Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My thoughts about Sam and Jack in the third movie (spec and spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
    and to be honest after this amount of time it doesn't really matter to more than a smattering of people if they marry Jack off to Siler

Now you're just being silly.......
    Everyone knows Siler's married to his Wrench!...
    sigpic
    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
      Now you're just being silly.......
      Everyone knows Siler's married to his Wrench!...
      Silly, me? Never!

I can't believe I forgot about Siler/Wrench ship, my OTP.
      sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
        ... and instead, they consistently teased and annoyed with things like all teh differnet AR's
        Awww. Spoken like a true shipper. DOWN WITH THE AR's, WE WANT THE REAL DEAL.

Hee. I say it with love. I say it with love.

... episodes like Shades of Grey wher eit's just "Natural" for them to get together even if they're not the same person.
        Methinks that's the episode where Jack pretends to steal technology so as to uncover the rogue SG personnel working for Mayborne, and stealing from their allies.
        Oh, you. Seeing ship everywhere. *pets*

You know what episode i loved? Solitudes.
        <3

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
        ... and to be honest after this amount of time it doesn't really matter to more than a smattering of people if they marry Jack off to Siler.
        Well, to be honest, this and many other (anti) S/J-related threads - or, really, threads that aren't S/J related and yet somehow end up discussing the pairing - kind of imply otherwise. (It's actually kind of astonishing how many random threads go right down to them. Oh, Sam/Jack. Never stop being controversial. <3)
        Now, it's only the 'fans' that are involved in those, not the entire viewership, you'll say. Absolutely. But the opinions of people who voice their's is the only thing we can really discuss with certainty.

And it seems to me that plenty of pro's and anti's have a great deal to say about it still. If that's not involvment... well, either that, or people discussing a topic they couldn't care less about. And that's just way too much time on one's hands.
        Last edited by slurredspeech; 16 January 2010, 11:15 AM.
        you're so cute when you're slurring your speech but they're closing the bar and they want us to leave

'What is it, Sebastian? I'm arranging matches.'

"Religion is far more of a choice than homosexuality. And the protections that we have, for religion --we protect religion-- and talk about a lifestyle choice! That is absolutely a choice. Gay people don't choose to be gay. At what age did you choose not to be gay?" (Jon Stewart, The King of Common Sense)

Comment

Originally posted by slurredspeech View Post
          Awww. Spoken like a true shipper. DOWN WITH THE AR's, WE WANT THE REAL DEAL.

Hee. I say it with love. I say it with love.
          If they HAD done the real thing, we wouldn't be having this conversation would we?

And to think, i'm dedicating Occupational Hazard to you. Sam/Jack don't need a romance for the relationship to be awesome. I may even do a S/J Ship ending JUST for you (still undecided)

Methinks that's the episode where Jack pretends to steal technology so as to uncover the rogue SG personell working for Mayborne, and stealing from their allies.
          Oh, you. Seeing ship everywhere. *pets*
          Beneath the Surface... BENEATH THE SURFACE!! (dammit i'm tired! i went out last night and i'm exhausted I recently saw Shades of Grey again and it was fresh in me mind

And usually we have a date before the *pets* begin, but if you want to skip ahead, i'm quite fine with that

<3

Well, to be honest, this and many other (anti) S/J-related threads - or, really, threads that aren't S/J related and yet somehow end up discussing the pairing - kind of imply otherwise. (It's actually kind of astonishing how many random threads go right down to them. Oh, Sam/Jack. Never stop being controversial. <3)
          Now, it's only the 'fans' that are involved in those, not the entire viewership, you'll say. Absolutely. But the opinions of people who voice their's is the only thing we can really discuss with certainty.

And it seems to me that plenty of pro's and anti's have a great deal to say about it still. If that's not involvment... well, either that, or people discussing a topic they couldn't care less about. And that's just way too much time on one's hands.
          Aren't you proving your own point with your post?

It really does go both ways, I as an Anti, would be soured on teh third movie if it ever gets made and there's a S/J confirmation. It's not just the ship, it's the unrealisticness of it all. It's like all those S/J fics that have them moments before death and confessing that they're the only people they've ever truly loved yadda yadda...

The writers will do what they want, and there's nothing to do about it. But since we're discussing here, saying something like that really negates the point of this entire forum. We're here to discuss with other fans our likes and dislikes.

Otherwise, how else would you and I have ever begun sparring?
          Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
          Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
          Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

And to think, i'm dedicating Occupational Hazard to you.
            *blushes*

Sam/Jack don't need a romance for the relationship to be awesome.
            Word.

I may even do a S/J Ship ending JUST for you (still undecided)
            I would pay actual money to see that. Yes. Yes, I would.

Beneath the Surface... BENEATH THE SURFACE!! (dammit i'm tired! i went out last night and i'm exhausted I recently saw Shades of Grey again and it was fresh in me mind
            Hee. I've been up since 4am. Beer time, I say!

And usually we have a date before the *pets* begin, but if you want to skip ahead, i'm quite fine with that

There's no such thing as 'too early to pet'.

Aren't you proving your own point with your post?
            Ah, not at all. I never said I didn't care about the pairing and the outcome one way or the other. Quite the contrary. And yet. That was my first post in this particular thread. Mainly because S/J debates do tend to follow a familiar course. As would all debates on topics 10+ years old, I suppose.

You know I have nothing against people who don't like the pairing (my odd friendship with you being case in point ). People like certain things. Others don't. *shrug* I mean, you ship Sam with Sheppard. People see all sorts of strange things that aren't there.

*tackle!hug*
            you're so cute when you're slurring your speech but they're closing the bar and they want us to leave

'What is it, Sebastian? I'm arranging matches.'

"Religion is far more of a choice than homosexuality. And the protections that we have, for religion --we protect religion-- and talk about a lifestyle choice! That is absolutely a choice. Gay people don't choose to be gay. At what age did you choose not to be gay?" (Jon Stewart, The King of Common Sense)

Comment

*blushes*
              Aww you... ^_^

Word.
              *tents fingers* Excellent...

I would pay actual money to see that. Yes. Yes, I would.
              Great, now i've got to figure out how it would go. I'll see about making an "Alternate Ending" for you S/J Shippers

Actually! I'd be quite fine with the third movie having an Alternate S/J Shippy ending WHUHAHAHAHAHA X1000

Hee. I've been up since 4am. Beer time, I say!
              No Jager? LIGHTWEIGHT! *Picks up Heineken Keg and takes drink striaght from it*

There's no such thing as 'too early to pet'.
              Good rule to live by

Ah, not at all. I never said I didn't care about the pairing and the outcome one way or the other. Quite the contrary. And yet. That was my first post in this particular thread. Mainly because S/J debates do tend to follow a familiar course. As would all debates on topics 10+ years old, I suppose.

You know I have nothing against people who don't like the pairing (my odd friendship with you being case in point ). People like certain things. Others don't. *shrug* I mean, you ship Sam with Sheppard. People see all sorts of strange things that aren't there.

*tackle!hug*
              I can agree with that, disliking a person for THEIR likes is kinda silly IMO. Of course, when you get those likes crammed into you repeatedly... Unless it's Oreos, and then only in the mouth!

S/J remains so strong for two reasons,One, the fans want closure one way or the other, and Two, TPTB refuse to GIVE closure one way or the other. Quite literally S/J is the proof that perpetual motion exists! It just keeps going and going and going...

True about Sam/Sheppard, it's more a character analysis than actual on-screen chemistry. Although there was a scene cut in Reunion that has them on the Balcony that's sweet. Shep invites Sam to go have a beer with him to celebrate Ronon's return. And other scenes they had together were pretty awesome as well. You can see that they're not just comrades, they're friends.

*Catch!hug, Play!fight!*
              Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"

Comment

S/J remains so strong for two reasons,One, the fans want closure one way or the other, and Two, TPTB refuse to GIVE closure one way or the other. Quite literally S/J is the proof that perpetual motion exists! It just keeps going and going and going...
                Lessons have been taken for a very long time from the energizer bunny, who never runs out of power ...

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                  and yet, no matter how many times you say you despise this ship, characters, and storyline, it's still not going to give you the one you want - JACK/DANIEL.
                  Not sure I see the correlation here?

I don't despise either Jack or Sam.

I don't see any connection between Jack/Sam, which, as you keep touting, is canon, and Jack/Daniel which is fanon, popular fanon but that's all.

I've never lobbied for slash on the show, I prefer it to belong to the fans, to be covert and based on subtext. Oh, it's nice when TPTB give us something to work with, such as the Spacemonkey Hug, but it's not essential, we'll slash characters from different TV shows if we want to! They never even need to have been in the same universe, slash happens. I love the fanfic and vids and wallpapers and icons and LJ communities and all the other J/D fun out there and think the fans do a much better job of making romance believable than TPTB.
                  I don't need TPTB to give me J/D, I already have a hard drive and bookmark tab full of it (and Bashir/O'Brien, Bashir/Sisko, Kurt/Logan, Logan/Scott, Fola/Benten, Frank/Rocky/Brad/everyone, Starsky/Hutch, Spock/Kirk, Avon/Villa etc etc).

FF
                  sigpic

Comment

Folks

Let's dial back the personal nature of the comments please.

Debate the topic, not each other, and not each others' preferences.

I think we all know that this topic is rife with 'never the twain shall meet'. Y'all will never agree, so let's remember that it's okay to disagree.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hello All -
                      Lets see folks complained that there was too much discussion devoted to Sam/Jack ship in the *General Thrid Movie* discussion thread and since there is a substantial rumor that this may be an aspect of the movie we felt that to allow folks the chance to discuss the Sam & jack aspect But NOT to have it take over the General discussion thread - this thread was created...yet...here folks are still complaining about the whole topic...which of course is OFF topic when the actual discussion topic is the Speculation and possibly future spoilers regarding the Sam & Jack ship in the movie...not whether or not you like Sam & Jack ship...or if you personally are a shipper.

We have dedicated threads over in the C&R folder for that ....so how about folks stop all the Pro/Anti talk and discuss the topic of THIS thread.

My thoughts about Sam and Jack in the third movie * spec and spoilers Operative word there is MY...not other fans thoughts...MY thoughts...

Thank You
                      TameFarrar
                      GateWorld Moderator
                      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                        Hello All -
                        Lets see folks complained that there was too much discussion devoted to Sam/Jack ship in the *General Thrid Movie* discussion thread and since there is a substantial rumor that this may be an aspect of the movie we felt that to allow folks the chance to discuss the Sam & jack aspect But NOT to have it take over the General discussion thread - this thread was created...yet...here folks are still complaining about the whole topic...which of course is OFF topic when the actual discussion topic is the Speculation and possibly future spoilers regarding the Sam & Jack ship in the movie...not whether or not you like Sam & Jack ship...or if you personally are a shipper.

We have dedicated threads over in the C&R folder for that ....so how about folks stop all the Pro/Anti talk and discuss the topic of THIS thread.

My thoughts about Sam and Jack in the third movie * spec and spoilers Operative word there is MY...not other fans thoughts...MY thoughts...

Thank You
                        TameFarrar
                        GateWorld Moderator
                        Um..okay, but surely it's impossible to discuss the topic 'My thoughts about Sam and Jack in the third movie' without giving an opinion for or against. It's very hard to say something like 'I expect there to be a Sam and Jack romantic scene in the movie' without adding imo that would be the worst idea since the captain of the Titanic decided to sail at top speed through an icefield.

The idea of Sam and Jack together has been, and will always be, contentious. More so perhaps than any other pairing on Stargate, if for no other reason than the whole regulations thing, which isn't going to go away, even if one, or both, of the characters retires. Any thread that has any mention of ship between any pairing will result in debate for and against, that's just the nature of the subject matter.

The pro's and the anti's each have protected threads for various ships, surely the other threads can support discussion, as long as it remains reasonable, friendly and good natured?
                        sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Why is it so improbable? They were going ot put John back with Nancy but since SGA ended so abruptly, never had a chance.
                          Please correct me if I'm wrong (I'm not a big fan of SGA) but didn't they introduce Nancy like in the 4th season? And didn't they leave the ship open, so to speak? In thses circumstances putting them back together makes sense.
                          Sara however was introduced at the very beginning of season 1 and only to resolve the matter once and for all. She and Jack say goodbye and move on. She's never seen nor heard from from season 2 onwards. That's why I don't find bringing her back for the movie in whatever form realistic or plausible.

It's not even the ship itself that bothers me, its the whole "Fate" aspect of it. They couldn't let the fans see is grow in itself and instead, they consistently teased and annoyed with things like all teh differnet AR's where Jack and Sam got together right off the bat, or episodes like Shades of Grey wher eit's just "Natural" for them to get together even if they're not the same person.

You know what episode I loved? Solitudes.
                          Ehem, excuse me being anal but we've seen 4 AU on the series and 2 AT, and Sam and Jack were together in only 2 AU (TbftgoG and POV) and 1 AT (Moebius). In the other AT she was with Joe Faxon, in the third AU with unspecified someone (could have been Jack, could have been Pete, or Barret, or Joe, or someone else) and in the fourth one she was with McKay. Personally I don't see much "fate" here, when the score is 50/50. But for both our sakes I hope that this third movie doesn't involve any form of AU or AT. We've had enough of it.

Oh, and I also love Solitudes (and don't view it as shippy)

About the movie: I'd love to see something happen to Jack, something that would change him somehow and the team having to deal with it. I know it's probably never going to happen, but still...*shrugs*
                          There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                          sigpic
                          awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Okay, feel like I'm jumping in after the pool has already been drained of water, but ... Whatever!

Jack and Sam ... and Teal'c ... and Daniel ... have been the main focus of the series for the most part, and the movies, and the newbies (Cam, Vala, Landry, etc) have integrated nicely. No, as much of a Jack/Sam shipper as I am, it doesn't make sense for the movie to be solely focused on the two of them (although it would be freakin' awesome!) because it would detract from the point of SG-1. It's called SG-1, not "The Adventures of Jack and Sam" (although that would be freakin' awesome as well). As someone already pointed out, they did that in the finale of SGA and it made it seem artificial. I'm all for McKeller, and while I enjoyed the excited frenzy leading up to the finale, looking back it was too much.

However, it is hard to deny that something has changed between Jack and Sam over the past five or so years. I think it was JM who said that in his opinion, Jack and Sam have been together since "Threads". I'm first mate on that boat. Different chains of command? Jack has a motorcycle? Sam's password is "fishing"? His pic was with her stuff when she moved to Atlantis? Yes, we need confirmation. They've been leading each other on for years; the producers have been leading us on for years! Don't attack me, but we need confirmation, one way or the other.

So my idea:

Subtle hints through out the movie, because we've already been told that the movie is focused on Jack. Everybody's gotta have screen time with Jack, true, but when Sam is there, make it count, people! I'm talking teenage makeout session. And yeah, gotta be a cabin scene. Just wouldn't be right any other way.

However it turns out, I'm sure we'll be happy! Not just because we've all signed a massive petition.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                              Okay, feel like I'm jumping in after the pool has already been drained of water, but ... Whatever!

Jack and Sam ... and Teal'c ... and Daniel ... have been the main focus of the series for the most part, and the movies, and the newbies (Cam, Vala, Landry, etc) have integrated nicely. No, as much of a Jack/Sam shipper as I am, it doesn't make sense for the movie to be solely focused on the two of them (although it would be freakin' awesome!) because it would detract from the point of SG-1. It's called SG-1, not "The Adventures of Jack and Sam" (although that would be freakin' awesome as well). As someone already pointed out, they did that in the finale of SGA and it made it seem artificial. I'm all for McKeller, and while I enjoyed the excited frenzy leading up to the finale, looking back it was too much.

However, it is hard to deny that something has changed between Jack and Sam over the past five or so years. I think it was JM who said that in his opinion, Jack and Sam have been together since "Threads". I'm first mate on that boat. Different chains of command? Jack has a motorcycle? Sam's password is "fishing"? His pic was with her stuff when she moved to Atlantis? Yes, we need confirmation. They've been leading each other on for years; the producers have been leading us on for years! Don't attack me, but we need confirmation, one way or the other.

So my idea:

Subtle hints through out the movie, because we've already been told that the movie is focused on Jack. Everybody's gotta have screen time with Jack, true, but when Sam is there, make it count, people! I'm talking teenage makeout session. And yeah, gotta be a cabin scene. Just wouldn't be right any other way.

However it turns out, I'm sure we'll be happy! Not just because we've all signed a massive petition.
                              Truthfully, i know it'll happen. JM said it as you've stated and really there's no changing anybody's mind. Jack/Sam WILL happen whether anyone wants it to or not.

And that's what i mean about fate, If you really look at everything that's happened to the two characters, it's a gentle nudging of them together. The only real divergence i would say is Laira, from 100 Days. And yet... we never saw her again.

Above they mention the AR's where Sam is with someone else. Well... 2010 was pretty clear that Jack and Sam had a falling out, but he was still willing to help her... Hmmm wonder why? And notice how Joe Faxon died in 2001? Hmmm...

The TPTB WANT it. And that's final. Just like they wanted to kill Janet, it's GOING to happen.

Oh and about another AR, from the Road Not Taken when Sam is married to McKay? Isn't Jack dead? As in they had to leave him behind when they evacuated Antartica when teh Russians came? They "barely got the chair out in time" so i'm assuming they left the half dead frozen guy for the Russkies. And then, just to top things off, Sam is so turned off by men after being married to McKay, he thinks she's switched teams! (that in itself makes the cynic in me believe that the universe will not let Sam truly appreciate any man but Jack O'Neill)

The very stargate universe itself pushes them together, so really while it will sour teh movie for me if it ever gets made which i highly doubt it will, i have no doubt that tehre will be confirmation of a sort. I will eat a hat if there isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                                Slightly OT:
                                Spoiler:
                                Cassie wouldn't need to leech off anybody. She undoubtedly inherited a fair amount of money from Janet, and certainly Jack and Sam (and probably Daniel, too) would support her in any way that was needed. And I highly doubt that Cassie would have turned into the kind of person to leech off anybody.

She would have been 18 (or almost 18) at the time Janet died. By Stargate time, 5 or 6 years have passed since Janet died, so Cassie would be 22-23-24, and maybe graduated from college and working at whatever field she was studying.
                                Id think shed be first in line for assignment to the SGC as military or civillian support.

Comment

Working...
                                X