Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm definitely buying the DVD's and I'm paying cash! God, I LOVE SG-1, and I just don't understand one thing. Ok, Look at Startrek, they were cancelled after 3 years, and they were almost always in danger of being cancelled, yet the original cast made 6 theatrical movies, 7 with Kirk, Scotty, and Chekov in Startrek: Generations. Stargate SG-1 on the other hand went 10 years, with over 200 episodes, and they only get 2 direct to DVD movies. What's up with that? They could at least be TV movies. According to a lot of well known facts, SG-1 was, and still is almost in every way much more popular and famous than Startrek, TV guide made an article called "Forget trek", and SG-1 is even the Guinness book of world records for being the longest running sci-fi TV show. Plus like I said above SG-1 alone went 10 years, while every Startrek spin-off went no more than 7 years. So yeah, hopefully if the sells of the DVD's are good enough, they'll make a third or more SG-1 movies, but God I would love to see it on the big screen, as I'm sure other SG-1 fans would.

Stargate SG-1 deserves so much better, at least they're leaving one hell of a legacy behind. Stargate SG-1 will always be remembered, and it'll always be a legend in the Sci-fi world, and not just to a lot of Sci-fi fans, but the so many people the show inspired to go places and do things, like join the airforce, become Scientists and anthropologists. But not just because of the show itself, but more importantly the very brilliant, smart and talented cast. Richard Dean Anderson, Amanda Tapping, Michael Shanks, Christopher Judge, Don S. Davis, and Ben Browder. Not bad for a TV that was originally supposed to go 2 years. Indeed.

Comment

Ive seen it, enjoyed it, and plan on buying it when it comes out. Although some of the ori storyline through the last season was a bit too much cliche, i thought that for the most part this is as good an ending as any for this story.

Comment

yes I agree that we should get the DVD forthe Ark of Truth instead of downloading it. I have espected for a long time,it is said to come out in 11/3/2008 I do love the story and will definitely buy the retail version when available. And I found a pre-order deal on line.

Comment

I wont' d/l any leaked version and will wait to buy the DVD.
          Chicago Con Attendee 2011
          Chicago Con Attendee 2010
          GateCon Attendee 2008
          Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Comment

Originally posted by pisces27 View Post
            I wont' d/l any leaked version and will wait to buy the DVD.
            ^One who has resisted the dark path... *Thus far*

Comment

pre-ordered thru AMAZON, thank u. HD quality beats this fuzz ball pirate anyday, anytime, plus there's the behind the scene shots and other perks. Buy the DVD.

Comment

It's killing me, but I'm going to wait until the DVD is released and watch it. The first time I see it, I would prefer if it were in all it's glory.

I agree with what other people were saying.. there are some people that weren't going to pay for the movie, regardless of when it leaked.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky456 View Post
                  I'm definitely buying the DVD's and I'm paying cash! God, I LOVE SG-1, and I just don't understand one thing. Ok, Look at Startrek, they were cancelled after 3 years, and they were almost always in danger of being cancelled, yet the original cast made 6 theatrical movies, 7 with Kirk, Scotty, and Chekov in Startrek: Generations. Stargate SG-1 on the other hand went 10 years, with over 200 episodes, and they only get 2 direct to DVD movies. What's up with that? They could at least be TV movies. According to a lot of well known facts, SG-1 was, and still is almost in every way much more popular and famous than Startrek, TV guide made an article called "Forget trek", and SG-1 is even the Guinness book of world records for being the longest running sci-fi TV show. Plus like I said above SG-1 alone went 10 years, while every Startrek spin-off went no more than 7 years. So yeah, hopefully if the sells of the DVD's are good enough, they'll make a third or more SG-1 movies, but God I would love to see it on the big screen, as I'm sure other SG-1 fans would.

Stargate SG-1 deserves so much better, at least they're leaving one hell of a legacy behind. Stargate SG-1 will always be remembered, and it'll always be a legend in the Sci-fi world, and not just to a lot of Sci-fi fans, but the so many people the show inspired to go places and do things, like join the airforce, become Scientists and anthropologists. But not just because of the show itself, but more importantly the very brilliant, smart and talented cast. Richard Dean Anderson, Amanda Tapping, Michael Shanks, Christopher Judge, Don S. Davis, and Ben Browder. Not bad for a TV that was originally supposed to go 2 years. Indeed.
                  I though Stargate was Just Sci-fis channels or North Americas longest running show? Surly DR Who should get the record for the longest running series, maybe not in episode count, but its clearly the king of sci-fi in terms of age?
                  Anyways that 4 another thread!

ARGH I now can't wait for AOT! I refuse to watch it online (however if I do come acroos it I may give in to the temptation) But I will 100% get it on DVD!
                  And Continum!
                  sigpic
                  Banner Made By Me for Me
                  The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Originally posted by andromeda_dan View Post
                    pre-ordered thru AMAZON, thank u. HD quality beats this fuzz ball pirate anyday, anytime, plus there's the behind the scene shots and other perks. Buy the DVD.
                    I am confused, are you saying the film is being released in HD? because I had only read about the DVD release.

Personally I wont be getting it on DVD as I no longer buy DVD's, only HD-DVD's or Blu-Ray's so hopefully it wont be too long before it is released or one of those formats.

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
                      I though Stargate was Just Sci-fis channels or North Americas longest running show? Surly DR Who should get the record for the longest running series, maybe not in episode count, but its clearly the king of sci-fi in terms of age?
                      Anyways that 4 another thread!

ARGH I now can't wait for AOT! I refuse to watch it online (however if I do come acroos it I may give in to the temptation) But I will 100% get it on DVD!
                      And Continum!
                      Me to, I did watch it but if you don't buy the real DVDs your a theif and also it will put them off making more
                      Best quotes ever:
                      O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                      Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                      Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                      Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                      Thor:I like the yellow ones
                      O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
                        And Continum!
                        That's exactly what I feel and think.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky456 View Post
                          Look at Startrek, they were cancelled after 3 years, and they were almost always in danger of being cancelled, yet the original cast made 6 theatrical movies, 7 with Kirk, Scotty, and Chekov in Startrek: Generations.
                          There is an explanation for the later success of Star Trek on the DVD extras for the early Trek movies.

Basically, MGM was looking for something - anything - to cash in on the Star Wars phenomenon. TOS episodes were still doing well in re-runs, so they decided to fund a full Trek movie. (Interesting aside: At the time William Shatner was destitute and living in a trailer park.)

IMHO ST:TMP wasn't a great movie at all, but it did very well at the box office for some reason so they decided to make a second movie. And of course, The Wrath of Khan was fantastic so the franchise continued.

Does this mean that a full Stargate movie, probably Continuum style rather than AoT, would do well as a full box office release? I think that one of the reasons Enterprise was cancelled was that Trek was over-saturating the market, what with 14 seasons of TV (DS9 and Voyager) plus four movies all within the preceding 10 years or so. (Mind you, Seasons 1 & 2 of Ent weren't crash hot, IMHO.) Stargate isn't in quite the same position, but still, I can see why TPTB didn't set their hearts on a full theatrical release. Perhaps if the DVD movies do well they would consider a theatrical release for a third movie.

Comment

Even though I've seen it I will order it the moment it becomes availible on Amazon.co.uk

Comment

I'm going to add my 2 cents, and I'm gonna get yelled at...

It was never my intention to buy the DVD or to watch the leaked version.

It was my intention to dl it first, see if it's worth its money and then decide on buying. I've seen the leaked version and I may actually consider that I don't want it. It's a longwinded episode, and not a good one at that. I've seen better semi-low-budget movies.

Then again, if anyone should know when Region 2 gets it, that would also be nice. For at the moment its only Region 1.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Being in Australia (and having to wait 2-3 years before getting the latest episodes) i've been downloading stargate since season 6, when i heard of this leak my first instinct was to download it. However i've refrained from it for a number of reasons.

1. Much of the special effects (from what i've heard) are not complete, to me the special effects in Stargate have always been top notch and to see anything less is just stupid.

2. Having downloaded the series for a long time i have been giving the show limited to no support (i have two seasons of box sets) and channel 7 always screened it at 11:30 at the earliest maing it hard to watch.
                                Therefor this is my chance to support it at it's most important hour, to get more movies it needs high DVD sales.

The biggest thing i'm worried about is that this leak will affect the distribution to Australia, i want to be able to buy it, i will be very angry they don't release it here of schedule.

Comment

Working...
                                X