page (on the grounds that they were likely to be correct?)
                    http://rdanderson.com/stargate/lexicon/lexicon.htm

FF
                    sigpic

Comment

Ya can run but ya can't hide, lassie!

I thought Jack was born in '52?
                      I was going by the bio on RDA's official web page (on the grounds that they were likely to be correct?)
                      http://rdanderson.com/stargate/lexicon/lexicon.htm

FF

I don't think Jack is the same age as RDA, or at least that's what the show would lead us to believe. (Wasn't he early forties when the show started?)

The character doesn't always have to be the same age as the actor playing it, especially if the actor in question looks great for his age, which I think most of us can agree RDA did for the most of show's running.
                      you're so cute when you're slurring your speech but they're closing the bar and they want us to leave

'What is it, Sebastian? I'm arranging matches.'

"Religion is far more of a choice than homosexuality. And the protections that we have, for religion --we protect religion-- and talk about a lifestyle choice! That is absolutely a choice. Gay people don't choose to be gay. At what age did you choose not to be gay?" (Jon Stewart, The King of Common Sense)

Comment

Originally posted by slurredspeech View Post
                        I don't think Jack is the same age as RDA, or at least that's what the show would lead us to believe. (Wasn't he early forties when the show started?)

The character doesn't always have to be the same age as the actor playing it, especially if the actor in question looks great for his age, which I think most of us can agree RDA did for the most of show's running.
                        Scratches head. Isn't RDA 60 this month? Which means he was born in 1950.
                        Jack, according to his airforce ID and Katie's excellent RDA webpage, was born in '52.

FF
                        sigpic

Comment

Scratches head. Isn't RDA 60 this month? Which means he was born in 1950.
                          Jack, according to his airforce ID and Katie's excellent RDA webpage, was born in '52.

FF

That's what I thought...especially as one of my lj friends was doing some work on a pic of his ID badge only a few days ago and it deffo said born in 52....if he was aged 52 now then he'd be the same age as me, which considering how long the Stargate programme has been going he'd have only been in his mid-30's when it first burst onto our scene....surely not that young?

And apologies if this is a bit OT - my eyes hurt with this new layout and my brain is fried!!....what's new there then, I hear you say?.....

Deeds xx
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                          MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Jack's age has changed during the series. In brief candle, i believe, he makes a comment about being in his 40's, then there' the prop id that has his birthday in oct 52, but that doesn't jive with the lines from s1 so....it's like jack suddenly getting wings and being a pilot. jack became a pilot because the script said so.

and it also depends on how you define canon. to some, only SPOKEN words count because the prop folks often just make stuff up with little to no regard to what's happened before. To others, they term 'canon' anything on the screen. since the definition is relative, so is the outcome.

People will see what they want to see and interpret it the way that suits them.
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                              That's what I thought...especially as one of my lj friends was doing some work on a pic of his ID badge only a few days ago and it deffo said born in 52....if he was aged 52 now then he'd be the same age as me, which considering how long the Stargate programme has been going he'd have only been in his mid-30's when it first burst onto our scene....surely not that young?

And apologies if this is a bit OT - my eyes hurt with this new layout and my brain is fried!!....what's new there then, I hear you say?.....

Deeds xx
                              yep Jack was definitely born in 1952
                              Spoiler:
                              sigpic
                              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                                yep Jack was definitely born in 1952
                                Spoiler:
                                http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/Jack/sg1-7x03-2034.jpg
                                And, if I recall, 58, born in 1952, jives better with Jack's service history (Vietnam? Korea?) He'd have been too young for a conflict he had a medal for if he was only 52 now?

FF
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X