No announcement yet.

Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Manzione writes: “But, can you tell anything about the upcoming SG1 movie? Have the actors signed on? All or them? Some of them? Any chance at all that RDA is interested? Can we look to you for further information about the SG1 movie? Is February still a start date for it?”

Answer: February was never a start date. A more likely start of production would be summer of 2009. As for actor participation, I don’t know anything about any deals being closed but I do know that some of the actors have been approached and are looking forward to the project.

StellaByStargate writes: “Is the re-cut of SG-1 CotG still in the works and can we look for that to be released sometime soon? And also…since Brad and Carl seem rather busy with SGU for the time being, how is the SG-1 movie coming along?”

Answer: I believe the CotG is done. No idea when it will be released but I imagine very soon. As for the SG-1 movie - Brad and Carl broke the story together and now Carl is off writing the script. When he last reported in, Carl was about halfway through a first draft.
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...t-was-my-idea/
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I'm still unclear on this. Are Brad and Carl writing the movie together, or has Brad just pitched Carl the idea and is letting him write it?

Comment

I really hope we get all of SG-1 in this movie. And by all, I mean Mitchell, Carter, Daniel, Teal'c, Vala, and General O'Neill (along for the ride). Not just some of them. Having all of them is very important to me.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          I'm still unclear on this. Are Brad and Carl writing the movie together, or has Brad just pitched Carl the idea and is letting him write it?
          From what i gather they both broke the story but carl is actually writing the teleplay. so they should both get story credits, and will Carl will a get extra credit for wirting it.

From what Joe said on his blog it looks like the 3rd SG1 movie is further along in development that the Atlantis movie even tho MGM havent issed a press release greenlighting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
            From what i gather they both broke the story but carl is actually writing the teleplay. so they should both get story credits, and will Carl will a get extra credit for wirting it.

From what Joe said on his blog it looks like the 3rd SG1 movie is further along in development that the Atlantis movie even tho MGM havent issed a press release greenlighting it.
            Yes, I've always had the impression that it was further along than the Atlantis movie, and while I'd like to see both of them ASAP I really hope that means that they'll film the SG1 movie first!

Comment

I think they'll film both at the same time, in the summer.

Forgot where I heard that though.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                I really hope we get all of SG-1 in this movie. And by all, I mean Mitchell, Carter, Daniel, Teal'c, Vala, and General O'Neill (along for the ride). Not just some of them. Having all of them is very important to me.
                I agree and Landry and maybe Carolyn too even if it just a Cameo
                sigpic
                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
                  Yes, I've always had the impression that it was further along than the Atlantis movie, and while I'd like to see both of them ASAP I really hope that means that they'll film the SG1 movie first!
                  Joe said
                  StellaByStargate writes: “Is the re-cut of SG-1 CotG still in the works and can we look for that to be released sometime soon? And also…since Brad and Carl seem rather busy with SGU for the time being, how is the SG-1 movie coming along?”

Answer: I believe the CotG is done. No idea when it will be released but I imagine very soon. As for the SG-1 movie - Brad and Carl broke the story together and now Carl is off writing the script. When he last reported in, Carl was about halfway through a first draft.
                  http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...t-was-my-idea/

Well, you’ll be pleased to here that I was far more productive today, completing my outline for the first part of the Stargate: Universe mid-season two-parter AND picking up where Paul left off on the Stargate: Atlantis movie outline. Hope to have the latter finished by early next week.
                  http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...e-con-circuit/

Speaking out outlines, I switched gears today and worked on the Stargate: Atlantis movie outline, working my way toward the big finish (for the story and, if things work out the way I’m hoping they will…ah, I’ll save it for another entry).
                  http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...he-beat-sheet/

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  I think they'll film both at the same time, in the summer.

Forgot where I heard that though.

Ganymede writes: “Need some clarity Joe… You mentioned Feb 4 as the currently scheduled date for principal shooting… IS this for the SGA movie?”

Answer: Nope. The movies probably won’t shoot until Summer of 2009.
                  http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...niverse-day-3/
                  sigpic

Comment

The student has become the master.

Comment

But has he overthrown the old master
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Ooo- is this going to end like Anakin and Obi-wan?

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          But has he overthrown the old master
                          LOL maybe what do you think?

Originally posted by VSS View Post
                          Ooo- is this going to end like Anakin and Obi-wan?
                          *runs and hides*
                          sigpic

Comment

Sweet, I get to be more powerful than you could possibly imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                              Sweet, I get to be more powerful than you could possibly imagine.
                              The Dark Side of the Continuum's set pieces twisted your mind!
                              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Steve writes: “Can you tell us if it’s known who will be directing the two movies next summer? Will Martin Wood direct the SG1 movie? Will Andy Mikita or Rob Cooper himself direct the Atlantis one?”

Answer: We’ll have to wait and see on the SG-1 movie, but Andy is slated to directed the Atlantis movie.
                                http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-lamb-hotline/
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X