Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deano
    The look on the priors face when he couldnt use his powers...Priceless

Especially after asking Mitchell if he thought it was even possible to capture him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dana_Jeanne
      Thanks very much! Was driving me nutso!

Dana Jeanne
      The last line was something like, "In the event they ever turned." Not something "returned". I believe.

Comment

I've skimmed through this entire thread after watching the episode, and I'm going to do my best from starting any upset over any negative things I'm about to say, but...

It was terrible. It was slow and I just couldn't get into the whole 'plague' thing, it didn't feel real in any way. I like episodes that grab my attention. This one didn't do any grabbing.

I really do hope next week picks up as I'm sure it will. I've noticed that two parters can be boring when they're not paced correctly and this was no exception. It's not the first episode I've been disappointed in and it probably won't be last. I seem to remember disliking many Season 1 and 8 episodes and quite a few in between. So I'm not going to go into next weeks episode thinking negative things, I never do.

Positively, Chris Judge rocked. He was the ONLY one who saw the seriousness and acted like the world/Jaffa were going to actually end.

The only Orlin scene I liked was the last one and the one where he dropped the villes <sp?> on the floor. The last one was very good in showing the damage the episode had, it had a consequence, that was good.

Hammond whilst good, didn't really have a point. I love him though, and he was the best General.

I didn't feel for Landry, which is such a shame, I've enjoyed him so far actually. I'm starting dislike Lam as well, shame for her too. I sincerely hope that the father/daughter relationship will not become too much of a focus.

I think the episode lacked a faster pace and a 'punch'. I feel really sorry to say it too.

Wendy
        Hugs
        sigpic
        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's Sister
          Well, I would rather have Danny~boy trying to find the right frequincy, then Jack . Wouldn't you?

Um.. No.

(Hey.. you asked. LOL)

Daniel has often been forced to wear a different hat (so to speak) when the storyline demanded it (his help with the techie stuff in The Sentinel springs to mind) so it's not like it sent up any unusual warning bells in my head when I saw it (since if it hadn't been for the whole Orlin deal I assumed Sam would have been there).

Still, even Jack could have turned a dial a notch or two until the Prior's glow stick stopped glowing.

But then again "my" Jack would probably have either insisted Sam or someone from the scientific team that actually created the device be there to work the thing since he would have been the one directly confronting the Prior.

Even I have to admit the "dumb Jack" routine was wearing a little thin towards the end but part of the allure for the character for me was that when it came down to it the guy knew a hawk from a handsaw every time. Part of leadership to me is knowing your own strengths and weaknesses and those of the people around you. You get out of the way and you let people do the jobs they're the best at. That's what being a team is all about.

Hoo
          Hoodat Whatzit

http://www.hoodatlair.com
          http://www.betasite.hoodatlair.com
          http://www.jackfic.com

Comment

Originally posted by SGRanger06
            Teal'c appealed to Gerek's dad and to his Jaffaness. He appealed to everything Gerek knew/grew up around/ honored/valued/fought for/loved. Even though Gerek adopted "Origin", Teal'c convinced him that "Origin" went against everything Gerek knew/grew up around/ etc...
            That scene was one of the best in season 9 so far. It was very powerful, and it was good that for once, the guy that solved a problem in a two parter was Teal'c.

Even though Gerak was a Prior, at heart he was still Jaffa, and we already knew his reluctance to kill his brothers (from part 1), even if he was subsequently priorised.
            I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Originally posted by Laros
              It appeared that the Prior was realy straining to drag Landry along (judging by the fact that his feet did not leave the ground), so I would assume that the device didn't completely block his powers. That would be nearly impossible to do, as you would have to get the exact pitch. Rather, it just made it near impossible to gain the focus required to use his powers. The heated conversation between he and Orlin probably gave him a that focus. It's like tying up Teal'c. sure, the ropes might seem secure, and he might be unable to break them, but if someone were about to shoot say... Jack, he'd probably get a wee bit extra adrenalin to help him break free.
              Yeah ... and clearly he didn't regain his powers completely as Mitchell was able to kill him, so the device was still on.

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
                As for the Prior getting back some of his powers

Originally Posted by Laros
                It appeared that the Prior was realy straining to drag Landry along (judging by the fact that his feet did not leave the ground), so I would assume that the device didn't completely block his powers. That would be nearly impossible to do, as you would have to get the exact pitch. Rather, it just made it near impossible to gain the focus required to use his powers. The heated conversation between he and Orlin probably gave him a that focus. It's like tying up Teal'c. sure, the ropes might seem secure, and he might be unable to break them, but if someone were about to shoot say... Jack, he'd probably get a wee bit extra adrenalin to help him break free.
                Yeah ... and clearly he didn't regain his powers completely as Mitchell was able to kill him, so the device was still on.

PS, sorry if this appears again ... I also posted it in another thread which may get merged with this one later

Comment

Very interesting and plausable theories. It perhaps didn't help that Daniel told him how the device worked giving him perhaps the knowledge he needed to overcome it with greater focus and the emotional distress he was under.

One thing I didn't understand is if he had the power to manipulate his DNA in to the virus why didn't he have the power to read Orlin's mind to see if he were telling the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Master
                    Very interesting and plausable theories. It perhaps didn't help that Daniel told him how the device worked giving him perhaps the knowledge he needed to overcome it with greater focus and the emotional distress he was under.

One thing I didn't understand is if he had the power to manipulate his DNA in to the virus why didn't he have the power to read Orlin's mind to see if he were telling the truth.
                    Priors do have the ability to read minds, but the anti prior gun blocked that ability. At the end Orlin said something like "you know that, as I am an ancient, i wouldnt lie to you"
                    so the prior knew he wasnt lying. and he didnt want to believe Orlin, so, like Tankaras said, he was so frustrated that he broke through the control of the prior gun.

Comment

If you listen closely, Daniel says the device "temporarily" blocks the Prior's priors. It's when he is explaining the device to the Sodan.
                      So, it must be that the device...
                      -has limited battery(or rather can only project a sonar thing so long)
                      -the Prior can eventually focus through it
                      -the Prior changes his "frequency" some how
                      But I don't think emotion had much to do with it.

And for those of you who don't understand why Mitchell was able to shoot the prior, watch Prototype or read my spoiler
                      Spoiler:
                      the prior needs to know Mitchell is shooting at him, as any evolved being with telekinetic powers must, and any evolved being can be caught off guard, or in this case, shot in the back.

It's likely the prior knew he was screwed, and mainly pulled Landry in to give him the plague so he could transfer it to others, and couldn't concentrate to stop Mitchell's bullet.

Comment

It would of been intresting if the prior returned to the Orii galaxy, due to he knew that Orlin wasn't lying, but dedicated his life to "false gods" and everything he believed was a lie, even tho he would not show it, when he returned he would have probly been doubtful of the Orii.

If someone came along and said that your beliefs were totally wrong and proved it infront of other "disbeleavers" everything you aspired and worked to be was based on lies and deciet and that the only reason you were there is for some others personal use, your whole belief system, dedication, culture, base of power and reason for existance is a lie, then you wouldn't be very willing to accept it, even if you knew it to be true.
                        I Have Information...

Comment

Thought this was a good ep with some good charector moments but one thing that has been bothering me about it is why was Orlin loosing his mind through holding on to the knowledge but Daniel seemed able to retain all albiet in his sub-conscous with out any ill effects.

Comment

I think that was the point. Daniel's knowledge is all hidden and secured, and most of all, NOT USED. In mean time Orlin's knowledge all have to be used and remembered, and that would take a lot more effort.

Think of it this way. What's easier, writing a phone number down and forgetting about it, or trying to remember those numbers in your head AT ALL TIMES?

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                              I would love to seem the writers put a bit more pressure on themselves to come up with some GOOD DRAMA and fade to black on a few of the comedic moments from time to time
                              Exactly!!!
                              Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                                I think that was the point. Daniel's knowledge is all hidden and secured, and most of all, NOT USED. In mean time Orlin's knowledge all have to be used and remembered, and that would take a lot more effort.

Think of it this way. What's easier, writing a phone number down and forgetting about it, or trying to remember those numbers in your head AT ALL TIMES?
                                Thats certainly plausable but then that suggests that the human brain can contain all that information so long as you dont try to access it. This also seems contradictory to when O'neil could only access the ancient knowledge sub-conciesly and it was still making him ill, albiet again in a different way.

Comment

Working...
                                X