No announcement yet.

Camelot (920)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe each segment came through in pieces that formed up and joine together.

Comment

Reasonable theories.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        Maybe each segment came through in pieces that formed up and joine together.
        Yup, like what happened with the first supergate in 'Beachhead'

Comment

Exactamundo..

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig
            Perhaps I missed something here (and maybe it has been addressed elsewhere), but ... Sam is drifting in space, likely near the Odyssey, since there was no time for her to have gotten far away from it - and there is this battle raging all around her - energy bolts and whatever other kinds of weapons being discharged and likely passing very close to her in all directions - and every last one of them misses her! How is that possible? Not that I wanted anything to happen to her, mind you. I want her in the show. But how can she just be suspended in space, pretty much in the midst of this battle, and she's just watching the whole thing play out. And then Cam takes over the Odyssey and rescues her by bringing the Odyssey to her position and having her "drift" into one of the fighter bays to be saved. Or have I missed something big here?
            Well......she is just a tiny person. It isn't that surprising that she wasn't hit.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

You've raised a good point. However, I should point out that the battle was pretty tame compared to some in other series'.

In the "Babylon 5" TV-movie "Thirdspace", Captain Sheridan is flying round in an EVA suit in a much more heated, close-quarters space-battle and if it was for real he would've been toast or at least hit by some of the ships flying round.
              sigpic

Comment

what happened to the asgard ship?
                the asgard came along in their ship (which i was soo ****ing pumped about) and attacked the ori ships, but they had no effect. there is a scene in which the asgard ship is coming at one of the ori motherships, shooting (right before the lucian alliance shows up) and then its never seen again...

the asgard ship was never shown blowing up, escaping to hyperspace, and yet the only 2 ships to survive were the lucian alliance's hatak and the odyssey. so i can only surmise that it was destroyed, but how could the asgard lose?!

Comment

Well the Korolev was using Asgard shields and it got blown away, so quite easily I would say.

Comment

Well, I kinda remember them fleeing, or at least moving away from everyone, but didnt show the hyperspace jump and all...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                      Well the Korolev was using Asgard shields and it got blown away, so quite easily I would say.
                      "asgard-designed" not asgard shields themselves. the asgard would obv have more powerful shields cause they have more powerful energy reactors.

and if it was destroyed, why wasnt it shown?

Comment

$$$

Comment

I think it was destroyed because if it had only been damaged and forced to retreat it would've went straight to Earth or atleast contacted Earth once it had cleared the battlefield yet there was no word from any ship from the battle intill the Jafa ships met with the Oddysey.

But remember it didn't have the beam weapons on it so even though its shields were powerful it could have been easily destroyed if its weapons werent powerful enough to complement the shields.
                          if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

Originally posted by a6346 View Post
                            I think it was destroyed because if it had only been damaged and forced to retreat it would've went straight to Earth or atleast contacted Earth once it had cleared the battlefield yet there was no word from any ship from the battle intill the Jafa ships met with the Oddysey.

But remember it didn't have the beam weapons on it so even though its shields were powerful it could have been easily destroyed if its weapons werent powerful enough to complement the shields.
                            it didnt have the plasma weapons that were retrofitted onto the odyssey (and later daedalus and apollo) but it did have blue-colored hatak style "photons" that it shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Brewsy View Post
                              "asgard-designed" not asgard shields themselves. the asgard would obv have more powerful shields cause they have more powerful energy reactors.

and if it was destroyed, why wasnt it shown?
                              If it was destroyed, it should have been shown. Losing an Asgard ship would have sent a powerful message to fans.

The only other ship we've seen destroyed (I think) is Thor's ship from "Revelations" and it was destroyed by Anubis' enhanced ha'tak. It was also one of the older Beliskner-type ships.

Wasn't the ship from "Camelot" an O'Neill-type?

Comment

Originally posted by Brewsy View Post
                                it didnt have the plasma weapons that were retrofitted onto the odyssey (and later daedalus and apollo) but it did have blue-colored hatak style "photons" that it shot.
                                Those are plasma weapons.

Comment

Working...
                                X