Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think its a great episode!

I loved Vala especially.
    My name comes from a Greek word that means a supernatural being halfway between a god and a human being (but not a demi-god). Though I am also the master of magic. Therefore... Stargate rules!!!

Comment

Okay... I now waited like 9 Month to start watching S9 of SG1... I somehow just didn't really wanted to watch it...I mean without Sam...and especially without Jack, Jack for me just WAS SG1...

But I have to say, after watching Avalon Pt.1 (and also 2) I'm pleasantly surprised what they made of it. I like Cameron...and I LOVE Vala... she's just great. They bring a new fresh breeze into the show... sure I still miss old SG1 I'm a fan of the show since the first hour, but it's okay as it is now too... so I won't stop watching it I decided.

Landry is a someone you have to get used to...not very typic person for a General... I think Hammond is still the best

Vala is fun...that's what I liked on Stargate, that it's not the usual SciFi-like Show, which is very serious...it's a mic between seriousness and fun...and that's what it makes good. so a character like Vala is just right in place

So I liked it and I think I won't wait til it get aired in germany (which could take an other year *aaarrrggghhh*)

Comment

Originally posted by Dorka
        Okay... I now waited like 9 Month to start watching S9 of SG1... I somehow just didn't really wanted to watch it...I mean without Sam...and especially without Jack, Jack for me just WAS SG1...

But I have to say, after watching Avalon Pt.1 (and also 2) I'm pleasantly surprised what they made of it. I like Cameron...and I LOVE Vala... she's just great. They bring a new fresh breeze into the show... sure I still miss old SG1 I'm a fan of the show since the first hour, but it's okay as it is now too... so I won't stop watching it I decided.

Landry is a someone you have to get used to...not very typic person for a General... I think Hammond is still the best

Vala is fun...that's what I liked on Stargate, that it's not the usual SciFi-like Show, which is very serious...it's a mic between seriousness and fun...and that's what it makes good. so a character like Vala is just right in place

So I liked it and I think I won't wait til it get aired in germany (which could take an other year *aaarrrggghhh*)
        Vala is really great character and Claudia Black is a wonderful actress, are you familiar with Farscape, btw? She's a lot of fun, but also very serious when necessary, wait until you see The Powers That Be or Crusade episodes. And HERE you can talk much more about Claudia and Vala

BTW, is it Claire from McLeod's Daughters series in your avatar pic?

Comment

Yeah, I saw some episodes of Farescape a few years ago...it's weird to see Ben Browder and Claudia Black again in one TV-show but not in the same Roles... i also saw her in an other series.... not SciFi-related...but no idea what it was *lol*...she's really great. What accent does she have? Australian?I'm not native-english speaking (as you surely already have noticed ) so I can't really tell but sounds similar to the one they speak in Mcleods Daughters which brings me to your other question...yeah, that is claire they started airing it here in Switzerland a 2 month ago

So yep, great episode... oh and I personally liked the backflashes from Cameron it just let us remember more, that there's not ONLY SG1 there when it comes to fights, there are other people fighting and even dying too!

Comment

Yeah, I saw some episodes of Farescape a few years ago...it's weird to see Ben Browder and Claudia Black again in one TV-show but not in the same Roles... i also saw her in an other series.... not SciFi-related...but no idea what it was *lol*...she's really great. What accent does she have? Australian?I'm not native-english speaking (as you surely already have noticed ) so I can't really tell but sounds similar to the one they speak in Mcleods Daughters which brings me to your other question...yeah, that is claire they started airing it here in Switzerland a 2 month ago
            !
            Perhaps it was New Zealand "City Life" where Claudia played a lawyer? And Claudia's accent is actually a mix (she's talking about it in the DVD commentary to one of Farscape's episodes, season 1 - I'ET) of Australian and British.

Hallmark channel here in Poland (English is not my language, either ) aired McLeod's Daughters, I watched 3 or even 4 seasons, love this series.

Comment

Yeah, "City life" it was Her accent is really cool...never heard her in original til yesterday before, only with synchro!

I love it too... we are at beginning S3 atm

Comment

Yeah, "City life" it was Her accent is really cool...never heard her in original til yesterday before, only with synchro!

I love it too... we are at beginning S3 atm
                There's gonna be a lot of crying in one of the episodes by the end of this season, prepare huge box of Kleenex...

"City Life" was aired in Poland 2 - 3 years ago or so, I taped the whole series, fortunately we don't have dubbing, but something else - a voice over, which means that one person (a man usually) is reading all Polish dialogues, while you're able to hear the original dialogues in the background, but quite clear. SAT 1 aired City Life in German speaking countries, right? I think I saw several episodes (SAT 1 is in cable networks here and of course via satellite Astra), of course not understanding anything, because I don't speak German...

Comment

I'm a spoiler Freak, so I know that
                  Spoiler:
                  Claire will die *sniffles*

Yep, It was on Sat1... as far as I remember on weekends...sunday maybe...we receive Sat1 in Switzerland too You are polish...cool due my name I'm also Polish well 300 years ago or so...my family comes from Hungary
                  uh..we are kinda off-topic

Comment

I'm a spoiler Freak, so I know that
                    Spoiler:
                    Claire will die *sniffles*

Yep, It was on Sat1... as far as I remember on weekends...sunday maybe...we receive Sat1 in Switzerland too You are polish...cool due my name I'm also Polish well 300 years ago or so...my family comes from Hungary
                    Cool!

uh..we are kinda off-topic
                    So to be back on topic, I recommend you reading, HERE, my transcript from DVD commentary for Avalon pt. 1 I must say that I love SONY, they subtitled EVERYTHING, not only episodes, but also commentaries and another extra feature. I've bought UK version of season 9's vol. 1 on-line and it arrived here on Tuesday

Comment

the re run for this epsiode still has the short opening theme
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

ok i don't if this has been mention before but after watching the interview part mitchell interviewed a girl who said she can speak anciant, so why the hell did she not go to atlantis? she could help translate the writing in the city; but instead she stayed on earth. what's the deal?
                        "Daniel?"
                        "For crying out loud!!"
                        "Roddney?"
                        "now get your ass back to work and fix those damn engines!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. O'Neill
                          ok i don't if this has been mention before but after watching the interview part mitchell interviewed a girl who said she can speak anciant, so why the hell did she not go to atlantis? she could help translate the writing in the city; but instead she stayed on earth. what's the deal?
                          Maybe it's because she's so annoying. The Atlantis team would have probably tied a cement block around her legs and threw her off the city into the water in no time.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

oh, that makes sense .
                            "Daniel?"
                            "For crying out loud!!"
                            "Roddney?"
                            "now get your ass back to work and fix those damn engines!!"

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                              The Atlantis team would have probably tied a cement block around her legs and threw her off the city into the water in no time.
                              Are you kidding me? That would have been being nice.

Comment

A pleasant episode flash backs on antartica battle are of course thrillings, and it introduces the character of Mitchell who was immediately sympathetic to me
                                The discovering of the ancient hiddent treasure place was a bit easy, but it was necessary to launch the events...
                                Hallowed is RepliCarter!

Hallowed are the Ori...

Comment

Working...
                                X