This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sg1lostatlantis View Post
    The only reason i won't be buying this is if i'm dead... or it's bought for me.
    Very well said.

Comment

Originally posted by sg1lostatlantis View Post
      The only reason i won't be buying this is if i'm dead... or it's bought for me.
      Indeed, It should get up into the top 10 DVDs of the week its released
      A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

I'm buying two copies. One for me, and one for a friend in Canada. I also own seasons 9 & 10 (for a certain Cameron Mitchell). I just wish Continuum was released already, I really can't wait to see that one!

Spoiler:
        MULTI-SHIPPER, AND PROUD

My command is this: Love each other as
        I have loved you. Greater love has no man than
        this, that he lay down his life for his friends.
        - John 15:12,13

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
          Indeed, It should get up into the top 10 DVDs of the week its released
          Fingers crossed!

Comment

A heads up to anyone posting comments to this blog about The Ark of Truth. Yes, I’m aware an unfinished version found its way online and I thank you for bringing it to my attention. No, I will not be allowing any discussion on the contents of Ark of Truth until its official release. So any of you who may be privy to details or heard about details and wish to discuss them, here is not the place to do it. I will not publish your comments.

Now I realize a lot of you are hardcore fans and just dying to get a peek at the movie. The wait for the DVD release has no doubt been unbearable for many. And while I can’t stop you from downloading an illegal copy (hopefully the good people at MGM will see to that), I do wonder why anyone would want to spoil their enjoyment of the finished product by watching an early, incomplete version. It’s sort of like arriving half an hour early to pick up your first date and insisting you head out immediately. Hey, it would be nice to shower, shave, put on a nice suit, some cologne and, in general, look presentable. The hardcore fans will forgive a lot (and I’m probably referring to many of you reading this), but the casual fan and first-time viewer may well have their opinion of the movie (and, unfortunately, any future movies) unfairly tainted by an unfinished version. I remember when work-in-progress copies of Adrift and Lifeline hit the internet earlier this year. A number of fans expressed disappointment with the lack of sound and visual effects. In many cases, they even expressed regret at having watched the early versions as it colored their enjoyment of the episodes when they eventually aired. Again, I can’t stop you - but something to think about.

Also something to think about is the fact that while having an early version available online may seem like a good thing for Stargate fans anxiously awaiting the DVD’s release, it is a very, very bad thing for Stargate and could adversely impact the future of the franchise. I know, I know. You guys are huge fans and most of you will buy the DVD regardless. However, there are many fans and first-time viewers in particular who will not. And, bottom line: if the DVD sales are undermined by this early release, then that could well effect the possibility of future SG-1 movies.

To those of you complaining that this is exactly like the aforementioned Adrift and Lifeline situations or the early release of Doppelganger - No, it isn’t. In the case of Adrift and Lifeline, the version that found its way online could have been one of the hundreds of screeners sent out to critics all over North America. In the case of Doppelganger, iTunes mistakenly released a copy of the episode a week early. In the case of The Ark of Truth, however, it was someone in a position of trust (which is kind of sad). And, unlike, say, the hundreds of North American television critics and their family members, or the countless subscribers to iTunes, that “circle of trust” (apologies to Robert DeNiro’s Jack Byrnes) aint that big. Someone, either out of spite or simple sheer stupidity, stole a copy of the unfinished movie, pirated it, and put it online - essentially putting the future of SG-1 at risk - and there’s a good chance this individual will be caught. And when said jerk/idiot/criminal IS caught, here’s hoping they receive a good legal ass-kicking.
            http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-and-postings/
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I haven't downloaded it and i'm not planning too. DVD all the way .

Comment

Originally posted by Will Thorne View Post
                I haven't downloaded it and i'm not planning too. DVD all the way .
                I've downloaded it, watched 3 times already and I can hardly wait to lay my hands on the DVD to see the movie in its whole beauty and glory!

Comment

No french release date (yet?) for the Ark Of Truth but I will be one of the first french fans to buy the DVD!

Date please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ark of Truth : leaked ->that sucks
                  Ark Of Truth : bought->that rocks!

Buy DVDs, save SG-1!

I want more Cam/Sam and Dala
                  Paul Mc Gillion back as regular in season 5!

We want Farscape on M6! 538 people signed! What about you?
                  March 19th 1999-March 19th 2008 : Happy Birthday Farscape !

Stargate cast members I would like to meet :
                  Ben Browder, Claudia Black, Paul Mc Gillion and Amanda Tapping

Comment

i have downloaded it and after viewing it i want the dvd even more.
                    and by the way it is an unfinished version.
                    in some scene you can see some of stuff to help them make certain stunts

Comment

I wont watch this i dont want to spoil one of the few sg1 moments in 2008 with a pirate version and i will buy the DVD to support the franchise any one that watches the pirate version and does get the DVD is not a stargate fan lets hope this wont effect the sales too much or the future of the sg1 movies and if the person who did this is caught should have legal action against them
                      Last edited by Promethius30; 24 December 2007, 05:14 AM.
                      sigpic
                      Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                      Metal gear fan

Comment

I'll buy both films! Not a doubt. It's the least I can do to keep SG-1 movies coming. Didn't know "AoT" has already leaked. I hope I'll resist watching it to have the best experience in March.
                        sigpic

Comment

i will defenitley buy the two movies..and the next movies hopefully if they will made more of them.
                          sigpic

Comment

I hope the German version will have a Hungarian subtitle. I can dream only about dubbed version. I think it is a shame, that Polish, Czech, Serbian, Croatian, Slovakian, Romanian or Hungarian fans are not on the map. We need a Central-East European SG DVD. I hope they will release the AoT here at least.
                            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

This is bad though. There are people who wont bother buying it now. I'm not one of them but it really is bad. Many people here will buy it, but out there...it's really not good :/

I hope this doesn't happen with Continuum

Comment

Originally posted by Serebii View Post
                                This is bad though. There are people who wont bother buying it now. I'm not one of them but it really is bad. Many people here will buy it, but out there...it's really not good :/
                                Take a look at Amazon.com, The Ark of Truth sales rank (pre-orders) actually jumped very much during the weekend and today. The leak helped a lot of people to make a POSITIVE decision to buy the movie. Plus, let's hope Fox is going to organize really good promotion for the DVD, trailers in theaters and included in the other Fox's DVD titles. There's a huge chance for a completely new audience this way.

Comment

Working...
                                X