No announcement yet.

Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm certainly not trying to change your beliefs or saying you're wrong so yeah, let's just agree to disagree
    Thank you, Jumper_One. : )

And all I did was point out that people who like the story aren't making it up. I didn't say whether it was a good or bad story arc, or that you're wrong not to like it- just that it existed. If you really want to suggest people are seeing things that are not really there, don't expect said people to let that slide.
    We disagree. That's why I was trying to steer away from this debate. There's all kinds of disagreement within the fandom that is remarkably unproductive.

'threads' showed sam and jack coming to a head on their relationship(s), including with each other. but did that mean they got together? let's find out for sure. (and since i think they *did* get together, i'd like to see it. see it = confirmation)
    I don't disagree with your point, since you point out that there are multiple possibilities. I only disagree with it being a good idea.

Comment

That doesn't really concern me. IMO, SG-1 will still feel like SG-1 in this film.
      I feel confident that with Brad Wright overseeing the project, it will be fully SG-1. Although, who wrote First Contact/Lost Tribe? Much as I enjoyed it, Daniel's dialogue was a little off in parts...

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
        Thank you, Jumper_One. : )

I feel confident that with Brad Wright overseeing the project, it will be fully SG-1. Although, who wrote First Contact/Lost Tribe? Much as I enjoyed it, Daniel's dialogue was a little off in parts...
        Martin Gero
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I don't disagree with your point, since you point out that there are multiple possibilities. I only disagree with it being a good idea.
          multiple possibilities? you mean, they either got together or didn't get together? i guess you can call *two* possibilities multiple.
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Quote:
            Originally Posted by amconway
            Martin Gero
            Thanks for the info, Jumper_One... No way to tell yay or nay on Carl Binder than, is there, but I doubt Brad Wright would have chosen him if he didn't have the chops.

multiple possibilities? you mean, they either got together or didn't get together? i guess you can call *two* possibilities multiple.
            You're right. I chose my words poorly. (I almost added other possibilities but decided not to. I get in enough trouble making a plea for peace, withough going to the other extreme and cracking wise ; )

Comment

Yeah, BW knows what he is doing. If he trusts Carl, so do I.

For an SGA story, I thought Daniel seemed pretty much like himself in FC/LT.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                Or "got together and then broke up" (and before anyone jumps down my throat, it is a possibility), or "agreed to get together but decided to wait for some reason or another." And given that this is Stargate, I would say that there are probably other possibilities, outlandish though they may be.
                Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Originally posted by Khentkawes View Post
                  Or "got together and then broke up" (and before anyone jumps down my throat, it is a possibility), or "agreed to get together but decided to wait for some reason or another." And given that this is Stargate, I would say that there are probably other possibilities, outlandish though they may be.
                  Well, as long as you think Sam wasn't at Jack's house during Threads to ask about something like what kind of barbeque sauce he uses, we'll give you a pass on that.

Comment

Yeah, BW knows what he is doing. If he trusts Carl, so do I.

For an SGA story, I thought Daniel seemed pretty much like himself in FC/LT.
                    I really did enjoy both episodes immensely. It was more in First Contact that there were a couple of moments that didn't ring true. On the other hand, the directing/editing is quite different in Atlantis, so it may not have been the actual dialogue that was hitting me as being a little off. And I really mean 'a little off' not 'wrong'...
                    Last edited by amconway; 01 January 2009, 07:22 PM.

Comment

I was purposely trying to avoid specific debate on the correctness or incorrectness of any individual subsection of fandom, partly because we know where that will go (brrrrrr......), and partly because my argument is that it doesn't matter. That's why I only responded in the most general sense. Canon does not give us answers on this, and that is all to the good. It allows each of us to cherish our own beliefs as fans.

I wasn't trying to open a debate, I'm curious because in season nine and ten I didn't see little ship moment, maybe just the password fishing...
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

(*whispers* Me, to. I was just trying to head off what happened anyway...)

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                          S/J's always been very subtle imo

yup I completely agree however it'd be kinda strange (and against regs) for her to have a pic of Jack in her Atlantis quarters if they're not in a relationship anyway it's pretty obvious imo. even some of TPTB have said they've been together since Threads ie Joe and the actors seem to agree. however that's off-screen so not canon
                          If I remember well there was a Daniel's pic too.

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                          I don't remember everything, you'd have to ask the S/J shippers for a complete list. Sam used several Jackisms during s9 and s10. as for Continuum, I was referring to Sam's reaction when Cam asked her what was going on
                          Jackism? It's kinda weird for a woman in her forthy to act like a teen ager, I really hope the writers didn't write a thing like that...but we are talking the same writers that wrote The Jack/Kerry/Sam scene in Threads, very imbarassing for a supposed strong character like Sam.
                          And about the reaction, well if is just for the reaction Daniel and Vala are married with children, and maybe even Sam and Cam, see LITS, Continuum, Flesh and Blood.
                          I relly don't care if in the movie we'll know the TRUTH, as much as that don't take all the movie. I know that the author wrote them as ship, but in my opinion they wrote the ships really bad, I hope to see a movie about the team and not a movie just about Jack or, worst for me, Jack/Sam, and for team I mean Daniel Cam Teal'c Sam Vala and Jack, no crossover with Atlantis - little time for all that characters - or former member or death characters to resuscitate, for the same reason - little time, and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE no more AU, or time story or parallel universe...I'm really sick and tired of that.
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

(*whispers* Me, to. I was just trying to head off what happened anyway...)
                            No problem, and I completely agree with you on everything.
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                              I'm still unclear on this. Are Brad and Carl writing the movie together, or has Brad just pitched Carl the idea and is letting him write it?
                              Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by madaboutdanny View Post
                                If I remember well there was a Daniel's pic too.

Jackism? It's kinda weird for a woman in her forthy to act like a teen ager, I really hope the writers didn't write a thing like that...but we are talking the same writers that wrote The Jack/Kerry/Sam scene in Threads, very imbarassing for a supposed strong character like Sam.
                                And about the reaction, well if is just for the reaction Daniel and Vala are married with children, and maybe even Sam and Cam, see LITS, Continuum, Flesh and Blood.
                                I relly don't care if in the movie we'll know the TRUTH, as much as that don't take all the movie. I know that the author wrote them as ship, but in my opinion they wrote the ships really bad, I hope to see a movie about the team and not a movie just about Jack or, worst for me, Jack/Sam, and for team I mean Daniel Cam Teal'c Sam Vala and Jack, no crossover with Atlantis - little time for all that characters - or former member or death characters to resuscitate, for the same reason - little time, and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE no more AU, or time story or parallel universe...I'm really sick and tired of that.
                                Not in Sam's personal quarters! I'd like a movie that involves AU villains (maybe even some of our own like Evil Jack or Evil Daniel)

Comment

Working...
                                X