X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My LiveJournal post

Yikes!
    "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
    "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
    "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
    "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
    >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
      It was almost a Flop episode (it turned out not to be one about 45 minutes in). I give it a ***.

No "To Be Continued" at the end really pi***d me off.

As of the teaser at the end, no S10/S3 clips, that's retar-- Stupid.
      Agreed, it was a pretty good episode. It still annoys me there was no "To Be Continued" the end.

That battle at the end is still listed as one of my favorite space battles in franchise history.

Also, Daniel without his glasses on (because he was wiping them off) in his SG-1 gear was kind of weird.

All I see when I see John Noble is Walter Bishop.

Tuesday, the beginning of the Final season of SG-1, although there were at couple reasons that I'm glad it happened.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that there were 9 people/companies listed under (Digital Effects by). I haven't seen that many since SG-1 Season 1-2
      Last edited by NowIWillDestroyAbydos; 28 April 2012, 04:56 PM. Reason: Visual Effects note I forgot
      sigpic

Comment

I didn't mind the lack of a "To be continued".. as it left us wanting to know more...

Comment

What a great cliffhanger. You're left wondering who survived. Or maybe even did anyone survive.

At first the ep starts off a bit dull with the search for Merlin's weapon. Things got a bit more interesting when the black knight showed up.

If only they had thought of opening the supergate first sooner. That giant kawoosh was awesome.

The good guys didn't stand a chance in that space battle. A big team of Earth, Jaffa, Asgard and Lucian Alliance ships and the Ori ships didn't even have to try. The Korolev sure didn't last long.

Teal'c was brave going to get help from the Lucian Alliance. Pity they weren't any help. The music when they entered the battle was great though.

Season 10 already!
          Last edited by Lieutenant Sparrow; 30 April 2012, 02:37 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Holy Christ...

1. First hint of the Holy Grail...

[spoiler]It'll be a while before you get your hands on that one guys[/spoilers]

2. Teal'c trying to get the Lucien Alliance onside, Netan's right the guy is nuts.

3. Daniel quoting book or Origin back at the Ori fleet...good idea mate but it didn't work.

4. How the hell did they get out of this one?

So...SG1 S9 redeemed itself a fair bit here. And I still finished it off it time(just - watched the ep last night).
            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Sparrow View Post
              What a great cliffhanger. You're left wondering who survived. Or maybe even did anyone survive.

At first the ep starts off a bit dull with the search for Merlin's weapon. Things got a bit more interesting when the black knight showed up.

If only they had thought of opening the supergate first sooner. That giant kawoosh was awesome.

The good guys didn't stand a chance in that space battle. A big team of Earth, Jaffa, Asgard and Lucian Alliance ships and the Ori ships didn't even have to try. The Korolev sure didn't last long.

Teal'c was brave going to get help from the Lucian Alliance. Pity they weren't any help. The music when they entered the battle was great though.

Season 10 already!
              It always made me wonder, WHY there was only 8 or so hattaks there and only the 1 Asgard ship..

Comment

I have to say this episode really brought home the feeling of helplessness that pervaded all actions in the face of the Ori onslaught in a big way. Not only have the Ori worn down all the races in the Milky Way by playing dirty with plagues, bugs and heaven knows what else, now they fly in through a supergate squashing all opposition without any effort.

The destruction of what was amazing advanced technology throughout the previous 8 seasons of SG-1 was a shocking moment and really brought home how vulnerable all were against the seemingly unstoppable force that are the Ori.

I did always like the element of hope that remained with Daniel's unwavering efforts to find Merlin's weapon. It was this constant searching into things that didn't seem that important to others that brought victory so many times to the Tau'ri through the years. Great stuff!

Comment

It definitely brought home how insignificant we are, compared to the "Gods" of the Ori..

Comment

A good episode to end a great season. This episode has a nice mystery for SG1 to solve in the guise of Merlin. It was something missing in the later years as SG1 became too powerful in fighting the Goa'uld. I like the mystery of finding out what Merlin left behind. The mythology of black knight seems like it was a little bit of space filler but besides that the mystery of the Sangrail of thise episode was entertaining. The best part is that while some questions were answered a lot more questions were made. I like the serial nature we got in these later years. I also like the Ori space battle. It was one of the coolest fights we ever saw during the Stargate run. The Ori have always made us look desperate in our fighting them but this one battle was just top notch in showing that even with all the Milky Way forces we didn't have a chance with conventional weapons
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

I wished they would have harkned back to the planet, to find out whether that girl who pulled the sword had any specialness attached to her..

Comment

This ep was great. It lived up to everything i hoped for. The hole grail and a space battle.
                        I knew the girl would get the sword

Last edited by Cluas; 14 February 2013, 11:09 PM. Reason: to add

Comment

In the seanson1 the Goa'uld mother ship was so powerful... Now it is only a joke...

Comment

Tech has increased which is why they are not as potent. Plus they never went against anything ancient till "its good to be king" and "the lost city"/ All which showed how quickly they can be defeated with ancient tech.

Comment

Originally posted by ljxjcz View Post
                              In the seanson1 the Goa'uld mother ship was so powerful... Now it is only a joke...
                              Such is the life of a villain throughout franchise. Just ask the Borg.

Really, it isn't that much a big deal though. Goa'uld have been portrayed as scavengers who do not necessarily perfect the technology they are copying from. The Ori or the Ancients may have an equal field day with them. Hell the Asgard didn't have an issue with the Goa'uld til Anubis brought in Ancient technology to boost the Ha'tak's defenses/or against Asgard weaponry specifically.
                              Hi There!

Comment

I was just watching this episode on Amazon Prime and I love it. I also love the Asgard Kvasir, I love the voice. I just hate the Ori, I just wish there were more than 10 seasons of SG-1 or more than 5 of SGA...

Comment

Working...
                                X