This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lightbane View Post
    You gotta be incredibly stupid not to relise its not finished if you download such a crappy file. If its any smaller then 3GBs then its not worth downloading, i have a DVD that is 90 minutes long and its 5GBs Also has no extras.
    dude, you do understand the concept behind compression right?

Comment

Originally posted by Serebii View Post
      Enough to make a sizeable dent thats for sure
      Is it? I don't think so...

Comment

Originally posted by Freekzilla View Post
        Not gonna change my mind about buying it, as I still am no matter what. The one thing it did do was, make me want to buy it more.
        I had no idea what you were talking about until I watched it. I agree, it was a blast to watch, but now I want to buy it even more. I can't wait to watch it in widescreen HD!
        sigpic
        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
        ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
          I had no idea what you were talking about until I watched it. I agree, it was a blast to watch, but now I want to buy it even more. I can't wait to watch it in widescreen HD!
          Yeah, if I loved this version, I can't wait to see how I feel about the finished one.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Promotion is promotion whether good or bad.
            I really wish they would release DVDs in countries other than the US and Canada more quickly. I don't need a German version (the synced stuff sucks anyway). Just release an original language version maybe with local subs and release it worldwide at once. I guess then the sync-process wouldn't pay off that much anymore but still it would... Well, with the dollar being that weak I will try to get my hands on an imported US-version.
            Edit: Oh, I forgot about region coding, damnit!
            Last edited by Actionhank; 25 December 2007, 08:34 PM.
            Welcome to the zone where normal things don't happen...

...very often

Comment

It's strange that they don't to be honest, I'm sure the European market is bugger than the North American one, it's probably more to do with shipping and language issues more than anything...

Comment

Originally posted by Actionhank View Post
                Promotion is promotion whether good or bad.
                I really wish they would release DVDs in countries other than the US and Canada more quickly. I don't need a German version (the synced stuff sucks anyway). Just release an original language version maybe with local subs and release it worldwide at once. I guess then the sync-process wouldn't pay off that much anymore but still it would... Well, with the dollar being that weak I will try to get my hands on an imported US-version.
                Edit: Oh, I forgot about region coding, damnit!
                Multiregional DVD player is the solution, plus you can easily hack your current DD player if it's region coded one into being multiregional one. Videohelp.com is very helpful with it.

Comment

I cannot believe sites like that are legal, let alone posting links to them..

Comment

lol bl to the region locked dvd players. its actually illegal for a company to sell a region locked dvd player here in Australia, since it was ruled by our High Court that region lockouts breached our trade practices act.

Comment

ok i am confused here i didnt even no this had happened, i would love to see it and i have al ready pre ordered the dvd from play.com so i would watch both, anyone got a link they could PM me???
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ladyinred View Post
                        But how many of them - dozens or hundreds? I wouldn't be afraid of them at all.
                        I don't think this leak will have a negative effect on the sales. Those who were planning to pirate the movie would be able to get it about a week before the movie is officially released anyway, so if they get this workprint or a DVDrip doesn't really make much difference IMO.

Hopefully this early leak will help to boost the popularity of this movie

Comment

Well looks like I was a few days late to watch it online, However I have mixed feelings about this, anyways.

I HOPE! the true fans who downloaded it will still buy the DVD! Not only because you are a fan and its your dutie to help the sakes of the DVd so they can make more films, but also for the better qualities and extras!

IF i did watch it online I should note I would still of got in on DVD on release, I have all the Stargate DVDs and will not stop now! Even if it is bad (which I am sure ist not) Its still Stargate!
                          sigpic
                          Banner Made By Me for Me
                          The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasDM View Post
                            I don't think this leak will have a negative effect on the sales. Those who were planning to pirate the movie would be able to get it about a week before the movie is officially released anyway, so if they get this workprint or a DVDrip doesn't really make much difference IMO.

Hopefully this early leak will help to boost the popularity of this movie
                            Exactly, the film would have been ripped and uploaded on line no matter what, anyone who was genuinely going to buy it isn't going to change their mind because they've got their hands on an unfinished, low-quality copy.

Comment

At this time I'd like to point out http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/epic/site/..._ip01456e.html which is Canadian study on how p2p downloads affect sales. And in Canada at least, it seems to improve actual physical media sales. I can only hope Ark of Truth follows along those lines
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by robitaille88 View Post
                                At this time I'd like to point out http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/epic/site/..._ip01456e.html which is Canadian study on how p2p downloads affect sales. And in Canada at least, it seems to improve actual physical media sales. I can only hope Ark of Truth follows along those lines
                                Man, that would be great. The more sales the better. If these movie do well, SG-1 may get to continue for quite some time.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X