Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes

Comment

The Anti Prior device, how Dumerris overcame it.

If you rewatch the ep, when Mitchell/Daniel are explaining the device to the Sodan, they say Temporarily remove his powers. I hadn't heard this at first either, but I rewatched it yet again and noticed it. Then there was the military guy who yelled, "he's overcome the device". Apparently the device has a certain lifespan, or eventually the Prior can focus through the mental block, or change his frequency all together.

Comment

the idea was to turn off his powers then kill him but they took too long

Comment

I thought they wanted to turn off his powers and convince him to change sides. I thought that idea came up after Orlin indicated that the priors were not complicit in part 1.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

No, it was to turn off his powers to extract blood from him. Then tell him how he is wrong send him on his way.
            *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
            *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
            *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
            *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
            *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
            *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
            *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

yeah, the device was there mostly to get the blood sample from the Prior (which I think Orlin dropped and broke the vial or vials in a later scene? well, {I thought} there goes the blood samples...! so much for that idea.)

Originally posted by SGalisa:
              But could someone please fill me in on *how* Mitchell was able to go back to the planet where Haikon resides; because the first time he was there, Mitchell was supposedly killed and brought by one of the brothers to a special place for burial...
              Originally posted by Fargater:
              ...we just had to figure it out. When Jolan comes to the room, he says something like, "It was foolish of you to come. . . . The others are mistrustful." Cam says, "Yeah, I kinda got that." So Jolan probably took a lot of off-camera heat about duping his brethren that way, but in hindsight Haikon for one is probably glad they didn`t kill him and the rest will follow his lead. I figured Cam and Daniel were in that room not so much to be held as to keep them out of sight until Haikon could meet with them. Less trouble that way.
              thanks! a *thinking* (think-about-it) detail. an interesting explanation...

Originally posted by TameFarrar:
              * How did the Prior get powers his powers back in the end?? And STILL be shot??
              I know one person stated something about him possibly moving away from the device on the ground....Well I KNOW they had already moved the device up onto a stump before the Prior woke up so that isn't it AND the Prior had not moved from the position he was stnding in so what was the reasoning...was it the verses he was quoting from the Book of Origin or was that some sort of power chant??
              When I saw the scene begin, I saw the SGC guy messing with the device on the stump. I thought he was deliberately sabotaging it at that point, not simply holding it or hoping it would still work after the Prior got up.

Even if the SGC guy was merely holding it, he did touch a few parts of the device which might have manually disrupted the settings and reset the frequency so that the Prior could use some of his powers, but still get shot at.

Oooo! can't find the exact quote in this topic, but...
              when Dr. Lam mentioned that Daniel and Cam didn't get infected, but I thought someone here mentioned that Daniel touched Landry after the Prior was choking Landry, and Daniel should have gotten infected too... (this was not an oversight or plot-hole... just a mysterious detail)

hmmm...maybe it has something to do with Daniel's ascensions, or the time when the Prior tried to burn him and Vala to death (Daniel has developed an immunity somehow). Daniel wasn't affected before when Mitchell became ill on that planet where Vala was being put on trial as a Goa'uld.

I thought if anything, Daniel should have been affected in that episode, especially considering his insightful speeches to the Prior visiting that particular planet. But neither him, nor Vala were infected; which made me wonder if it had something to do with when they first met the Priors and Ori during "Avalon" and "Origin". An immunity resistance gene for both of them!

Comment

There is one thing I don't get that maybe you all can shed some light on for me. I know the reason they cast the kid to paly Orling but I really don't like the explanation they give on the show. It doesn't make sense to me.

Orlin comes back as a kid so he can retain the memories better. But last time he came back he wasn't a kid and still had tons of memories of the ancients. He knew how to build a stargate.

The other thing that just didn't make sense with me is that when he decended can't he choose what level of evolution to descend to. So he could decend to a being on the verge of ascending. So he would be extremely powerful with all that cool mind reading and telekenetics we saw in Prototype. This way he would be incredbily powerful and stand more of a chance in confronting the priors if needed. Also in this state he would be able to ascend again if he wanted to since he would be at the right evolutionary state.

What do you think?
                Am I just way off base?

Comment

The Ancients were more on to him this time. Like he said, he can remember being aciended but he couldn't remember.....what ever we was doing. That would also explain why he choosed the level that he did. He's already on pins and needles as is.

But that's just what I thing.
                  *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                  *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                  *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                  *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                  *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                  *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                  *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

God, but it was good to see General Hammond in a few scenes. I miss him.
                    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                    BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

All around great episode! Way better then the stuff we´ve been getting in the second half of season 2 of Atlantis.

There are simply to many good things to talk about that I don´t know were to begin so let´s start with giving my idea for how the prior over came the device. I think Daniel (or Mitchell) said that it worked by confusing the prior and keeping him from concentrating enough to use his powers. When the prior was confronted with an ancient (which must be like a demon or satan in his religion) his hatred gave him the focus needed to overcome the device. So in short, they pushed the prior to hard.

They also finally stated why Teal´C was back with SG-1. This had been slightly bothering me and it´s good to know what he is thinking. It´s perhaps not the greatest reason in the world but for people used to live for a very long time (Teal´C is over a hundred right?) it may not seem like a big deal to spend a year or three on something like this.

Loved the interaction between Mitchell and Daniel, showed that they get along great. Hope to see more of this in coming episodes. I know it´s not Daniels usual style but he handled it very well and it clearly irritated the prior

Hope the rest of the season will be this good.

Comment

haha, maybe the device ran out of batteries, and that was why the prior gained his powers back. Shouldn't have used AAA batteries..

Comment

Originally posted by Skythe
                          haha, maybe the device ran out of batteries, and that was why the prior gained his powers back. Shouldn't have used AAA batteries..
                          It wasn't the size of the batteries..it was the brand..should have gone with Duracell...

Comment

Who thinks...
                            spoiler*
                            ...Gerak's death a bit sudden considering the end of "Horseman 1"?

I'm a bit perplexed!

Comment

No,

Spoiler:
                              He had it comin' to him! The bloody b*******

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                                Not a good episode.
                                How come the Ori dude got his powers back and didn’t just grab his staff and start wasting people. Oh yea, that would require an explanation. As far as I can tell Stargate doesn’t do explanations anymore.
                                I did wonder this one. But they did say to the prior that the device stops him from focusing and concentrating on his powers. I guess really it was just a matter of time for him to force his mind to focus to get a little bit of his powers back, also he was angry too so adrenaline would help that part too,

Cliff
                                Got computer problems? visit http://theportal.dyndns.org/tech

Living TV's Most Haunted, get the spooks, visit http://theportal.dyndns.org/mosthaunted.

Comment

Working...
                                X