This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ladyinred View Post
    Take a look at Amazon.com, The Ark of Truth sales rank (pre-orders) actually jumped very much during the weekend and today. The leak helped a lot of people to make a POSITIVE decision to buy the movie. Plus, let's hope Fox is going to organize really good promotion for the DVD, trailers in theaters and included in the other Fox's DVD titles. There's a huge chance for a completely new audience this way.
    Yeah it may have had a positive impact on some, but I know there are people about that think if its downloaded they wont bother "waste" money on it

Comment

Originally posted by Serebii View Post
      Yeah it may have had a positive impact on some, but I know there are people about that think if its downloaded they wont bother "waste" money on it
      But how many of them - dozens or hundreds? I wouldn't be afraid of them at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladyinred View Post
        But how many of them - dozens or hundreds? I wouldn't be afraid of them at all.
        Enough to make a sizeable dent thats for sure

Comment

Enough to make a sizeable dent thats for sure
          With good theatrical and DVD, including DVD magazines and catalogues, promotion I really wouldn't worry about the sales.

Comment

Based on some screens I've seen though, I guess as it is unfinished and seems to be missing bits to the top and left, people will want the proper version

Comment

Originally posted by CUBBYJR1 View Post
              guys if you download it trust me when its comes to march 2008 and p[eople dont buy the dvds and after continum and there no more dvds of this seires people wonder why and that because no one going to be buying the dvd and are instead downloading the pirate version.I wish congress threw people in jail for downloading tv shows and movies off the net and that teach people not to do it.
              So do i, either that, or put them to work for the company they 'ripped off' by doing said downloading.

And one thing i would like to know, is anything going to get done to those here, who admit to downloading it?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                I'll definitely be buying it, seeing the leaked version only made me want it more.
                same here

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

I will not be watching the pirated version. I will wait until March to see it in its full glory. I agree with the poster that said it sucks now that we have to be careful for spoilers now cause idiots love to not use spoiler tags. I hope the jack*ss who broke the ptb's confidence gets found and receives that brutal legal butt kicking JM was talking about in his blog.

Perfecto!

Comment

If it were from a seiries I don't like, I probally wouldn't buy. But I'm buying it hands down, no matter what..

Go Green

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
                      If it were from a seiries I don't like, I probally wouldn't buy. But I'm buying it hands down, no matter what..
                      Indeed, Undemesticated eqines could not keep me from buying AoT upon it's release!

Comment

As I already said, the people who weren't going to buy it before it was leaked WERE NEVER GOING TO BUY IT.
                        They were going to wait for the DVD version to be available through alternate means and get it that way.

The amount of sales lost because of this leak MIGHT be .0001% of total sales. If it's any higher, I would be shocked.

Comment

I am not going to download an unfinished version. Will buy the dvd, does anyone know if the release date is the same world wide?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Betelgeuze View Post
                            I am not going to download an unfinished version. Will buy the dvd, does anyone know if the release date is the same world wide?
                            Probably not. Play.com says April 14th, 2008 for UK, so it's a month and 3 days ater the US release - March 11, 2008.

Comment

i downloaded the movie but the effects are horrible on this one blue and red ball lol! I may buy it maybe dont what does it matter to you
                              S.O.A.D will save rock`n roll!

Comment

You gotta be incredibly stupid not to relise its not finished if you download such a crappy file. If its any smaller then 3GBs then its not worth downloading, i have a DVD that is 90 minutes long and its 5GBs Also has no extras.

Hopefully the arse that stole it and pirated it gets charged with piracy and theft. I seriously doubt it would affect DVD sales, anybody who was going to buy it and have downloaded it will still download it. If the effects as as bad as Adrift and Lifeline people will want the DVD.

Comment

Working...
                                X