The Fourth Horseman, Part 2 (911)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gate Master
    Thats certainly plausable but then that suggests that the human brain can contain all that information so long as you dont try to access it. This also seems contradictory to when O'neil could only access the ancient knowledge sub-conciesly and it was still making him ill, albiet again in a different way.
    Maybe it has to do with the fact that Daniel was ascended. It is possible that when he retook human form, there was still a subtle change in him. One that would allow his mind to hold such knowledge. Who knows for sure?
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
      Maybe it has to do with the fact that Daniel was ascended. It is possible that when he retook human form, there was still a subtle change in him. One that would allow his mind to hold such knowledge. Who knows for sure?
      Thats certainly as good an explanation as I can come up with and as you say who knows for sure.Its even possible the writters haven't even noticed the discepancies, I dont think they analise things to the same degree we do.

Comment

I didn't think of that, but it's a huge discrepancy. Some explanation is needed.
        Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Should have been a 2 hour ep. It was obvious the script was chopped to make way for the new intro and commercials. The ep was good and informative but lacked substance.
          3 of 4

Comment

Have to agree that the whole Dad/Daughter stuff between Landry and Lam was not as good as it could have been - she was just so brusque, and her declaration that she was starting to figure out what it had been like for him was positively grudging. Mind you, that could have been a defence mechanism perhaps. The last thing she needed to do was dissolve into a blubbing heap, though I notice Landry very nearly did! Awww...

Teal'c and Bra'tac rocked (as they always do). As has already been said, it was nice to see Teal'c pull off the solution, and to do it without shooting anyone or blowing anything up. I guess it was rather a quick turnaround on Gerak's part, but given the amount of time to tell the story, we can assume that Teal'c was pushing exactly the right buttons for a quick result, and was able to take a reasonably informed gamble that Gerak's inherent 'Jaffa-ness' would step in and remind him just what he was throwing away by becoming a Prior and trying to pull the Jaffa with him.

I enjoyed the banter between Cam and Daniel while they were engaged in 'Operation Poop The Prior'. But then, I always enjoy that sort of thing, and MS does it so well.

Okay, there were a lot of slow moments, but we caught up with General Hammond again (always nice), and our Russian pal Chekov turned up for a bit, too (Hi there).

Poor Orlin! *sniff*!

Not the greatest episode ever made, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Maybe I'm easily pleased.
            sigpic

Comment

I thought that the episode was alright. Not as good as part one.

Bad bits:- The general and his daughter, this is just doing my head in......Sam and Jacob had some bad times but they never went on like this.

Good bits:- Teal'c.....Christopher Judge is so so awesome in this episode. He's like a big strong teddy bear! Love him to pieces!

Funny part was when Cameron was talking about a recipe for an omlette.

But something of the episode did creep me out......and that was the timing of it....if you watch the news.

To close: Teal'c rules this episode!!!!!
              Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
              The Strongest Will Survive!
              I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

Obviously the priors, at least a single one, isn't THAT powerful. It would likely take an ascended being to cure the entire planet.

Comment

I found the Jaffa story emotionally riveting. I liked how they developed Garak throughout his entire arc, but I knew that he had to go. It was the right thing to do; his character didn't have the staying power of Bra'tac's. Teal'c and Bra'tac owned this ep, IMO.

The Cam - Daniel parts were fun. The boys get along well. Daniel certainly has become a team player, hasn't he?

I liked how the Ori are giving the humans a hard time - kinda reminiscent of the good old first seasons when the Goa'uld could only be temporarily set back through original thinking and a bit of pure luck. I thought the tech they used was pretty nifty - low-tech stuff to use against such an advanced species as the Ori. Again, reminiscent of the first seasons.

I really did enjoy the Prior's discomfort, and Orlin's one decent scene in the entire two-parter.

It was good seeing the Sodan, again, too. Considering that SG-1 was split into 3(and the extra plot time for Lame and Daddy) the Sodan got some decent screentime.

But speaking of lame.... Dr Lam singing her sob-story over the sound system for all the patients and staff to hear.... Oh, yeah, that was so totally believable - for a Disney made-for-tv movie, maybe.

But the most lame award goes to the Sam - Orlin story. Sorry, but all the music in the world couldn't help that story line. I saw no chemistry at all there - to say nothing of the complete turn-off of Orlin coming back as a kid. Oh, well, at least Sam got to play with Lee; at least those two play well off each other.

So, overall, a pretty decent waste of 40+ minutes, but not one I'll be watching over and over.
                  Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                  "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                  One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                  resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                  confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                  A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                  The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

For me, this episode seemed to be rushed, the ad-break came at 10 to 9 and Stargate never lasts the whole hour on Sky One, normally finishing around 5 minutes to, which meant that what ever happened to cure everyone who had become infected would be quick.

I hadn't expected Gerak to turn but Teal'cs speech on Chulak was strong enough and brought home to Gerak that the Jaffa were meant to be free, free from the Goa'uld and the Ori. The Jaffa still follows the path to ascension but they will do it here with the Ancients, those like Oma and the Monk at Kheb.

For a Jaffa Teal’c seems to prefer the peaceful solution to combat, mind you years of oppression under the Goa’uld would make you want to kill another Jaffa whose tattoo was different. Obviously his time with the Tauri has paid off.
                    CJ's scenes were powerful and played into the story of the conflict that the Jaffa are going through, they are being torn between freedom and seeking "God Like Figures" And I can see Bra'tac becoming the Jaffa leader, he's old and wise, and most importantly he was Teal'c mentor, so if you can't get Teal'c go with his mentor, In my opinion any way.

The Cam/Daniel interaction gets better, it would seem that Daniel is starting to trust Mitchell is a similar way to what he had with Jack (please note I said similar and not the same). The writers seem to have adjusted to the team’s interaction with Mitchell and episode was better for it.

Many have said that the emotion should at the end of the episode between Lam and Landry was rubbish, it wasn’t!!!! Lam has felt hate towards her father for so many years because he would tell her or her mother what mission he was on, and she is final able to understand why he would say anything because she is involved with the biggest secret on Earth…ever! It takes time for the emotion to change from hate to love and the emotion that Lam showed us that she was starting to feel for her Dad again. Landry emotion was there as he was hearing how he hurt his daughter, perhaps for the first time, and how she was coming to terms with what he did and why he did it.

Good to have Hammond back for the episode, in this one episode he had more screen time than Jack’s had all season! Also with our favorite Russian back again and the debate with Landry and the representatives of the Appropriations Committee wanting answers, even though they backed the mission! And Landry was right if we don’t go and find Priors, exploring worlds, the Ori will strike as they did in this episode. At least we are out there finding ways to defend Earth…again! Also there was the issue of Walter telling Landry that the President was considering telling the world what exactly was going on, but luckily it didn’t go that far. On another note Walter’s getting more screen time

The only major pothole that I have a problem with is the Sodan not caring that Mitchell is alive unless they knew all along that Mitchell wasn’t dead. Also maybe the Sodan can replace the “absent” Tok’ra as our allies fighting the Ori! They seem to be against the Ori now after their “mission”

The prior seemed shocked that his powers had gone but he must have known that we would eventually get something to use against them after all its fair, isn’t it? Some think that another plot hole is where the Prior was able to use his powers even though the device was on, this is likely to be he changed the frequency of his powers, or the device only blocks the powers for a short period of time.

As has already been mentioned the music that went with the Sam/Orlin scenes gave away that in the end something bad was going to happen to Orlin, over the two parts it showed the eventually damage that Orlin could do if he held on to the information needed to make a cure. The samples being knocked to the floor to him saying and doing the same thing twice. It had a nice end to it with him being in a hospital here on Earth unable to know what he had done to save the human race, what shocked me most was the fact that he couldn’t remember Sam, the puzzle was the best way IMO to end it on.

The Gerak turns saves the S.G.C from the virus and then we use Orlin’s idea to save the planet was rushed and Landry was right we got away with it just!

Overall a good episode In my opinion.

The Fourth Horseman Part II receives a S.G.G rating of 7 out of 9 Chevrons
                    Last edited by Stricken; 12 January 2006, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Master
                      Thats certainly plausable but then that suggests that the human brain can contain all that information so long as you dont try to access it. This also seems contradictory to when O'neil could only access the ancient knowledge sub-conciesly and it was still making him ill, albiet again in a different way.

Well, O'Neill's brain was being taken over at the time with this info, not to mention the info seemed to have been in a compressed format (pardon the computer terms here). So, it would seem that his subconscious was using the info as it unfolded in his brain even though he wasn't fully aware of it. So, perhaps you could say that Oma compressed the info to a small little point somewhere in Daniel's brain to the point where it did no damage as long as it remained inactive. However, when Daniel began accessing the info again with RepliSam, chances are he would've ended up the same way, if not worse that Orlin.
                      I knew it! I knew it! Well, not in the sense of having the slightest idea, but I knew there was something I didn't know!
                      - Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Comment

The reason for Orlins rapid decline could simply be that it was one of the requirements he had to meet in order for the other ancients not to stop him from going to Earths aid. The ancients more or less wanted to make sure that Orlin didn´t have time to impart any knowledge other then the cure.

Comment

Great start enjoyed the capture of the Prior and where Landry was getting to him about his kids (sad). More great insight into the Ancients and their past and seeing Mitchel and Daniel be sarcastic with the prior was great to see.

STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
                          legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode - although maybe that's because I hadn't watched my stargate in a couple weeks; withdrawal can do funny things. .
                            Although this particular episode was lacking in some respects, I thought there were some really good parts too.
                            • Cameron and Daniel's 'interrogation' of the prisoner was one of the highlights for me. Although it reminds of some Jack/Daniel exchanges, I think Cameron is coming out as his own character; the humor is similar but not exactly the same. And his 'staff to Ori' gag? Priceless.
                            • When I was half-way through, Orlin was annoying me. I unfortunately had missed part one, and was almost counting myself lucky for it if I'd missed 'annoying Orlin.' I thought his acting was a bit forced at times. However, that last scene was just so well done; it made me tear up - the poor guy sacrificed all of this and there's no way anyone will ever be able to thank him. There's no way he'll ever know all that he did. And the look in Sam's eyes when she offers to help with the puzzle - heartbreaking. She who best of all knew who Orlin had been, was forced to live knowing what he'd lost in a lifetime, what she'd lost in a friend. In a way, she's the only one who'll really remember him, yeah, the government will take care of him - but she'll be the only one who knows what a life he could have led, what a man he could have been - and what a man he was.
                            • This is the first episode I did not like Dr. Lam. She had kind of grown on me earlier in the season, and I appreciated another intelligent female role. However, the way she spoke with Landry just kind of made me lukewarm towards her, so to speak. I understand why her character would have been angry, felt like being harsh - but her father could have died; yes, she was angry - but the way she spoke it seemed as if she were kicking him when he was already down. I did like that she was beginning to identify with him, but it still bothers me how harsh he was - no matter what a person was in life, he deserves kindness at least in death. Also, the acting for that part was a little off. I'll withhold my judgement until I see more of her, however, and am hoping she'll grow on me again.
                            • The Teal'c-talk-by-the-grave thing seemed a bit cliche to me, but I liked the way the actors handled it. The lines were a bit OTT, but the acting was well done. Kudos to Mike Judge - and I did so like Bra'tac's speech.
                            • And, after everything is said and done, you have to love Daniel Jackson in a black bandanna. Or any bandanna, really. And I loved the way he took care of the Prior problem when his teammate was dangling in mid-air. "*Looks over at Cam* Hmm. No, not that one either." Perhaps cliche, but still good. And you've gotta love the bandanna.

Banners by Luciana, Nici and myself.

Comment

OMG this ep had me on the edge of my seat with the emotion and speaches

Gerick giving his life to say earth was good

and the witty coments between DJ amd CM we great i wanna get the recipe for the omlet it sounded great
                              Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
                                The last line was something like, "In the event they ever turned." Not something "returned". I believe.
                                Ah. Thanks. That makes more sense than what I thought he was saying. They`d want a failsafe in case a Prior "ever turned".

EDIT: Just checked TheWarrior`s link to the trancript (Thanks, TheWarrior) and it is indeed "in the event he ever turned".
                                Last edited by Fargater; 19 January 2006, 09:52 PM.
                                Fargater (n.) A Farscape fan who got curious about Stargate SG-1 on learning BB and CB would be joining, belatedly discovered the greatness of Stargate SG-1 in reruns, and who is now a happy fan of both shows.

Comment

Working...
                                X