No announcement yet.

The Fourth Horseman, Part 2 (911)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With regards to whether Hammond is retired or not, well, he could very well be in the Air Force.

My husband is a Canadian army officer, and, according to him, there are plenty of senior military positions in the U.S. where the dress of the day for those positions is civilian attire. These senior officers hardly ever wear their uniform, except on special occasions.

So Hammond could still be in the Air Force.
    Proud Canadian and army wife!

Comment

Originally posted by Caylynn
      So Hammond could still be in the Air Force.
      Could Hammond still be Jack's superior then?

Comment

Since Gerak gave his life in a selfless attempt to defend the Galaxy against the Ori, the Ancients, or at least one of them, should help him to ascend. I hope we see more of Gerak.

Comment

An ok ep, IMO, but it didn't really live up to the promise that Pt 1 imparted.

Good point, Gerak is gone. I never liked the character, he didn't work for me.

Bad point, the petulant rant from a daughter to her dying father. Real comforting.
          sigpic

Comment

I was totally pathetic in this episode, I was desperately ttrying to hold back tears (only barely succeeded) I really didn't like Gerak's character before he was Pryorised, he was just annoying but when he started to turn I was interested and when he went up in flames I lost it (The O my gosh moment!)
            I adore Teal'c even more for this episode, he's a person I would do almost anything to have as a friend (not in an attraction way but as a mentor), he would do me a lot of good- besides I couldn't fight my way out of a paper bag
            Mitchell/Ben is really claiming ground, i was seriously angry when I found out that he would replace Jack and they were bringing Claudia in too, but I don't see his character in Farscape when I look at Mitchell, and I adored Vala as soon as she walked thru the Gate when I first saw her in Avalon 1.
            The actor who played Orlin did do a good job but I did feel that many of his line lacked emotion.
            The exchange between Lam and Landry (the talk and the emotion) was very character building, I liked it.
            I got the feeling that Sam was having too many exchanges with Orlin, perhaps maybe Daniel could have chatted for a bit rather than it all being Sam.
            Aside from that I thought both Daniel and Sam were great, they both did us proud.
            Oh and it's good we now know that Priors can be turned (they've been a bit biased up till now)

Anyways I'll stop waffling on

Tel
            "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
            "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
            Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

Is it just me or does that scene with Hammond not only look strangely bright? Like AT, MS, and BB were in one location, and Hammond was in another. Same thing goes with the nursing home scene. It kind of looks super imposed?

Comment

I felt I was let down in pt 2, I can't put my finger on it.

Overall 7.0

Comment

Ben and Michael are brilliant acting off one another when they're confronting the prior.

It was fun, also, to see Hammond have a moment with Mitchell and two of the original teammates.
                  sigpic
                  "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                  Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

I dont feel like reading the entire thread so sorry if this has been mention before.
                    So I'm rewatching the ep and at 17m22s give or take (Mitchell is hanging in the air thanks to our dear CSM lol) and there's a white X next to his head and the shot changes to the Prior CSM (Mitchells POV) and there's the white cross in the ground. I cant seem to take screen grabs and cant find any at the screengrabs site of the scene. Can anyone else see it or is it just me ? What the hell is it? A mistake, a left over from the special effects?Ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
                      I dont feel like reading the entire thread so sorry if this has been mention before.
                      So I'm rewatching the ep and at 17m22s give or take (Mitchell is hanging in the air thanks to our dear CSM lol) and there's a white X next to his head and the shot changes to the Prior CSM (Mitchells POV) and there's the white cross in the ground. I cant seem to take screen grabs and cant find any at the screengrabs site of the scene. Can anyone else see it or is it just me ? What the hell is it? A mistake, a left over from the special effects?Ideas?
                      Hm... Sounds like the post-production team forgot to edit out the place marks.

I'll have to watch for that next time that episode airs.
                      sigpic
                      "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                      Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

What the heck is going on here?
                        They say "I die free" multiple times, but in English. It's Shel kek nem ron, you pathetic new writers. Do you not make any attempt to give us that classic feel of the first half of this series? Geez.

Comment

Do you even know who wrote this episode?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                            Do you even know who wrote this episode?
                            Yeah, Damian Kindler, who didn't join the series till Season Six, which would make him a latter half writer.
                            He's also responsible for some of the worst episodes (though he has had a few good ones).

Comment

Well...Gateworld says it's written by Joe Mallozzi and Paul Mullie, who came onboard during Season 4. That's the 1st half.

Meh, I like "I die free" better than a bit of alienese.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                                Well...Gateworld says it's written by Joe Mallozzi and Paul Mullie, who came onboard during Season 4. That's the 1st half.

Meh, I like "I die free" better than a bit of alienese.
                                Guess it's a matter of opinion. I've been watching the show since I was a kid, ever since the first season, (saw the movie too), so hearing Teal'c and Gerak say "Shel kek nem ron" would've been one of those cool, moments that really takes you back.
                                I kind of hated, as the seasons dragged on, how everyone lost their "cool".
                                In the first season, Jaffa were highly trained, extremely skillfull warriors of terror who had this awesome "honor and glory" aura and had all these samuraiesque traditions.
                                As the show went on, everyone but Bratac and Teal'c became weak, pathetic warriors who were over-the-top, never mysterious or scary, and didn't care squat for any sort of tradition.

Comment

Working...
                                X